Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
I�ve been sleeping on the floor of my buddy�s dad�s fifth wheel for the past two hunting seasons (my only 2 seasons). Although it�s been nice going hunting, I�ve always felt �in the way� all the time. Well, the Brown Truck brought me a present to help with this� Davis Tent�s King�s Package with 4 windows, a Colorado door, screen door, 4 column internal frame, 8 foot porch �for the firewood and to cover the quad, fire retardant tarp for the fly, two cots, and a nice stove!

I'm still trying to figure out the best way to stake down the tarp for the porch... Any ideas?

Eventually I�ll have my brother and maybe my kids in here with me too for some hunts. For now, it�s just me. No more floor for me and this thing is huge! Lots of space for everything.
[img:left][Linked Image][/img]
[img:left][Linked Image][/img] [img:left][Linked Image][/img] [img:left][Linked Image][/img]

I would also like to thank those of you who answered the barrage of questions I asked before buying this tent!!!

Last edited by CumminsHunter; 09/24/10.

Remember: SAFETY FIRST................................................................................................then pull the trigger smile
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Wow George, you & Weezy really did move on up...........

All you need is a ceiling fan & an oil lamp.

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
George and Weezy? Hmmmmm. Not sure who they are.

Remember: SAFETY FIRST................................................................................................then pull the trigger smile
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
maybe the Johnson twins?...... get up the pics

C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
I don't know how to add pictures on here.... Help!

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
From the TV show------"The Jefferson's"

C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
Yeah, I'm 25, so that's why I didn't get it...

How do I post pictures on this forum?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Seriously, I think that's way cool. It's nice to have nice things.

To post pics most everyone uses www.photobucket.com

You are blessed. I am 52 and have never had such an opportunity to be on such expeditions. I'll be interested to see the pictures.

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
THERE YOU GO.... Pictures added!!!!

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Nice Wall tent !

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by frogman43
Nice Wall tent !

Thanks. Took a lot of time to get it just right before ordering... I'm very excited to use it.

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Cumminshunter:

One of the best things about canvas tents is that they breathe and are waterproof.

I think that you may discover that the tarp is not necessary. Depends on how good the waterproofing is in the canvas of the tent. In fact you may discover that the tarp makes it sweat and that without the tarp it will breathe better and not sweat. Once you get the chance to use it in field conditions maybe try it one night with the tarp and one night without the tarp. See what happens. The difference will be most pronounced when it's cold and/or there's snow on the roof of the tent.

Or maybe I'm not interpreting the photos correctly. Is the tarp built into the roof?

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
KC,

I have the tarp to protect the tent from burns from the wood stove... Since the picture, I have cut a stove jack hole in the tarp and cut some supports for the edge of the rainfly. I've heard that tarps need to be lifted off the tent to make it breath, so I have some poles to do that on each side - just not pictured.

I will however, not be using the tarp for when the stove is not in use (summer camping). Thanks for the tips.

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

CumminsHenter:

Several people have told me that lifting the tarp up off the roof works great and the slippery tarp lets snow slide off of the roof. I've never put a tarp on the roof of my tent and it works OK until the snow starts to melt. When that happens pools of water form at the bottom ridge line and we have to push up the tarp to drain the water.

Make sure that you put something fireproof around the stove jack or the hot stove pipe will burn the canvas. My stove jack is surrounded by asbestos cloth. I'm too old to die from asbestosis. But you're young so you might want to use something else. I doubt that you can even get asbestos cloth any longer.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
There's something around the stove jack already (see pictures above). As for the tarp, I just cut the hole extra large....

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Sweet set-up! Davis makes awesome tents!

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good to see your teddy bruin all ready to go...grin

Seriously though nice set up!

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
You will love it! We lived in one for a year and a half including two winters while we built our farm. Wife still misses it sometimes.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Wow! I really like it.

Camp is where you make it.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

383 members (163bc, 1936M71, 10ring1, 160user, 1badf350, 222Sako, 43 invisible), 10,946 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,343
Posts18,546,462
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.