Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
Toddly Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Last edited by Cartod; 11/08/10.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's pretty chickenshitt... A good football coach would never pull that kind of stunt. If I was a parent on that team that scored,I'd demand he step down immediatly... Chickenshitt is putting it mildly...

Last edited by BrotherBart; 11/08/10.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
That's awesome. I watched it twice.

Camp is where you make it.
Toddly Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
That's pretty chickenshitt... A good football coach would never pull that kind of stunt. If I was a parent on that team that scored,I'd demand he step down immediatly... Chickenshitt is putting it mildly...
It was beautiful, not chickenschitt...:)

Last edited by Cartod; 11/08/10.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cartod
It was beutiful, not chicken...:)

I don't know what your experience is with playing sports but it's my opinion that that was as bad of an example as you can get for sportsmanship... The coach should be fired for even teaching that play,much less running it...

IC B2

Toddly Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Cartod
It was beutiful, not chicken...:)

I don't know what your experience is with playing sports but it's my opinion that that was as bad of an example as you can get for sportsmanship... The coach should be fired for even teaching that play,much less running it...
It was a trick play, sorry it offended you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have you played sports at any level?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I'm not as vociferous in my disdain for that trick play as Brother Bart but I didn't care for it. It wasn't that great of a play and certainly showed no talent or athleticism. Not something I would teach the kids and YES I coach football.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I'm not as vociferous in my disdain for that trick play as Brother Bart but I didn't care for it. It wasn't that great of a play and certainly showed no talent or athleticism. Not something I would teach the kids and YES I coach football.

That's just it - you want to be good enough where that's not needed.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

LMAO! laugh

Maybe Dallas could use that coach. wink

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Yup...or lose with your head held high.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
What's wrong with it?

It's within the rules of the game, which obviously were not adequately taught by the coach of the opposing team. Put the onus on him!

Bet they know now - and won't ever forget -- that when the football comes off the ground, it is in play, and remains so until a whistle blows. And "trick plays" by an opponent are within the realm of possibility and need to be considered.

Trick me once - shame on you - trick me twice, shame on me.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
I'd rather run that play than get caught with a helmet full of stupid watching it happen. How is it different than the Statue of liberty play?

It was pretty funny.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
The video didn't show the referee signal TD.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
las----I know but for me at least, it seems a little slimy. You are correct in that it's within the rules but young kids are more retiscent to tackle. I think they don't want to hurt the other guy and he played it like the ball was whistled dead.

In any case I doubt that team will run that play again....if nothing else but for the poor kid tasked with carrying the ball the next time. Face meet turf....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Man oh man, that was ballsy as hell, AND it worked!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by las
What's wrong with it?

Coaches are teachers... They have a responsibility to teach not only the game but good sportsmanship and that comes with winning and losing. Trick plays have no place in youth sports. There's too many things that these kids need to learn that are essential to being successful in life....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wasn't there a baseball game years ago where the pitcher threw a couple of pitch outs and then screamed one down the gut for the 3rd strike?

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
while not as jazzed over it as Bart is, I don't think it's appropriate at that age level. if you want to try it in college, more power to you, but your center and qb are likely to get creamed and you'll have a turnover.

coached one of my kid's by default this summer, team mom trying to coach just wasn't gettin it done, a good lady, just not suited to coach middle school kids.

the boys got aggravated with me a few times if we played a team that was short handed, I'd pull enough of my guys off to make it even. Told them, if we win, we'll hold our heads up with pride not cause we outnumbered them but because we outcompeted them.

did it one time and the opposing coach had a kid show up late so he put him in, musta been 5 minutes before one of the parents let me know what had happened that we were playing short handed.

lol, I'd like to think it was just oversight on the other coach as we were beating them pretty handily.

there has to be a time in life to teach sportsmanship, I figure up to and thru high school is reserved for that, win at any cost can be delayed for college and thereafter.

I'm with Bart, the coach would get no love for that kind of deal AT that age.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You could only get away with that playing the Cowboys.

NRA Lifetime Member
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (240NMC, 160user, 17CalFan, 222Sako, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 60 invisible), 2,276 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,281
Posts18,486,813
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.