Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Not legal in Washington to hunt with anyhow, so I guess the choice is easy for me.

Would be interested to see in what states a guy can hunt with electronics mounted on the rifle.

I would think the market for lighted reticles would be pretty small.

Rick
GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Leupold had the motion detector in their scope for the last year or so already. I actually think it's a good idea for a stand hunter so the batteries don't die on you. Although I've never seen a need for a lighted reticle though.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Great, more battery powered, push button hunting gear--the yuppies should be thrilled.........

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I could be wrong, of course, but I suspect that VX-R will end up being Leupold's best hunting scope yet. Moreover, I suspect that it will serve as a springboard to port some technologies onto other scope lines.

I have long been a very outspoken critic of Leupold, but talking to them at last SHOT, I thought that they might finally get off their behinds, stop resting on their laurels and do something worthwhile with upcoming designs. If I am not mistaken in what is inside VX-R, this is one of the first products that reflects that change in attitude.

I'll check it out at SHOT and try to get my hands on one for a thorough test. Perhaps, we are finally seeing some innovation from Leupold.

ILya

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm not interested in one in the least, but I think it's interesting that they're using VX-II magnification ranges on these instead of the VX-3. Does that mean the glass is VX-II level and thus prices will be "lower"?

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
they dont have the xtended twilight lens system which you would think you would need to use an illuminated reticle

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by clark98ut
I'm not interested in one in the least, but I think it's interesting that they're using VX-II magnification ranges on these instead of the VX-3. Does that mean the glass is VX-II level and thus prices will be "lower"?

I have some suspicions on why they are offering those configurations, but I will reserve judgement until I get to inspect them a little more carefully.

I will say this though: I expect these VX-R scopes, for once, be competitive in terms of both price and performance.

ILya

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jimmyp
I love it when I look thru my illuminated reticule nightforce at O'Dark 30 and can see only the illuminated reticule but nothing else...

fwiw,
This is one of the reasons I think Nightforce Illumination is assbackwards. I used to be able to say that Schmidt Bender had the answer, however, they seem to be following the blind themselves on several new models...

Who has not been able to see a fox, coyote, etc but NOT a point of aim point of impact? This is why I thought the little POA POI crosshair in the PMIIs were brilliant. The other day, however, I was informed that would not allow you to use the reticle for HOLDOVER ON NIGHT SHOOTS. No NVD mind you... I started to ask about leading MOVERS or if he competed in the snow, however, I began to think we were having a failure to communicate...

Regards, Matt Garrett.

NRA Life Benefactor Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would be happier if they could do something really revolutionary: Make a scope that fits a 30-06 length action.

Brushbuster: "Is this thread about the dear heard or there Jeans?"
Plugger: "If you cant be safe at strip club in Detroit at 2am is anywhere safe?"
Deer are somewhere all the time
To report a post you disagree with, please push Alt + F4. Thank You.
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Matt;

IIRC, IOR has a system that'll do what you're looking for in the illuminated MP-8 reticle.

IC B3

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
About all I buy anymore are illuminated reticle scopes. If these are just VX-II�s with IR then I�m not interested. But if the optical quality is at least VX-III level or better and if they have enough eye relief for magnum rifles (3.8� min, 4�+ better) then I would pay a reasonable premium for some 2-7x33 scope�s (though a 36mm to 42mm objective would be preferable).

Brazos Jack

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Looks like the ocular might be one of those fast focus jobs...
Won't work for me cause I'm a user of butler creek...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

whistle

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Was there a purpose in resurrecting a 10 year old thread?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ghostman

Is there EVER a good reason to resurrect a 10 year old thread?

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
I'm stoked! I like the idea that they have a line offered with the simple Ballistic Firedot reticle. Uncluttered and no chance to fail like that dial nonsense.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by aalf

whistle

Pot stirrer...

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by Ghostman

Is there EVER a good reason to resurrect a 10 year old thread?

Yes

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by stevevan1
I'm stoked! I like the idea that they have HAD a line offered with the simple Ballistic Firedot reticle. Uncluttered and no chance to fail like that dial nonsense.

Fixed it, that was 10 years ago.

Ted
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I bought 2 NIB Leupold VX3 4.5-14x50 LR Varmegeddon scopes from a pard at a “buddy price point”.

These were made in 2014 for the joint venture between Nosler and Leupold.

Being designed for a gas gun, their appearance closely resembles a NF NX8 2.5-20x50 scope with an uncovered elevation turret, capped windage, side parallax and 30mm tube.

I always liked the older VX3 glass compared to the Vari-X or 3i offerings...It’s a lightweight in comparison to a NF, obviously.

As for dialing performance and retention of holding zero? - We’ll see what happens, since these scopes are specifically going on a 223 Rem and 223 AI that will have the shît dialed out of them for varmint hunting...Time will tell.

Some may say WTF were you thinking buying Leupold for dialing? Meh, they’re for varmints. They ride perfectly on a couple of custom built lightweight rigs, and if they crap the bed, they’ll get fixed - or, not...And, I’m not out any serious coin.

Right now, I like them...We’ll see if I love them...😎

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 10ring1, 58 invisible), 14,728 guests, and 1,012 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,180
Posts18,543,185
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.