Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I typically shy away from stuff like this, but I believe this one is worth your attention. I truly appreciate your support on this.

Just a preface: I know the type of people that you are, and have seen your generosity and support in spades when a kid needed a hunting rifle, or some binoculars, and I thought I would give this a shot. Not to mention that I also believe that these knives are very good quality, and backed by a superb warranty. wink

I'm just finishing up my business degree this year, and one of my classes is a sales management class. The professor thought that there is no better way to teach sales than to have us go out and try selling. He wanted us to sell a top-quality product so that we would sell value, not just rock-bottom prices. He decided to have us sell Cutco knives. shocked

Here are a few options. They are $99 plus shipping (probably about $20 from Canada to the US), and are available in blaze orange or black, drop point or clip point, and straight edge or Cutco's Double-D edge (different from a serrated edge). There are other hunting knife styles available, as well as a length-adjustable, removable-blade fishing fillet knife.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The course program is called Selling Smiles 101, which you may have heard of before. The catch is that we don't keep any of the money that we make through sales. The professor has established a relationship with the Children's Wish Foundation, and they have selected a child named Kyatt, who has cerebral palsy, and all the proceeds from our sales will go towards fulfilling his wish, which is for him and his family (of 9 children) to go on a family holiday together.

[Linked Image]

Now, I have a couple of samples of these hunting knives in my possession, and I'm carrying them with me while hunting this season. Here is what I have noticed:

- they feel good and grippy in the hand
- they seem to be made of top quality materials (440A "surgical grade" steel)
- they have a LIFETIME warranty.

If they get dull, a nearby Cutco sales rep will come to your home and sharpen them for you. If there isn't a rep nearby, you can send it in and they will sharpen it for you. If it breaks or chips or whatever, while being used in the manner for which it was designed, it will be replaced. The knives have gotten really good reports from the hunters testimonials that I have read on these forums and others.

[Linked Image]

I would really appreciate any support you can offer. Thanks guys! Let me know if you have any questions, and I will do my best to get some answers. Thanks for taking the time, and sorry for any inconvenience that I may have caused.

Jordan

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have one with an orange handle and the double d (serrated type edge). Love it for taking apart moose. Have done close to a dozen with it plus several elk, deer and antelope. I have never had it resharpened. Where do we order, just send you a PM?

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah, a PM would be great. Just to clarify the ordering process a bit, I place all the orders with my professor, then the knives are delivered to me, then I can ship them out to you. I have to pay $99 plus about $8 per knife to get them to my door. I also have to pay 5% tax on that. So my cost on these is about $112.35 in CDN dollars, so about $110US. I'm hoping that shipping to you from me should be around $8-15, depending on where you live. That is the breakdown, and it's how I came up with $99 plus about $20 in shipping.

Let me know if there are any other questions! Thanks guys.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I'll chime in here and say that I have the black handled drop point knife (5718). It is my favorite factory made knife from among MANY that I haev acquired over the years. The price here is a few bucks more than Cutco offers it at but for a good cause it's probably worth it.

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37, verse 4.

"The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt." Proverbs 12:27
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Just to clarify the ordering process a bit, I place all the orders with my professor, then the knives are delivered to me, then I can ship them out to you. I have to pay $99 plus about $8 per knife to get them to my door. I also have to pay 5% tax on that. So my cost on these is about $112.35 in CDN dollars, so about $110US. I'm hoping that shipping to you from me should be around $8-15, depending on where you live. That is the breakdown, and it's how I came up with $99 plus about $20 in shipping.

It would probably help if you could arrange direct shipping.

It would eliminate double shipping charges, tax, etc.

Ask your professor about reducing needless charges, and how that would help sales, and see what he says. wink

IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
They are $99 plus shipping (probably about $20 from Canada to the US),...

So my cost on these is about $112.35 in CDN dollars, so about $110US. I'm hoping that shipping to you from me should be around $8-15, depending on where you live. That is the breakdown, and it's how I came up with $99 plus about $20 in shipping.

Another point...

They're not really $99 plus shipping.

According to your own breakdown, they are costing you $110 USD, with a possibility of up to another $15 USD shipping.

What if somebody is in WA state, and shipping is more like your $8 figure? Are you going to sell at $99 plus $8? You'd be getting $107 for a knife that cost you $110, and you STILL have to get it shipped out.

That would mean you are actually subsidizing each sale, and taking money out of your pocket to seal the deal.

Not a long prosperous future in sales at that rate. shocked

I'm not picking on you or flaming you, as I believe your heart is in the right place, and intentions are good, but you need to at least cover expenses!

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I have spoken with him about direct shipping, but the problem is that it's a Canadian program and course, so they are only able to ship to addresses within Canada (which is why I'm having them delivered to me). Then I can ship them wherever I want.

Just for the heck of it, I will talk with him a little more seriously about this.

Just FYI, I want to be very clear that I'm not going to make a penny off of these sales. If I can figure out a way to eliminate any of the fees or lower the cost, the savings will go directly to you and you will pay less than what I've posted here.

Thanks again, guys.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ColdBore
They are $99 plus shipping (probably about $20 from Canada to the US),...

So my cost on these is about $112.35 in CDN dollars, so about $110US. I'm hoping that shipping to you from me should be around $8-15, depending on where you live. That is the breakdown, and it's how I came up with $99 plus about $20 in shipping.

Another point...

They're not really $99 plus shipping.

According to your own breakdown, they are costing you $110 USD, with a possibility of up to another $15 USD shipping.

What if somebody is in WA state, and shipping is more like your $8 figure? Are you going to sell at $99 plus $8? You'd be getting $107 for a knife that cost you $110, and you STILL have to get it shipped out.

That would mean you are actually subsidizing each sale, and taking money out of your pocket to seal the deal.

Not a long prosperous future in sales at that rate. shocked

I'm not picking on you or flaming you, as I believe your heart is in the right place, and intentions are good, but you need to at least cover expenses!

Thanks for pointing that out. I phrased it that way in order to simplify the breakdown. That's why I said that the price is $99 plus somewhere around $20 for shipping (could be $15, or it could be $25). wink Total cost ends up being the same, either way you look at it. The knives are going to be roughly $120 shipped, plus or minus a few bucks.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Can you put up a link to all the styles available in the program?

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'll take one. PM inbound.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Hey guys,

Thanks for all the support so far! I really appreciate the kind words I've received in PM's, and the help that you guys are sending for Kyatt, and for the program.

Here is a link to Cutco's product offerings. We are selling the entire lineup, so let me know if something else catches your eye.

Cutco products

Thanks
Jordan

Kingthing0307, PM coming your way wink

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have 2 of the hunting knives already and they ROCK! We have at least 25 Cutco knives in the kitchen and they are without a doubt the best kitchen knives we have ever used. Great cause here!

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
bump

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I also posted this on the Hunter's campfire:

Thanks for the endorsements, guys! Within 30 minutes of posting this listing, 5 knives were already sold!

I want to publicly thank all those who have purchased a knife/knives, as well as those who have given support via comments. Please let me know if you are interested in supporting the cause.

Thanks
Jordan

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
PRICING UPDATE: Hey guys, I just spoke with my professor and with the Cutco manager, and I believe I can resolve the issues that have been brought up here.

- I can offer you 20% off of the price of any and all products.
- I can offer you free shipping from Canada to you in the US. You will only pay the $8 per knife shipping fee to get it from Cutco to me.

Example: $99 knife, 20% off = $79.20 plus $8 shipping = $87.20 plus local tax 5% = $91.56 total, shipped to your door.

To the many of you who have already placed orders, don't worry, you will get 20% off the price of your knives, too. wink

If you would like to be extra charitable towards this cause, we will still accept full price on all orders if you'd like to pay it grin

Thanks a bunch, guys. You've been awesome so far!

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Bump, just because it deserves it.

How long is this going on?

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thank you, sir!

The program runs all semester, so I think it ends sometime in December.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
bump!

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
ttt

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks for all the orders so far! Let me know if you have any questions!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (22kHornet, 1badf350, 1lesfox, 007FJ, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 53 invisible), 2,239 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,347
Posts18,506,203
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.