Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
This popular American made firearm is the only of it's kind manufactured in the US in quantity. This weapon is similar in principle to some very exclusive and expensive european models. The American gun is in fact somewhat simple if not to the point crude. It is inexpensive and probably rarely if ever decorated or customized.</font color=red>
<br>
<br>Bullwnkl.

Money talks Bull [bleep] walks
Business as usual

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I'm thinking it's a brake achtion, mabay a shotgun singal barreled.
<br>this was a random gess by ING
<br>__________________________

----------------

"Anyone who would trade their freedom for safety deserves neither freedom or safety". -Ben Franklin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
nef and h&r single shots

..pick..
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I is resting on my laurels! That means I don't have a clue but just guessing must me some type of air gun.
<br>BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I agree with Boggy on this as most European made air rifles are quite nice as opposed to the average American made Daisey or simmilar.

Walk softly and carry a big stick. Prefferably one that shoots big bullets.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A second guess would be the savage model 24 O/U rifle shotgun combo.

..pick..
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The original question states 'firearm'. That implies a combustable substance for operation. That would exclude 'air' and plunger (BB) style guns. Of course the question could have been mis-stated also.

..pick..
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I think you are referring to that over/under 410/22 rimfire by Springfield. The one with the big "trigger" under the buttstock that can be operated with gloves as thick as a buffalo hide.Also has ammo storage in the buttstock.It's called the Survivor or some other uniquely original name.

"after the bullet leaves the barrel it doesn't care what headstamp was on the case"
"The 221 Fireball is what the Hornet could have been had it stayed in school"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think Pick has got it. Bound to be the Savage M24. Most of the European drillings which the M24 is are very high class guns.
<br>BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I am with pick too

Rick

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Oh, just to be different, I'll suggest it might be a top-break revolver. The H&R (Or is it New england Firearms) .22's. Or are they still made?
<br>I'm just guessing.
<br>
<br>Talker

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm betting on the model 24's as well. Incidentally, I saw a Beretta Silver Snipe in 12 ga over 32 Special at the Fallon gun show yesterday. I thought that was an interesting combination.
<br>
<br>
<br>Scott

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
OK Pick, you got it, but cuz you took two trys no prize, Oh what the heck have a brew on me so long as you are buying.[Linked Image] I thought this would be harder than it was I better try harder next time.
<br>
<br>Bullwnkl.

Business as usual
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well Bullwnkl maybe I have an unfair advantage on that one. As a kid almost 1/2 the pickups I ever rode in had one of those in the gun rack (don't all picks have those?) or behind the seat. Most were the 30/30 over 12. Of course growing up on a ranch in Montana did have an influance on my upbringng (thank God[Linked Image]). To most they were just a tool for the bager digging holes in your freshly planted fields, to 00 buck for yotes during lambing or calfing time. To making noise with #6 to keep the crows off the seed, and if they were out there a 30/30 at one in the group would move them.
<br>
<br>In the fall good to have handy when checking fence and the parie goats got a tad to curious, you now did not need to spend a day lookin them up for the freezer. And if we need a break and in the right place a quick walk for sage hens was always nice. These guns were never treated gentle like, but they worked very well. It would be laughable to think of slicking ones of these up with pertty metal work and such considuring what we did to them. Heck to know who's it was a lot of them just had the owners intital 'carved' somewhere in the butt stock, usally with a pocket knife. The most impressive ownership mark I saw was the fella that put the branding iron to it when he had a moment branding. There was no mistaking that one. That was the most 'custom' M24 I saw.
<br>
<br>BTW I am sitting here sipping my own, waiting for the next go around on this. If I can get that on the first try will you buy?

..pick..
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Pick, whats a Montana boy like you doing in PA? So my question was not too far off line, the m-24 is just a working rifle with its roots in royalty. Far distant cousin albeit. So if I come up with another trivia question you are welcome to try and get the answer on the first go, if you are correct sure I'll buy, but if you are wrong you buy.
<br>
<br>Bullwnkl.

Business as usual
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You know, where there is work you do not want to live, and where you want to live there is no work..... If I wrote my life story as fiction no one would believe it, but as Ripply said "fact is stranger then fiction". I will not even begin to tell of the 9 years I lived in NYC !!!
<br>
<br>Throw another one out there and we will see who is buying[Linked Image]

..pick..
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
I know the work story, but 9 years in NYC, I should buy you one for escaping [Linked Image] The trivia thing is on it's way I have to confirm some facts so stay tuned, perhaps tomorrow.
<br>
<br>Bullwnkl.

Business as usual

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

524 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1lessdog, 160user, 16gage, 57 invisible), 2,640 guests, and 1,184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,318
Posts18,505,737
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.