Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thank you!

A small victory, but a victory none-the-less.

Excellent post.

GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by BrentD
Well, legal or illegal, seems like most folks that get shot accidentally are in or around their vehicles. Loaded guns on car seats and tail gates are jumped on by dogs or tugged by jackets and folks get shot. Leaning against fenders and bumpers, they fall over and seem to go off occasionally. Nit picking is still nit picking but loaded guns around vehicles seem to be when they are most dangerous to the unintended.

Citation?

You are pulling this crap out of your bung.

Looking at the 2007 Hunting accident reports, there wasn't a single accident involving vehicles in firearms.
http://dnr.wi.gov/org/es/enforcement/safety/huntstats.htm

Looking at 2009 incidents in WI, there appears to have been 1 firearm incident involving a vehicle. Yet, the WI DNR wrote more tickets for vehicle related infractions that anything else.

A little suggestion for the future. When you post, use the preview post button and if you see you've used the word seems (especially when you use it 3 times) in your writing, you might want to reconsider the content.

I don't pay a lot of attention to individual posters, but your BS is pretty hard to ignore. Similar to your asinine tagline RE shooting a cow. Another topic which you know nothing of.

Montana MOFO
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mako25
Washington State is an Open Carry State so the Game Wardens can't do anything to you if you open carry or have a CCW and you have a loaded handgun in the vehicle.

Man, have you got me thinkin'!

Mako - The above statement has been tested by myself as I do have a CCW and by a hunting partner as he had a Ruger Single Action 44 mag sitting on the dash of his pickup and he didn't have a CCW. We both stated the reason for carry was for self protection not hunting.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by W7ACT
Originally Posted by Mako25
Washington State is an Open Carry State so the Game Wardens can't do anything to you if you open carry or have a CCW and you have a loaded handgun in the vehicle.

Man, have you got me thinkin'!

Mako - The above statement has been tested by myself as I do have a CCW and by a hunting partner as he had a Ruger Single Action 44 mag sitting on the dash of his pickup and he didn't have a CCW. We both stated the reason for carry was for self protection not hunting.
That won't work in TAX HELL WISCONSIN, even though we have open carry.. If it's 'on the dash' you'll get busted, pure and simple.. I thought otherwise too until I ran it by the NRA atty AND a female DNR warden..

Can't even carry openly while on your ATV ON YOUR OWN LAND..

I'm surprised they haven't revoked the Second Amendment in this state.. I'm sure Risser (D-WI), et al, have been mightily tryin'..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Can't even carry openly while on your ATV ON YOUR OWN LAND..

If I remember correctly, that happened to a land owner who confronted the DNR on his land, right? It makes me think again about the double-standard when it comes to open carry in WI. Regular folks get charged with Disorderly Conduct for open carry while eating a burger, yet an armoured car driver can open carry a gun into most buildings and not get charged. Neat.
Here's my question: the armoured car driver can DRIVE with his gun on the hip, and get away with it. How is that possible?

Have an A1 Day!
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Tarkio
I don't pay a lot of attention to individual posters, but your BS is pretty hard to ignore. Similar to your asinine tagline RE shooting a cow. Another topic which you know nothing of.

Well please do exercise the "ignore" feature. That is why it is there.

If you need a step-by-step tutorial. Just PM me and I'll work it out for ya.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

[Linked Image]

Have an A1 Day!
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
You'd be kinda cute if you could quit making those faces CC wink

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Beltrami
No they don't. There is not a separate Constitution for Wardens. You need to stop believing all the bs stories you hear about Wardens busting down doors whenever where ever they want. That's what is horseschitt.

Come on to Virginia and find out for yourself. They search and confiscate with no warrants, give speeding tickets, DUI's and even hide out in ghillie suits (with the gay call sign "Ninja") waiting for someone to walk by a pile of corn with a gun so they can fine you for baiting. Even more disturbing, if you do not have tags on your mounts, they can come in, confiscate them and you will never get them back. Why, because the judges don't know the game laws well enough to give a proper decision.

So yeah, I say your statement is horseshit. No cop is going to bust into my house and confiscate schitt with out some kind of paperwork. I have never met a cop who enjoys [bleep] with people as much as a game warden who has the power to do it. [bleep] headed one here even tried to fine me for speeding in my own driveway.

Last edited by KSMITH; 10/12/10.

-Piss into the wind.
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Tarkio

I, and I'm sure many others here, note that you did not deal with the substance of my post which was the fact that you pulled your earlier statement out of your bum.

You made your statement supporting government enacting laws for our own good with regard to having a firearm loaded in or around a vehicle because, according to you:

"...loaded guns around vehicles seem to be when they are most dangerous to the unintended."

I asked for a citation to support your position and offered a couple citations that would tend to disprove your point.

What did I get from you? A childish response about the ignore feature. No facts. No rebuttal. No nothing but sophomoric crap.

If you want to blow smoke and act important and condescend to us mere mortals, write a blog. If you post here and pull crap out of the blue to support your personal agenda, then you better put on your big boy pants because you are going to get called on your BS.

Once again, you don't know what you are talking about here. Nor do you know what you're talking about with reference to your tagline. As an example, your avatar is a picture of a steer, not a cow as your tagline states.

Montana MOFO
IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
after reading this entire thread, I can only see one thing that could possibly help out the situation in WI, especially when it comes to the thing about firearms on your ATV, on your own property (and the open carry issues).
Wisconsin needs a serious ass-kicking, in a high court, where someone redefines to them that the only law of the land required for firearms is the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution. Until someone takes it to this level, DNR, Sheriff's Police, et al., will continue to have their way. Problem is, no one will, especially given the time and money required to take a city or state government in a lawsuit to court that far.
Illinois needs it too, and it will never happen, although the recent McDonald vs. Chicago case helped.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
cry cry cry cry cry Oh waaaahhhh ! cry cry cry cry cry

And yes, I know the difference between steer and "cow" but it sounds so much better. The photo was simply what was handy. But I see you love the nitpikin' details. So, I'll leave you to cry a few more rivers. I won't be looking up references for you. Not my job. And certainly, I don't have a [bleep] agenda about this issue - how stupid are you?

Meanwhile, the offer to help you put me on ignore still stands. I am not sure you are capable without assistance.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Well, legal or illegal, seems like most folks that get shot accidentally are in or around their vehicles. Loaded guns on car seats and tail gates are jumped on by dogs or tugged by jackets and folks get shot. Leaning against fenders and bumpers, they fall over and seem to go off occasionally. Nit picking is still nit picking but loaded guns around vehicles seem to be when they are most dangerous to the unintended.

I would have to agree with Brent in this regard as I have witnessed some of the accidents he is referring to. However, I would be curious to see a comparision of accident rates of states that allow loaded, uncased guns on or in vehicles versus states that disallow it.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mathman
Not that I'd ever set foot in Wisconsin, but if I do I'll make sure I have room in the blind for an attorney. I wouldn't want to scratch my sack in an illegal manner.

Geez!, mathman as my signature states....you are welcome at my fire anytime. grin

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Given that the overall numbers of gun related accidents while hunting are probably pretty low, I'd bet that any meaningful comparison between states would be next to impossible.

It would be like comparing random noise.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oregon... We can carry loaded arms in our rigs and boats. Good idea? Probably not. Legal? Yes.

I'd agree that firearms accidents are more likely near rigs, simply because that's were groups of hunters are most likely to be manipulating actions and ammo.

Loaded firearms (outside of CCW) are not allowed on any sort of ATV. If riding an ATV, ones detachable clip/mag must also be empty.

1Minute
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

I'd dig out a few 'tank' traps at appropriate places....
mad

Originally Posted by tzone
First, I think I'd start locking my gate.

Do you have any pictures of the damage that was done to your property? That is a good place to start.

The way they (WI DNR) acts, is exactly why I'm not spending a dime in thier dam state again for hunting and fishing.

I would also try to take pics and lock gates up (without causing yourself too much inconvenience .....

But this being the "political season ..... " Why not let your congress critter know or state representative know you're being abused by beaurocrats!!??

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Same story, second year, driving across pasture, I would be talking to the area supervisor.

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by 1minute
Oregon... We can carry loaded arms in our rigs and boats. Good idea? Probably not. Legal? Yes.

I'd agree that firearms accidents are more likely near rigs, simply because that's were groups of hunters are most likely to be manipulating actions and ammo.

Loaded firearms (outside of CCW) are not allowed on any sort of ATV. If riding an ATV, ones detachable clip/mag must also be empty.

Careful now. Don't go agreein' with me without a pile of serious citations of fully refereed studies. Elsewise, ol' Tarkio will be going ballistic on ya.... smile

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
I can attest to the poor attitudes of the DNR in WI. I will say, though, most of the grumps and wiseazzes are usually the older wardens. Old school, I guess. One in particular comes to mind, and everyone hates the guy. He may have retired, but I'm not sure. We would be so lucky.

Anyway, the gun against the truck ticket is very similar to the bow against the truck ticket. Someone in our archery group got one by simply leaning his bow against the truck when returning from hunting. It is a no-no in WI, and is an easy automatic ticket if they want to hassle you.

Hopefully, the recent events in Madison with the open carry individuals and the Madison cops will bear fruit for us in WI with regards to the way LEO treat law abiding gun owners. Lets keep our fingers crossed. That, and I'm going to send a donation to help defend these people. The snowball has been kicked off of the hill. Lets hope it runs them over.

Last edited by WI_Canner; 10/12/10.
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

419 members (1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 16gage, 10ring1, 42 invisible), 2,707 guests, and 1,128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,757
Posts18,514,859
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.