Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by SpartanGunner
Originally Posted by BWalker
Who gives a shat about Palins son?
As if the actions of her son are some sort of indictment on her...

Never mind the silliness about the Palins. The actions of children are ABSOLUTELY an indictment on the parents!

I was dumbfounded when a parent came into my class last year after writing an apology 500 times by hand and turned it in to my desk. I will never forget the short speech that impassioned father gave my class that day. "Children are a reflection of their parents, teachers and community. Good or bad I am responsible for what my children do. I wrote 500 times that I am sorry for the disrespect that my son showed you."

I believe we'd all be better off if more parents think like this dad does. It certainly is challenging.

All you are talking about is a parent who cares. Most do to, in the end we are all responsible for our own actions. How we are raised is no excuse for what we become. Many kids overcome great odds to overcome. Some come from great families and make bad decisions. End of story. you want to give kids an excuse to blame the parent, that's up to you. I do the opposite.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't hold a rowdy son against Palin. Sons are supposed to be rowdy. I remember when my Grandmother heard that I'd outrun the cops on my motorcycle she said, I'm glad someone has some balls in this family! And that's a good attitude to have; look to the positive. He's likely a good, virile, energetic kid stuck in a small town and chit happens.

I hope Palin has, at a minimum, grown wiser from the trevails of her daughter and her brain-damaged baby, however. That, I do hold against her. The knee-jerk conservative anti-sex ed, anti birth control for teens, and anti-abortion position is simply not realistic in the real world. I know she loves her baby, as she should, but I would hope it's helped her understand that 45-yr-old women should have a choice about whether to go down that road. Her public rhetoric that I've read would indicate she hasn't, but who knows what she really believes.

My only post on this thread, promise. Just being honest, not trying to herniate anyone's brain here. smile Palin annoys me but I'm trying to see the positives as she may well be a force of nature, politically.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
A 45yr old women DOES have a choice "whether to go down that road".

However none of those choices should include murder.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
So what you are saying is a 20 year old soon to be mother should kill her unborn child if it has a defect or is that just for those in there 40s?

Aw but that is another subject.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm sure all of us were angels when we were teenagers. I'm not sure how I missed getting some jail time.

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Palin's Down's child might easily have more opportunity to live a good life and contribute to society than many "normal" offspring of some of society's derelict parents. I think the argument for neutering certain individuals has far more merit than does a "choice to kill the unborn" argument.

Last edited by Klikitarik; 11/06/10. Reason: broken rulz

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by JO
I remember when my Grandmother heard that I'd outrun the cops on my motorcycle she said, I'm glad someone has some balls in this family!

To whom was Granny referring? smile

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Jeff O, you really are [bleep] in the head arent you? brain damaged baby..... christ man get a life and off the libs hind tit.

since when is downs brain damaged? the kid has an issue but I'm sure will grow up to be functional and have a good life. I guess not everybody can be born and grow up as perfect as you huh, you worthless POS.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
Jeff O, you really are [bleep] in the head arent you? brain damaged baby..... christ man get a life and off the libs hind tit.

since when is downs brain damaged? the kid has an issue but I'm sure will grow up to be functional and have a good life. I guess not everybody can be born and grow up as perfect as you huh, you worthless POS.

+1 Good on you Joel, well said.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

I hope Palin has, at a minimum, grown wiser from the trevails of her daughter and her brain-damaged baby, however. That, I do hold against her. The knee-jerk conservative anti-sex ed, anti birth control for teens, and anti-abortion position is simply not realistic in the real world. I know she loves her baby, as she should, but I would hope it's helped her understand that 45-yr-old women should have a choice about whether to go down that road.

I'm wise enough to know that a society that cheapens life is a pro-death society. I'm wise enough to know that the liberal facade of kindness is a lie. Any society that sells death for the youngest and oldest as a "right" is a sick society.

IC B3

Ray Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DanInAlaska
Originally Posted by ironbender
If this rumor were true, you'd have heard about it 2 years ago.

Google "sarah palin son bus vandalism". The rumors are not new, but I doubt they are anything more than just rumor.

It's only a rumor, since the guilty party, which wasn't Palin's son, already answered for the crime. He is already an adult, too.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I live in liberal Northern Virginia just outside DC. Fortunately, the rest of our state is true to American values & Republican. I simply can't believe the hatred most liberals have toward the Palin family & Sarah in particular. They will accept a community organizer sympathetic to Muslims who believes America is to blame for the worlds problems. Yet, Sarah is hated because she is anti-abortion, owns guns, hunts, & is stupid. Some how this doesn't correlate.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Ironic, ain't it?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Call th C.G. Someone got lost in Alaska.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Well, whoever the DSMFs who vandalized those busses are.........

None of their moms better run for president, EVER, or else......

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by tbear
I live in liberal Northern Virginia just outside DC. Fortunately, the rest of our state is true to American values & Republican. I simply can't believe the hatred most liberals have toward the Palin family & Sarah in particular. They will accept a community organizer sympathetic to Muslims who believes America is to blame for the worlds problems. Yet, Sarah is hated because she is anti-abortion, owns guns, hunts, & is stupid. Some how this doesn't correlate.

Well said and I couldn't agree more

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I'm a raging conservative as are virtually all of my friends. I can't stand her and neither can many of my friends. She's a quitter, poorly spoken, a simpleton and, dare I say it, a little trashy (in a trailer sort of way). If Republicans run her for President we will guarantee the re-election of the Mombassa Man-Child.

Last edited by RobJordan; 11/10/10.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I don't believe she could win an election here either. It takes a lot more than what most people offer to win an election, that doesn't necessarily maker her a bad person, or worthless. Right now she's found her nitch and if she can help the conservative movement that's good. The way she operated as governor shows she doesn't understand a lot about conservatism (taxes and larger goverment are good examples) but she certainly talks a good line and gets people motivated. Few people actually live up to their talk so I don't think she should be held out as special because of that.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
-Mark Twain
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I agree she fills a vital role in leading and influencing the electorate---and we should all be thankful for her ability to influence things in a conservative direction. I certainly want to give her credit where it is due.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Originally Posted by lodgepole
No, that was the young son that got in trouble and was forced to join the army. He is the youngest person to ever complete boot camp and the only one with downs syndrome.

Not bad.....eh?

Thats funny!!!!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

514 members (1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 22kHornet, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 10ring1, 51 invisible), 1,626 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,991
Posts18,520,231
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.