-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 494 of 1,842 1 2 492 493 494 495 496 1841 1842
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
beets are all shut down because of heat, might have been a grain truck though. I know a lot of guys are taking out soybeans because they are shut down for beets

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tzone
I just had the strangest job interview of my life. It was over the phone, which is not weird, quite normal, but the woman interviewing me seemed to know more about me than I did. I'm not sure how I feel about that?

There is what's known as the "hidden internet" that Google and other search engines do not access. There are search algorithms such as bigdrift mentioned that do. These are a paid subscription service that many company HR departments utilize.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I drove down to the pits myself and asked some questions. One driver we talked to used to be married to my cousin. When I asked him about it he was like "oh heck ya we know about it...er...oh wait...was it your car??"

Yep

"oh well ah...I don't know who it was or anything...just...uh..seen the car parts all over the road"

So we drive up to the scale shack and ask the lady working. She happens to go to our church. She acted pretty fishy too until Karen took her sunglasses off and then she recognized her. She told us the radio chatter she had been hearing pointed the finger at a business out of grand forks that is running trucks down here. Said the guy never came back and never came back. Then she heard he was at the tire store. She gave us his name and truck number. I called the trooper and told him what I found out. He went to follow up and called me back. He got a hold of the company's safety officer who then called me. Conicidently it was a guy I graduated from high school with whom I really haven't seen since. Sounds like they are going to take care of it.

Just glad Karen is in one piece.

*Edit* I graduated with the safety officer not the truck driver.

Last edited by Rooster7; 10/11/10.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
well thats good news they are taking care of it, whats gonna happen to the driver who fried to cover it up? I suppose they can't disclose that info. pretty chitty for everyone to try to cover it up. I know I woulda been more and more pissed as the day went and people kept trying to buffalo me. at least you got it handled, and you probably have grounds to go after them further, or at least see to it that the driver gets hit with leaving the scene of an accident.

either way glad its been sorted out somewhat

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Tell Karen we are very happy she wasn't hurt.

Something clever here.

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
good work rooster. I'm just glad she's alright. Get home and relax if you can.

I got The Beast on ice, wings in the sauce, chips in the bowl, just waitin' for a V-I-K-I-N-G-S whippin' of them clowns in NY.

Camp is where you make it.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Ryan technically it is considered obstruction however Rooster isnt a LEO. That said if they dont cooperate with the LEO's then they can and probably will be charged.

It is a simple matter of recovering the tire, matching the treads and wear patterns, getting a statement from the dispatcher, as well as the tire company, then the truck companies logs and statements, and safety records as well as a statement from the suspect.

Then most likely the driver will get is leaving the scene of an accident, which he will probably argue that he did not know there was an accident until he arrived at his destination where all he was aware of was that he lost a tire.

Hopefully someone will get a statement regarding the statements overheard on the airwaves and that may put the nails in deeper.

Good luck Rooster and glad to hear Special K is alright.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Holy Wow. That could have been bad! Glad Karen is OK. Who was the officer you graduated with?

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I don't know that this driver even knew he lost the tire. Only he knows that. What I do know is there are tons and tons of gravel trucks running out of these pits and they all were talking on their radios about how messed up the car was from that tire. This guy must have been the only one with out a radio. confused

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I know it can't be obstruction, but still gets under my skin when people try to cover things up like that.

bottom line is your wife is OK. but that driver should get his hide tanned over that one.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My "Camp Chickenbuck" hat went hunting with me for the first time yesterday.It was the first day of gun season in upstate South Carolina and my neighbor,my gunsmith and I went to a new to us piece of property that is very deery looking.The gunsmith killed a really prime looking two year old(estimated)six pointer.It was a good start for the new season.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Awesome Stan, the weather, or forcast anyways is starting to show signs of the change we need for a crispy cool deer season.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Our weather is still hot. 70's today, high 60's the rest of the week. At least down here. It's wierd to have most of the leaves falling and be 80* like it was yesterday.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'm Jelous Stan. I need to get out deer hunting.

I shot some grouse last weekend, so that helped a bit. I need a few more to make a soup or hot dish of some kind.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Meaner Numero Uno checking in. Countdown is 16 hours until takeoff. And yes, the last few days have been torturistic. Starting tomorrow, I am wapiti bound!! Wahoooooooo!!!! grin grin grin

Stan, we need to see pics of that Chickenbuck hat in action!

Any luck on the duckaroos Ryan?

I am glad THAT interview was the weirdest one you ever had Tzone....

Fall is great folks, take time to smell the leaves and enjoy it!!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Meaner, I was a-skeert we'd hear from you soon. grin

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Berettaman

I am glad THAT interview was the weirdest one you ever had Tzone....

grin

After I thought about it, it wasn't so much wierd as she was very, very prepared. Some of the things I thought were wierd were because I'm from the area, and her interview was probably a template. It was fine.

Good luck on your Wapati.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
no ducks yet for myself, we're starting hauling beets again tonight so I'll be tuckered the next few days and not go, I haven't even bought my license yet. I'm trying to talk my dad into sending me his remington 1100, I'm still without a shotgun but I can borrow one from a buddy if need be

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Should have said something when you were up Ryan. My 3" 870 (12) just collects dust.

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well dad, mom, and I are going to go scope shopping for me tomorrow. We are going to Scheels. Any last suggestions on what I should get?

I have been looking at range finders also. I don't want to spend a whole lot of money. I think I have it narrowed down to 2.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
Page 494 of 1,842 1 2 492 493 494 495 496 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 222Sako, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 67 invisible), 2,438 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,450
Posts18,489,657
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.