Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S

Has anyone heard from him? I sent him a large chunk of maple, my NIB barreled action and a $750.00 deposit. I have been sending emails since July no reply. Should I be concerned?

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I sent him a check last Jan. 2010 for a stock, and it was cashed no responence to several e-mail and many phone message.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
two months with no replies.....yah, I'd call that a bad sign. nothing on his website to indicate he's sick or AWOL.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas
I have been sending emails since July no reply.

Have you tried picking up the phone and going "real time", rather than email?

Worst case, send a registered letter and see if it is accepted.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S

I left a few messages on his phone.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S

How many others have had problems with Claude?

If I don't get some action within the next week I'm going to the local DA. I have all correspondence between us and will send it to the DA. It's a small town so maybe I'll get some satisfaction.

www.paracay.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sounds like draw a line in the sand time - best of luck.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
A little while back someone posted a list of reputable stockmakers. This name was on that list. I posted that this name made the list suspect. Sitka Deer jumped in to defend Mr. Gatewood. Perhaps he will be along shortly to explain the difficulties.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm sure you had justification (or hope so), and it's always nice to get multiple perspectives. Perhaps there's justification, perhaps not.

I'd need a lot more info both ways to make a judgement.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mako25
I'm sure you had justification (or hope so), and it's always nice to get multiple perspectives. Perhaps there's justification, perhaps not.

I'd need a lot more info both ways to make a judgement.

No product, no contact since July?...justification? Unless the man's wife died and he fell into a bottle, there can't be much justification...just sayin.

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S

All considered he is sitting on about $2,000.00 of my assets. I am certainly willing to work with someone to resolve difficulties but with no response it is difficult.

www.paracay.com

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
This behavior dates back to about 2005. The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. Past instances can be found by Google. Search his name on homegunsmith.com.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eclectic
This behavior dates back to about 2005. The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. Past instances can be found by Google. Search his name on homegunsmith.com.

I guess you learned to do the Dick Tracy too late.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S

Case closed. Here is Claude's reply. I have asked him to return everything, including my deposit.

As far as I'm concerned the matter is closed once I get the stuff back. I'll let you know when it arrives.

Ok, should I send the fitted stock as well?
Sorry for the delay. I should stay on top of emails and phone calls, but its my attempt to try and get on top of the huge work load in house now. My apologies.
I ran one stock and there was a crack that showed up thru the wrist, I have photos of that, and I think I already sent photos of the cracked blank, I can resend those showing I had to take your blank from more or less the middle. I was able to get another blank from that slab where there weren't cracks. Its fitted now and I'm working in it with the rest of the work.
Your barreled action is safe and kept in a safe when I'm not using it.
Your huge slab has been reduced to not much (again those huge cracks ruined most of it) I will quit immediately and ship all if that is your request. Or I'll finish and ship, I wasn't going to charge extra for the extra work I encountered from this blank, while gorgeous, its essentially cost me about twice the labor. From running two stocks and discovering the hairline cracks after it was fitted, to having to band saw off an inch or more from the nearly 4" thick blank.
I thought there might be doubt, so I've taken pictures of the discards.
I guess please advise, I will gladly box whats left and ship all tomorrow if that is your desire.

www.paracay.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've had custom rifles made, and revolvers, that I've waited over three years for.

I knew going in, and yes, that's justification.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
This ain't the first time.
Butch

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No product, no contact since July?...justification?

I've got a large deposit on a custom knife, and haven't had contact in far longer a time than that - I knew going in that was the case, as such, I'm not concerned in the slightest.

If you've ever dealt with 'in demand' cutom work, it's pretty standard actually.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

Case closed. Here is Claude's reply. I have asked him to return everything, including my deposit.

As far as I'm concerned the matter is closed once I get the stuff back. I'll let you know when it arrives.

Ok, should I send the fitted stock as well?
Sorry for the delay. I should stay on top of emails and phone calls, but its my attempt to try and get on top of the huge work load in house now. My apologies.
I ran one stock and there was a crack that showed up thru the wrist, I have photos of that, and I think I already sent photos of the cracked blank, I can resend those showing I had to take your blank from more or less the middle. I was able to get another blank from that slab where there weren't cracks. Its fitted now and I'm working in it with the rest of the work.
Your barreled action is safe and kept in a safe when I'm not using it.
Your huge slab has been reduced to not much (again those huge cracks ruined most of it) I will quit immediately and ship all if that is your request. Or I'll finish and ship, I wasn't going to charge extra for the extra work I encountered from this blank, while gorgeous, its essentially cost me about twice the labor. From running two stocks and discovering the hairline cracks after it was fitted, to having to band saw off an inch or more from the nearly 4" thick blank.
I thought there might be doubt, so I've taken pictures of the discards.
I guess please advise, I will gladly box whats left and ship all tomorrow if that is your desire.

You are this far along into it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mako25
I've had custom rifles made, and revolvers, that I've waited over three years for.

I knew going in, and yes, that's justification.

It is justification for the delay, not so much so ignoring inquiries.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Whatever the hell that means. I did not get burned by him. I however was looking for someone to do a stock inlet and researched a few names first.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

94 members (7mm_Loco, 300_savage, 44automag, 450yukon, 21 invisible), 1,448 guests, and 1,027 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,211
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.