Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
that game was played here, a district championship game. the team is from odem tx they played at buccaneer stadium here in corpus.they were losing and ran that play in the last few minutes of the game to win there district title

Last edited by stxhunter; 11/08/10.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
GB1

Toddly Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Even the Ref was fooled....say what you want it was funny as hell. Whether or not it was sportsman like I guess is individual. But Bart, dont bring your lame game question to me as to how much sports I have played..Go argue with a rock.

Last edited by Cartod; 11/08/10.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
You could only get away with that playing the Cowboys.

Pretty sure that team could pull it off against the cowboys.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The only thing I remember that remotely resembles this was a play my son's PeeWee team ran. It was just a simple fake handoff to the half back. All the blocking went to the right, along with the halfback and the fullback leading the way. The QB did a great fake and the entire defense bit on the halfback and went right. The QB went around the left end completely untouched for a 65 yard TD. He faked them out so bad, he was 20 yards down the field before anyone even notice he was gone.

As for the play shown here, I'm not quite as upset about it as Bart, but the coaches job is to teach these kids the fundamentals. There was nothing fundamental about that play. I wouldn't have ran it.

As for the idiot who went after Bart's family, that was crude and totally tasteless, and you'd best be prepared to hear from Rick, as I can't imagine he'll tolerate that kind of classless behavior.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, we teach our defensive linemen that when the center moves the ball after he initially grabs it everything is fair game.

I don't have a problem with trick plays. If you teach fundamental football and your players know the rules it's hard for someone to run a trick play on you. Our varsity kids ran the "Belly bum" years ago. Worked like a charm the first two times. Got a couple of touchdowns. Didn't work so good after that.

Alan

Oh yeah, if someone wants to make crude comments about someone else's wife or family. Do it by PM so you can arrange a meeting to solve and resolve the problem. Be sure and post pictures afterwards.

Last edited by Alan_R_McDaniel_Jr; 11/08/10.

Food is at the core of Hunting and Fishing - Rebecca Gray

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
That's pretty chickenshitt... A good football coach would never pull that kind of stunt. If I was a parent on that team that scored,I'd demand he step down immediatly... Chickenshitt is putting it mildly...

+1 That aint football.

War Damn Eagle!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Athletics Competition ain't all about muscle sometimes it's about brains.

And that defense is feeling pretty stupid after that.

Sometimes you have to be stronger, sometimes faster, and sometimes smarter (that means thinking outside the box, being an outlier as it may).

There isn't anyone who is really successful that does things like all their competitors. If they did that, they'd be also-rans too.

You gotta be an original cat if you want to win at anything.

Last edited by BarryC; 11/08/10.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
yeah and the slam at Bart's family was even less "cricket"

I'm sure the guy was just trying to be funny and didn't realize the past history of this place.

we'll see the measure of the hombre if he mans up and apologizes for it or not

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BarryC
Athletics Competition ain't all about muscle sometimes it's about brains.

And that defense is feeling pretty stupid after that.

Sometimes you have to be stronger, sometimes faster, and sometimes smarter (that means thinking outside the box, being an outlier as it may).

There isn't anyone who is really successful that does things like all their competitors. If they did that, they'd be also-rans too.

You gotta be an original cat if you want to win at anything.

There's what's legal, and I guess that was, and what's acceptable among most coaches...that wouldn't fall in to that category.

Football is football. If you have to resort to that to win, well you might find a few inventive ways to score some points, but you won't really be playing within the spirit of the game, and, you won't be teaching the kids the game of football, or the good life lessons that come with it. If that's the kind of think you think is "cool" or "original", then that's your opinion. I've been coaching middle school and youth ball a few years now...that kind of stuff is frowned upon in most coaching circles.

War Damn Eagle!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah, yeah, yeah. In 6 years the losers will be complaining that the winners "tricked" their girlfriends too. grin

Islam is a terrorist organization.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cartod
Have you played sports at any level?

Congratulations turd, you made my ignore list in less than 200 posts. I hope someone does smack out a couple of your teeth, you need it and I am sure it would improve your looks. I am with Brother Bart in hoping you are now banned from the sight for that comment unless you man up and apologize reeally soon. Will withold the ignore for a bit, hoping you grow some manhood and apologize without a lame disclaimer. Lets see it wuss.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Jerry Jones will be interviewing that coach!!! 163bc

Toddly Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
OK, I am sorry I was way out of line with my comment about Barts wife.

I have a few teeth missing already from fights, no need for my internet teeth to be knocked out. I have played sports all of my life, and for someone to ask me at what level just pissed me off big time.

Ban me if you like, but I would not suggest coming and knocking whats left of my WV teeth out quite yet.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You already punched your ticket...

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Toddly Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
You already punched your ticket...You're probably going to post this PM even though it's private but that's the kind of little bitch you are... I think you should come to my house so we can talk about your bad manners but you won't do that either because you are a coward... I'm not going to le this go... If you said that to my face,you'd be spitting teeth followed by a concussive nap...
Well then, I guess you are a happy Man tonight.

Last edited by Cartod; 11/08/10.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why sould I be happy about you insulting me?

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
That's pretty chickenshitt... A good football coach would never pull that kind of stunt. If I was a parent on that team that scored,I'd demand he step down immediatly... Chickenshitt is putting it mildly...
It was beutiful, not chicken...:)

That Is funny and I watched it twice
THAT is one way of teaching the rules of the game!

Last edited by ColsPaul; 11/08/10.

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well... You are the chickenshitt coward I said you were...

Toddly Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
OK Bart. I said Im sorry about the wife comment, I got pissed and ran my big mouth.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
OK Bart. I said Im sorry about the wife comment, I got pissed and ran my big mouth.

You post a PM then beg.... Keep begging....

Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (260madman, 25aught6, 2500HD, 1badf350, 1234, 260Remguy, 64 invisible), 2,459 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,945
Posts18,519,152
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.