B
BCBrian Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Brian, you are SUCH an azzhole.

Coming from you - you can't believe the size of the smile you just put on my face! grin

You can't be fully human if stories like this - don't make you a little perturbed.

I mean let's face the truth everyone. When people die, ignoring scientists advice - because they had FAITH some old man in the clouds is going to save them - it's just damn sad. I've known of kids who died - because their "believing" parents thought their kids didn't need a blood transfusion - FAITH was going to save them. It didn't.

In Canada, we've had kids taken from parents who wouldn't try chemotherapy - or radiation - because FAITH was going to save their child. It wouldn't.

It was FAITH that motivated the 9/11 murderers. It was FAITH that motivated the Ayatollah's death squads. It's FAITH that motivates the Taliban. It's FAITH that motivates the Chechens that blew up that school in Russia. It was FAITH motivated the man that murdered the Vancouver gynecologist. It was FAITH that motivated the Conquistadors to murder the original North Americans. It was FAITH that murdered so many during the Spanish Inquisition. It was FAITH that motivated the Salem witch trials. It was FAITH that motivated the Bali bombers. It was FAITH that caused the murder of the men serving on the USS Cole. Today the men in Iraq trying to kill US forces and the ones trying to kill US and Canadian forces in Afghanistan are all motivated by the same thing - FAITH.

FAITH - in what does not exist.

Get mad all you want, call me all the names you want.

It won't change the truth.

Some people can't handle the truth.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
GB1

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BCBrian

Some people can't handle the Truth.

You predicate your supposition with Earthly Death being a bad thing.

One's man's truth....

Just saying.

John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life.

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Atheism ain't the issue.

Your butt-headed self-righteous attitude and tactics are the issue.

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
B
BCBrian Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
To me it's always sad to hear about people trusting non-existent super-natural beings - when they should be listening to scientists.

I guess I'm a little glad folks like Columbus, Galileo, and Copernicus DIDN'T listen to scientists.!

The one thing those three great men shared - was the disapproval of an "infallible" church.

Ironic isn't it.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by mikeymjr23
Originally Posted by RS308MX
Brian,
Don't wait 'till the eleventh hour to realize you need to talk to God. Those that do usually die at 10:30.

I really like that quote...

I heard it from my dad as he was dying from lung cancer in 1998. He was a Roman Catholic Deacon and told me he felt fortunate to have such a close relation to God because those who wait until the eleventh hour................ I often wondered if he heard it somewhere or if was is own thought. But if others have heard it, it answers that question.

Bob

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
IC B2

B
BCBrian Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by BMT
Atheism ain't the issue.

BMT

Funny how when religious people try and tell people what to believe - it isn't considered "self-righteous" to preach what they believe in. But when an atheist does it - the name calling begins! grin

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why are atheists so insecure that they feel the need to make posts like this? Not enough faith in your own beliefs? Searching for support? Reminds me of the militant vegetarians.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Of course, once Stalin, Mao, et al. got rid of faith, and based everything on science, no one ever died again. Too bad those fellers had to die.

B
BCBrian Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by RWE

Some people can't handle the Truth.

You predicate your supposition with Earthly Death being a bad thing.

One's man's truth....

Just saying.

John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life.

NEEDLESS death - is, to me, a bad thing - for people anyways.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Brian is a athiest troll.

IC B3

B
BCBrian Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
Brian is a athiest troll.

We have our share of Christian "trolls" around here - I believe in balance.

It's a FORUM - it's supposed be all about spirited discussion.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Coming from you - you can't believe the size of the smile you just put on my face! grin

You can't be fully human if stories like this - don't make you a little perturbed.

I mean let's face the truth everyone. When people die, ignoring scientists advice - because they had FAITH some old man in the clouds is going to save them - it's just damn sad. I've known of kids who died - because their "believing" parents thought their kids didn't need a blood transfusion - FAITH was going to save them. It didn't.

In Canada, we've had kids taken from parents who wouldn't try chemotherapy - or radiation - because FAITH was going to save their child. It wouldn't.

It was FAITH that motivated the 9/11 murderers. It was FAITH that motivated the Ayatollah's death squads. It's FAITH that motivates the Taliban. It's FAITH that motivates the Chechens that blew up that school in Russia. It was FAITH motivated the man that murdered the Vancouver gynecologist. It was FAITH that motivated the Conquistadors to murder the original North Americans. It was FAITH that murdered so many during the Spanish Inquisition. It was FAITH that motivated the Salem witch trials. It was FAITH that motivated the Bali bombers. It was FAITH that caused the murder of the men serving on the USS Cole. Today the men in Iraq trying to kill US forces and the ones trying to kill US and Canadian forces in Afghanistan are all motivated by the same thing - FAITH.

You have the same zealous faith, just in a different god. What you and your "church" forget is that God gave us all a brain. If the spiritual leader made the decision not to leave that is his choice he made with his brain. You see, God also gave us free will. That also covers your ass as well.

Bless your hot little pegan soul .. BP...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here's one of the aspects I see about my Christianity. If I'm wrong then I've lead a good and decent life.

But if you are wrong then you are Plucked!

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
B
BCBrian Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by boilerpig1

You have the same zealous faith, just in a different god. What you and your "church" forget is that God gave us all a brain. If the spiritual leader made the decision not to leave that is his choice he made with his brain. You see, God also gave us free will. That also covers your ass as well.

Bless your hot little pegan soul .. BP...

If not believing in god is a religion - then not collecting stamps must be a hobby! grin

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by BMT
Atheism ain't the issue.

BMT

Funny how when religious people try and tell people what to believe - it isn't considered "self-righteous" to preach what they believe in. But when an atheist does it - the name calling begins! grin
No name calling here. I just would like to know why on earth would you care if someone holds beliefs in a higher being? I don't care one way or another if you believe or you do not. Unless you can tell me something different I'll just have to assume that you are just jerking peoples chains, and if so, you apparently do a very good job of it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm praying for an end to all volcanoes.

Carpe' Scrotum
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
hmm? maybe it's just a chemical reaction of some kind? a phase-change chemistry?

the stars switch on at night, and the Sun switches on during the day? it's all a chemical reaction, right?

what is the basic issue, life after death? should we explore whether that's a selfish issue or not?

heh, i'm selfish, and i know it. wink

and then the trade-offs begin: how many souls would i be willing to die for?

and more importantly, can or does one ever recieve an infinity of heaven or hell, from a mere 80 years, plus or minus, spent being a biologic male or female down here on the Earthen?

is God an Economizer, or not?

it's an Experiment, y'all. the test is intense. and only X percent gets a passing grade. wink

B
BCBrian Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by crosshair
Here's one of the aspects I see about my Christianity. If I'm wrong then I've lead a good and decent life.

But if you are wrong then you are Plucked!

No - I'll just be dead. I'll experience a total lack of thought. Like I do when I sleep - like I did when I was first growing in the womb. I'll just return to the earth - from whence I came.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bingo.

B
BCBrian Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Sportdog
Originally Posted by BMT
Atheism ain't the issue.

BMT

No name calling here. I just would like to know why on earth would you care if someone holds beliefs in a higher being? I don't care one way or another if you believe or you do not. Unless you can tell me something different I'll just have to assume that you are just jerking peoples chains, and if so, you apparently do a very good job of it.

I care when people die - needlessly.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

164 members (1_deuce, 3333vl, 308xray, 2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 20 invisible), 14,603 guests, and 1,137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,228
Posts18,543,966
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.