Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Actually, I would bet that 99+ % of the folks who participate here who actually have something valuable to contribute probably find my posts civil.

Yes sir.

Whether that is in agreement or not, you would be very hard pressed to find me showing your level of disrespect and "potty mouth" toward other people whom I regularly converse with on this forum.

Once again, right on the money.

Frankly that's none of your business though as your gutter mouth seems to know no boundaries with practically everyone you've come into contact throughout the Campfire forum.

Truer words were never typed.

GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Rd Finn,

Typical arrogant , horsecrap from a twit like you who is full of himself.

You should work for Obama, your self-righteous indignation would go far in the current Whitehouse.

I fixed your little "speech" above with the truth that you left out posted in red.

[quote=]Actually, I would bet that 99+ % of the anit Leupold buds of mine folks who participate here who actually have something valuable to contribute probably find my posts civil.

Really? based on all of the Snide "driveby posts"( like you started on the first coubple of pages here)- It would be hard to see that.

Whether that is in agreement or not, you would be very hard pressed to find me showing your level of disrespect and "potty mouth" toward other people whom I regularly converse with on this forum.
Except of course for the way you behave towards me and the comments you make on other posts.

Yes I have argued withbadgered) Eremicus many, many times and when I've shown frustration (or maybe disrespect)

No basically, you and the other ABL Jackals here make fun of him at every opportunity.

I have apologized as I just did recently and openly.
You needed to

Frankly that's none of your business(yes it is when you pull the same crap on me) though as your gutter mouth seems to know no boundaries with practically everyone you've come into contact throughout the Campfire forum.

Actually my "disrespect " is pretty much limited to you to YOU and about 3-5 other idiot pals of yours here. Saying it is to "everyone" I coverse with here is simply not the truth ,but then again you are not about the truth. Just playing your smug little games here on the 'fire.. Like the REDICULOUS posting of the Leupold Logo as your Avitar just so you can hide behind it when you post/agree with lies told by your "ABL" buds here.

You are sad little coward.

[/quote]

Last edited by jim62; 09/21/10.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
Actually, I would bet that 99+ % of the folks who participate here who actually have something valuable to contribute probably find my posts civil.

Yes sir.

Once again, right on the money.

Frankly that's none of your business though as your gutter mouth seems to know no boundaries with practically everyone you've come into contact throughout the Campfire forum.

Truer words were never typed.

Spoken by the gutless leutenant of the "ABL" club.

It's obvious you two are gay for each other. Get a room.

The rest of us can honestly talk about optics while you two idiots trade compliments and tell each other how "superior" you think you are. wink

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by quickdraw
I'm leaning towards a Redfield or Burris after this discussion.

Thanks for all of the thoughts.

Apparently , some folks value RD Finn's and Magnumdood's "wisdom" less than they do.. wink

To all gunmaker critics-
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I didn't include you in the factor because you are irrelevant.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
RDFinn, jim 62 et al...
why dont you guys create a fight thread of your own and let rest enjoy and discuss the thread? I am sure the OP does not care about the underlying issues of the disagreements and grievances between you.
As a fairly new member I say most of the time I come here for help/advice/knowledge, not the have see post hijacked by schitt shows. For writing so tough you sure are all sensitive to other posters opinions on gear.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jim62

I fixed you little "speech" above with the truth that you left out posted in red.

Looks like I was pretty close when I guesstimated your graduation age of 23 from high school.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Well you arrogant Yankee P.O.S., if I am so "irrelevant" why do you respond?

To all gunmaker critics-
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You are 100% correct and you have my apologies.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Sponxx
RDFinn, jim 62 et al...
why dont you guys create a fight thread of your own and let rest enjoy and discuss the thread? I am sure the OP does not care about the underlying issues of the disagreements and grievances between you.
As a fairly new member I say most of the time I come here for help/advice/knowledge, not the have see post hijacked by schitt shows. For writing so tough you sure are all sensitive to other posters opinions on gear.

Well Sponx ,I could not agree more.

But if you look at the OP-Quickdraw's post above, he has gotten good opinions on his origional question .

Despite RD and Magnumdood's attempt to make this into a Vortex Commerical/Soap opera.

To all gunmaker critics-
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Unless we're discussing the American League East MLB team in the Bronx, New York City, I've never thought of "Yankee" as a bad thing.

Jeff

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
Vortex Viper at Cameraland for $179.00. Koshkin rated it among the best of the <$200 scopes. I have one, and it is very nice. It would be a good scope at twice that price.

+1 on the Vortex Viper 2x7 very nice for the money

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bushnell 3200 Elite 3-9X40. They are cheap on eBay. Or you can buy a brand that nobody's ever heard of.

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What would you pick for a decent but relatively inexpensive scope for a backup deer rifle (mauser 308)?

Nikon buckmaster 3-9x40
Nikon prostaff
Burris fulfield II
Redfield 3-9x50
Leuopold Rifleman

Any other?

Key criteria are light transmission and holding zero.

I love the Nikon Prostaff and use them on most of my deer rifles. Having just bought a Leupold VX-I, I won't be buying another Leupold.

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Swampman700
...Having just bought a Leupold VX-I, I won't be buying another Leupold.

Why not??

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
What would you pick for a decent but relatively inexpensive scope for a backup deer rifle (mauser 308)?

Nikon buckmaster 3-9x40
Nikon prostaff
Burris fulfield II
Redfield 3-9x50
Leuopold Rifleman

Any other?

Key criteria are light transmission and holding zero.

Well...if you're gonna use those as your selection criteria, you unfairly hamstring lupies.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I'm leaning towards a Redfield or Burris after this discussion.

Thanks for all of the thoughts.

You know Magnumretard, it is realy a shame that while you keep harping on your jeuvenile anti Leupold BS , the OP here is IGNORING YOU.

It looks like he IS going to either a with a Redfeild(Leupold )or a Burris.

Funny he did not mention the Vortex you pimp here so often.

You really should talk with J Burns about ditching those "inferior" Leupolds on his Long range rifles. Or save all those US Soldiers who will be using Leupold scopes on the new SASSm110 Contract rifles for the Army.

To all gunmaker critics-
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thing is, only the Burris was on his original list. I'd say the OP got some interesting advice on an inexpensive scope to put on his mauser .308 backup rifle. (Not on a SASSm110 rifle. Maybe that discussion should be on a separate thread? Military sniper rifle scopes, anyone??? grin )

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Military sniper scope thread, wonder how that would turn out............... laugh

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
The place to ask about sniper scopes is on Sniper's Hide where actual snipers post.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

130 members (44mc, 2UP, 470Evans, 375TN, 35, 21, 16 invisible), 1,567 guests, and 994 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,956
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.