Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
MD,

I stand corrected..I had spoke to him but hadn't been on the site for a while. I do like his system on a hunting rifle that has the potential to be used for fairly long ranges. I was going to sell my .300 ULTRA as it is kinda heavy and not really conducive for the type of hunting I have been doing latley..but on second thought it would come in handy for pick up truck type deals where the truck is doing most of the carrying. As I get older this option is looking better every day. The ART reticle would work well on this rifle.

Lefty C

GB1

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Yeah, that would be a good match!

I just out an ART Leupold on a Weatherby Mark V Sporter in .270 Weatherby. The rifle weighs 9-1/2 with the scope, but then again I don't plan on carrying it up and down too many mountains!

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Does anyone else besides Huskemaw offer a reticle with only hash marks for windage adjustments?

C
C
Originally Posted by pointer
Does anyone else besides Huskemaw offer a reticle with only hash marks for windage adjustments?

You might check out John Burn's reticle that he has on a Leupold. www.greybullprecision.com

D
D
Back to the huskemaw!!! I am not a guru, expert hunter, sniper, or anything like that. I do own a huskemaw and I like it. Did I pay too much? Maybe, I don't care I like it.

For those of you who are interested in getting one, notice that most people who own them, like them. I have not found many negative reviews from people who have bought them and used the scope themselves.

My $.02

jb

IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I do not own one. I looked at them, but did not buy one. So it would be ludicrous for me to try and give a review on something I do not, nor have owned. Alot of people have opinions on the Huskemaw, with no personal use. So their opinion should be worth what you paid for it, nothing.

Here is my opinion of all the "trade name" scopes. And that includes Huskemaw, NightForce, Vortex, and many more.

They are trade name only scopes. Mostly manufactured if not completely manufactured over seas. Maybe a little assembly here, but not much, mostly an overseas product.

I have been in sales all my life. And my favorite products to sell are trade name products. And the reason for that is profit. Trade name products have the highest profit margin. It really is that simple.

They all say they will sell only for retail price. But Vortex is already discounting a bunch of their product. Midway has discounted NF, and it is just a matter of time for Huskemaw to have sale prices also.

They are all trade name products and a life time warranty on a trade name product is WORTHLESS. I can name several trade name companies that offered lifetime warranties on optics that just changed the name, or closed the front door. And the three listed above will do that in the future. Just wait and you will see.

So my opinion about all three of the lines mentioned above is that they could sell the same product for at least 30% less and still make a profit. That is why I will not buy any of the three. And I really do believe all three of their warranties will be worthless in ten years or less. So who's lifetime are we talking about??

I am not saying not to buy these products. I am only saying that down the road their value will go down, because their price will go down. And I really do believe a lifetime warranty from them is worthless. I have seen it too many times in sales. Tom.

West By God Virginia
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by HOGGHEAD
.Here is my opinion of all the "trade name" scopes. And that includes NightForce.

I can name several trade name companies that offered lifetime warranties on optics that just changed the name, or closed the front door. And the three listed above will do that in the future. Just wait and you will see. Tom.

You're kidding, right? Nightforce is going to change their name, or close the door? Somehow, I don't think so...

Originally Posted by archie_james_c
I should have just
bought a [bleep] T3...

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
He doesn't install any of them, it is my understanding from talking to Leupold and others, that they do it themselves. Leupold told me that if I want to design a reticle, they will manufacture it and install it for me too (for about $10,000 initial fee).

A few years ago I wanted a reticle that let me shoot out to 1000 yds. After serious discussions with a couple of engineers at both Leupold and Swarovski, I felt that it was the consensus feeling in the industry that much over 500-600 yds required too much input to rely on the coarse adjustments available simply by a reticle. I have never seen a 1000 yd competition shooter (that is competitive) yet that didn't have turrets and use them!

Maybe I am just too old fashioned but I would have to "see" to believe.

NO NO NO... you are wrong... what you are missing is a turret that has 20 moa in one rev and 1/3 moa clicks.... THEN you would be a good shooter... grins... Never seen that turrets and clicking has failed me so far in this life such that I'd need some other system. Much the same having turrets marked in yards instead of another measurement. But alas I'm not the best shot..

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by yukonal
.Here is my opinion of all the "trade name" scopes. And that includes NightForce.

I can name several trade name companies that offered lifetime warranties on optics that just changed the name, or closed the front door. And the three listed above will do that in the future. Just wait and you will see. Tom.

You're kidding, right? Nightforce is going to change their name, or close the door? Somehow, I don't think so...

What makes you think NF is so special?? They are a specialized high end market scope. Heck if Leupold got their act back together NF would go out of business overnight. NF is a very small company, that does a limited amount of business. I would bet that 95% or more of the scope buyers have never even ever heard of them.

So ya they could go out of business. Or easily be forced to discount their scope 30% or 40% very easily. Tom.

West By God Virginia
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

What makes you think NF is so special?? They are a specialized high end market scope. Heck if Leupold got their act back together NF would go out of business overnight. NF is a very small company, that does a limited amount of business. I would bet that 95% or more of the scope buyers have never even ever heard of them.

So ya they could go out of business. Or easily be forced to discount their scope 30% or 40% very easily. Tom.
I would not say there small HogHead, seems 8 out of 10 rifles I see on Sniperhide & Long range hunting is carrying a NightForce. They must be doing something right IMO.

IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by slg888

I would not say there small HogHead, seems 8 out of 10 rifles I see on Sniperhide & Long range hunting is carrying a NightForce. They must be doing something right IMO.

Sorry but first of all I am not believing that. I doubt if 1 or 2---out of every 10 members on either of those two forums has a NF. And even if every single person on those two forums had one. How many do you think that would be?? Not very many. The internet forums are a very minute amount of the hunters and shooters out there. I still stand by my statement that probbaly 95% of all the shooters have never even heard of the company.

No way to prove it but I would be willing to bet that for every one NF owned by members of those two forums that there are 20 or 30 or more Leupold's owned. Tom.

Get real. How many people does the average guy know who spends $1500 or more on one scope. Very Very Very few. Tom.

West By God Virginia
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I just checked some numbers. Heck SH has 43,000 total members. Lordy PA alone has 1,000,000 rifle hunters for deer alone, not counting other firearms for other hunting and shooting sports. The amount of members on the two forums you mentioned is so minuscule that it is almost not worth even mentioning in the "real world". Tom.

West By God Virginia
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

467 members (1eyedmule, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 55 invisible), 2,678 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,491
Posts18,471,985
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.