Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Phil99 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
The Michigan rifle opener is Monday the 15th. Good luck to all you Michigan Savage shooters.

I'll be going north tomorrow night with a couple of my buddies, headed to my cabin south of Baldwin. Deer numbers are only fair this year, but we usually do OK. Whether or not we take a deer there will be pasties and chili for supper, cold beer and euchre in the evenings, and some nice 99s in the gunrack to admire.

Cheers,

Rod

[Linked Image]

Hunting FOR Savages, Hunting WITH Savages
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Watch you don't snag those "Malones" in the briars. Good hunting

The Tail Goes Along With The Hide.

We should have picked our own cotton.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
don't see too many "Briars" that far north, I reckon... grin

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Rod,

Good luck to you. It is impossible for me to describe in words how much I would like to be in northern Michigan with my Dad on Monday. That is where it all started for me.

Dont forget the Woolrich and Stormy Kromer.

Jeff

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
There's nothing like deep woods hunting smile

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Leelanau County with my 358R. No snow, but no rain either.
Good luck to all youse guys, hope to see some nice pic's next week.
[Linked Image]

"The older I get, the better I was"
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The real hunter went up Friday, to our camp just south of Old US 2, east of Watersmeet. I'll be dragging up on Tuesday. I'm bringing my hunting stuff, but I don't know if I'll be going out. Heaslth is still pretty much a day to day thing; mostly feeling pretty good, but some days are bummers. Maybe I'll just go sit behind the outhouse, and hope for a John Deere.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not much time off this year compared to the past. Opening day and weekends only. I was going to hunt with a pre-mil F this year, but the forecast is for pure dog snot weather. I'll use a synthetic stock bolt gun instead. Maybe the weather will improve for Thanksgiving weekend.

Brushbuster: "Is this thread about the dear heard or there Jeans?"
Plugger: "If you cant be safe at strip club in Detroit at 2am is anywhere safe?"
Deer are somewhere all the time
To report a post you disagree with, please push Alt + F4. Thank You.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
We've got pure dog snot weather here today and I sure wouldn't take pre-mil out in it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The real hunter went up Friday, to our camp just south of Old US 2, east of Watersmeet.

Hey, I know that area sort of. When I was a wee lad I used to hunt with my Father up near Skanee by L'anse. My Father's family used to lease a section from Ford and had a camp that they called Camp Major up there. All long gone now. I'd be hard pressed to find the old camp but the memories are still vivid. Hope you all have a successful hunt.

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

IC B3

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Will be hunting around the Manistee area. Took the week off of work to be with friends and family. White tail season is always a great time in Michigan.

38superman

C
ctw Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Youper
Good luck to you sounds bad but lucky you to have a job. It looks good in my hand has always decided what I carry never the weather. I will have my youngest in the woods with me again this year so whatever happens the day will be great! I will definitely post picts.
Thanks Chris

What you have done is not nearly as important as how you have done it!!!
The Old Fart 2008 A.D.

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (007FJ, 1OntarioJim, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 16penny, 66 invisible), 2,464 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,440
Posts18,470,877
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.