Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I heard that someone was making speed loaders for the Model 500. I was told that they were machined aluminum and about $25. Has anyone ever seen such? If so, where.

If the world didnt suck we would all fall off!
GB1

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I actually found them. This guy makes some sweet speedloaders. He makes them for any revolver including the judge,460, and 500. They are machined aluminum and are about $24.95 with $4 shipping. Not as cheap as the plastic ones but they look super nice. If anyone has interest i can send you the link.

Last edited by 8updeerhunter; 10/03/10.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I'm thinking if it takes more than one cylinder full from a 500 magnum, 6 more ain't going to get it done either. grin

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Amen Brother, amen.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
.500 S&W? Speed loader?

I don't care you you are, now THATS funny laugh

Sam......

IC B2

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I knew better than to post anything like that with all you know it all smart azzes out there that have nothing better to do than post comments that nobody cares to read.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Come on, they aren't that bad.

I would have to say that there just ain't that much interest for a speed loader for that combo. It's definitely not a CCW rig!

However, I am all about some improved parts and aluminum is better than plastic any day...post the link. I am sure there is more than one of us that could appreciate the guy's products.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by the_shootist
I'm thinking if it takes more than one cylinder full from a 500 magnum, 6 more ain't going to get it done either. grin
5 more. They only hold 5. But I agree with the concept. smile

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by 8updeerhunter
I knew better than to post anything like that with all you know it all smart azzes out there that have nothing better to do than post comments that nobody cares to read.

I'm a .500 guy and thought the quips were kinda funny. You gotta admit that when most people are thinking about the "normal" use for a speed loader it seems a wee bit incongruent applied to a .500, right?

Might be a pretty convenient way to carry an extra cylinder of ammo around in your coat pocket if nothing else. Kinda fun to think about having few lunatics in a 10 shot speed event. Ammo would be pretty expensive to do that much though with .500's, even when reloading.

If there's one thing I've become certain of it's that there's too much certainty in the world.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
.500 S&W? Speed loader?

I don't care you you are, now THATS funny laugh

You REALY feel the need for five More fast shots!

Won't the blast from the first five do the job?
LOL

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
IC B3

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Im just giving the crap back. yes, I know that the 500 should take out any damn thing with the first 5 shots. My point is that its easier to carry extra rounds for it with a speedloader. Any fool should know that the use of a speedloader for its real purpose is a joke on this gun. How damn many people carry speedloaders for the 44mag? What will 6 shots from a 44mag not stop most times either but I guess its ok because Dirty Harry toted three extra with his 29. Maybe there will be a new movie where he totes a 500 with an extra speedloader or two and it will be ok. How many people carry extra rounds for their 300mag or whatever magnum rifle while hunting? how many shots do you need with that? Or why do the guys with the double rifle have a real nice cartridge belt with extra rounds in it? Wont a damn 416 stop a buff if hit twice in the brain? When did size of gun dictate whether or not we carry extra ammunition? Im hoping Im not sounding mad here but hell, I dont see the big deal about wanting to carry extra ammo easily for a wheel gun that holds 5 rounds.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Want some cheese with that whine?

[Linked Image]

Last edited by VAnimrod; 10/04/10.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
You turd heads crack me up!! Sorry to bother you guys with a stupid post. It wont happen again. Hope you guys have a great afternoon. Either way,I hope we can still be "friends."

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Just joshin' ya
I'd help you search but my Big Brother watchdogs won't let me go to WEAPONS ! sites

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Im just giving the crap back. yes, I know that the 500 should take out any damn thing with the first 5 shots. My point is that its easier to carry extra rounds for it with a speedloader. Any fool should know that the use of a speedloader for its real purpose is a joke on this gun. How damn many people carry speedloaders for the 44mag? What will 6 shots from a 44mag not stop most times either but I guess its ok because Dirty Harry toted three extra with his 29. Maybe there will be a new movie where he totes a 500 with an extra speedloader or two and it will be ok. How many people carry extra rounds for their 300mag or whatever magnum rifle while hunting? how many shots do you need with that? Or why do the guys with the double rifle have a real nice cartridge belt with extra rounds in it? Wont a damn 416 stop a buff if hit twice in the brain? When did size of gun dictate whether or not we carry extra ammunition? Im hoping Im not sounding mad here but hell, I dont see the big deal about wanting to carry extra ammo easily for a wheel gun that holds 5 rounds.

Easy man, I myself pointed out the use of a SL for carrying extra cartridges. As I also noted in my post "speed loader" doesn't generally seem to associate well with .500's. Detective Callahan didn't carry speed loaders because he needed multiple shots to put down bad guys, he just often had more than one bad guy. As for a .300 hunting rifle, the question isn't why carry more ammo but how fast do you need it reloaded? "Extra ammo" and having to reload in a hurry can in fact be mutually exclusive issues.

As for African double rifles one .416 to the brain is certainly plenty. What if you don't manage to hit the brain? Some critters have a nasty habit of not being sorted out in one or even two shots, and that's not even counting if you flat out miss. And again, even if you are killing everything with one shot, what's wrong with carrying more ammo if you plan on shooting more than one animal? (not uncommon in Africa)

The size of the gun issue vs "extra ammunition" isn't the point. Feeling a need for it to be in a speed loader is another matter. It's an application issue. I can think of precious few circumstances where I'd be expecting to fire more than a couple or three shots at a time and still be carrying the .500. Is there something wrong with the idea? Hell no! I may even get one just for giggles. Might have to see if I can channel my inner Jerry Miculek with a .500. (or not)

It's all good man, don't get thin skinned around here. I kid you not there are people I know are friends that post comments to each other where you'd swear they'd kill each other if they ever met. It's just an internet forum.

Last edited by guyandarifle; 10/04/10.

If there's one thing I've become certain of it's that there's too much certainty in the world.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I did think some of the responses were funny. However, to each his own. I will say that I could use such a thing on my single-shot 500 S&W Handi-rifle. I know there are neoprene ammo holders that go around the rifle buttstock but I've had a couple of bad experience with them (ie, I've lost ammo from these and have, thus, lost my confidence in them).

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Nah..its all good, no big deal. I dont want folks on here to dislike me because I come across as an azz. I dont care if you guys poke at me at times and ill admit it sounds like a silly idea to most people but I have my reasons for wanting something like that. I think its a bad idea to carry a .22 for self defense but a lot of guys do. its just one of those things, and like I said before I hope Im not coming across wrong and we can still get along. Sorry if I have offended anyone, that was not my intention.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
http://www.5starfirearms.com/index.html

Check it out anyway if even just for giggles. These things are pretty darn sweet.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nah..its all good, no big deal. I dont want folks on here to dislike me because I come across as an azz. I dont care if you guys poke at me at times and ill admit it sounds like a silly idea to most people but I have my reasons for wanting something like that. I think its a bad idea to carry a .22 for self defense but a lot of guys do. its just one of those things, and like I said before I hope Im not coming across wrong and we can still get along. Sorry if I have offended anyone, that was not my intention.

No offense to me, and I was just funnin' anyway, in a serious way. I believe I would carry extras in an "Ammo Wallet" or have a belt slide that held say 10 as to not bulge my pockets. Extra ammo is ALWAYS better than not enough. I still carried "Speed Strips" for my service revolver after the "Speed Loaders" came out as they were far less bulky. But then I do tend to march to my own drummer a LOT.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Look like pretty good quality products, if a fella really felt the "need for speed." laugh Ease up there, 8up. wink

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

117 members (2ndwind, 99Ozarks, 10gaugemag, 673, 907brass, 16 invisible), 1,665 guests, and 990 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,117
Posts18,483,482
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.