-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
My girlfriend and I drove to my parents house friday morning. We took my little sister out friday evening to see if we could find her a doe. As luck would have it, the only deer that came out within reasonable distance was a little spike. She didnt want to use her buck tag for it. My girlfriend and I woke up early saturday morning and got to our spot and sat against a big cottonwood tree. Had a few does out in front of us in the stubble field but didnt want to ruin a chance for a buck by shooting a doe. Only buck we saw was a little fork horn that walked about 10 yards in front of us. She thought it was pretty cool that he came that close. Saturday evening we took my little sister back out to find a doe. I got a text from my younger brother that he had just shot a monster buck in another part of the property. So we made our way over to see what he shot and it turned out to be a little basket rack 4x4. Not a bad whitetail but nothing special. After he shot the buck, my youngest brother got a good rest and took a doe from about 550 yards with his 7mm-300 Weatherby with 160gr Accubonds. At 15 years old, this kid can shoot! Saw him take a Mule deer buck at 647 yards a couple years ago with the same rifle. After checking out their kills, we went back to our area and there were a few does way out in the stubble field. There was no way we were goin to get a shot from where they were at in the field so we just took off walking through the field right towards them. We would walk when they had their heads down feeding and stop when they looked up. We got within 250 yards of the does, and set up my 12 year old sister. She settled in on the shooting sticks and fired off a shot at a big doe. She missed right under the doe's belly. We told her it was ok and that everyone misses every once in a while. She took it suprisingly well. I was proud of her. We went back out this morning and jumped 7 decent little bucks out of their beds but nothing my girlfriend or I wanted to shoot. All in all we had an awesome weekend and planning on going back home next weekend.

Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Sounds like a good time had by all. That's what hunting is all about.

I'm Kev

<---He's Grady. Australian Shepherd... aka. Super-G.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 63 invisible), 2,483 guests, and 1,139 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,398
Posts18,488,906
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.