-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
My husband reads other forums and this is one that he found.... it might already be here somewhere and I appologize if it a repeat but it is worth it...........
<br>
<br>Well now, it seems unseen sources may be trying to prevent us from reading it.
<br>Let's see if they can delete this...
<br>
<br>Story posted here as found on above link:
<br>PETA fails in attempt to thwart hunters
<br>
<br>Group outfits deer in blaze orange to protect them from hunters; actually made deer easier to hunt and then enter into local contest
<br>
<br>Associated Press � January 8, 2001
<br>
<br>COLUMBUS, Ohio � If you are familiar with PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals), then you are aware of the fact they will do almost anything to protect animals. This year's efforts to save Ohio's deer from the annual statewide gun season has backfired.
<br>
<br>For safety's sake, hunters in Ohio are required by law to display at least 400 square inches of hunter's blaze orange on their person when in the woods. Capitalizing on the fact that hunters do not usually shoot orange, PETA recently bulk purchased blaze orange vests and have been affixing them to live-trapped deer in Youngstown suburbs. According to PETA spokesperson Katie Reese, a total of 405 vests were successfully put into circulation prior to this week, with additional specimens still being caught and vested.
<br>
<br>Youngtown entrepreneur Guy Lockey, of Guy's Outdoors has spit in the face of PETA by offering rewards for the returned vests this week. Hunters who can successfully bag a vested deer can pay $5 for random and biggest animal awards. As of Tuesday, Jan. 8, 308 of the vests had already been recorded as bagged with most of the hunters registering for Mr. Lockey's drawing.
<br>
<br>"It's so easy, you can see them coming a mile away," said one first year hunter after checking in his first spike buck.
<br>
<br>ODNR officials are worried that the poorly thought out plan by PETA might get somebody shot instead of saving the deer. "Hunters have turned their plan upside down, we're just hoping that nobody gets hurt and are hoping that none of the vested animals get tangled in brush" said an unnamed ODNR official. "PETA has really outdone itself this time." Ohio's statewide gun season is open to shotguns only and is scheduled to close on Saturday, Jan. 12.
<br>
<br>

Take your children hunting, saves hunting for your children.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
This shows once again what idiots the PETA members are. This action by the PETA idiots should be treated by the local game department as a criminal action. Or dosen't this state have laws against harressing game animals? Fines should be written to all who are involved in capturing these animals and endangering said animals. If not fines,legal action needs to be iniatiated against the game department and PETA for allowing such actions. A class action law suit should be filed in the name of the states licenced hunters against PETA and the state game dept. for allowing this conduct.
<br>
<br>Bullwnkl.
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>

Money talks Bull [bleep] walks
Business as usual
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bullwnkl
<br>Why the desire to sue over nothing? Why not just win gacefully, laughing at the Petaphiles all the way? Encourage them, I say, they will step on their own toes.
<br>art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Art, when the oppertunity presents it self to use the enemys own methods against it self it should be exployted. I am the last person to advocate law suits for the sake of law suits. Look what the antis have done to the gun industry. they have driven them to the brink of extinction if the Clinton junta had remained in office much longer we would not have our 2nd amendment any longer. The PETA folks are following in Clintons foot steps and must be reinged in. As a government functionary and drone I see how things get done. Usually government officials interpret the laws as to their own belief system right up to the point where the government gets hit with a law suit. Government has lots of lawyers but hates to lose make the laws strike out at PETA. So lets strike back.not sit back. Art I am afraid after the change in admins. we will become complacent and let the anti's regroup and strike us when our guard is down. Look to England. Canada, Australia. Some say it can't happen here, I say it will if we don't strike back with weapons the enemy understands. Tie them up in court make them spend their money on defending them selfs rather than makeing us defend our selfs. You asked.
<br>
<br>Bullwnkl.

Business as usual
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Sorry to burst your bubble but AP got suckered, Fox News got suckered and a lot of hunter-friendly web sites got suckered by a year-old urban legend. This never happened. Fox retracted it the other day.
<br>Too bad too. It was so MUCH like the kind of thing PETA would do. Totally pointless and brainless, I mean.
<br>Talker
<br>

IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Knew it was too good to be true... Sorry about that guys, guess it goes to show that you cant believe everything that ya read. But I still think that it would have been funny.

Take your children hunting, saves hunting for your children.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh, no. Say it ain't so.
<br>
<br>Me and 0l' Mabel were ROFLOAO before I read that it was a hoax.
<br>
<br>Old "NO SUE" Twodogs was going to send a couple bucks to Ohio to help them sue PETA.
<br>
<br>2D

[Linked Image]
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA that is the funniest thing I have seen in years!!!

----------------

"Anyone who would trade their freedom for safety deserves neither freedom or safety". -Ben Franklin

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hind site being what it is, can anyone imagine how the "experts" at PETA would go about trapping 400 deer? I would love to see a fiasco like that. An apple in one hand and a landing net behind their back. It would make Elmer Fudd look like a genius.

Rick

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Ok the PETA idiots didn't think this up, So I say we sue them for not commiting this act. we sue them for causing us mental distress that this might happen. Sounds like a PETA tactic to me. [Linked Image]
<br>
<br>Bullwnkl.

Business as usual
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just read this thread and it reminded me of a letter to the editor in the Anchorage Times, back in 1984. The letter was from a woman expressing absolute outrage at the Talkeetna Moose Dropping Festival. She was sure that we used helicopters and she was going to call the police, the state troopers, the FAA, the FCC, the FDA, etc..That year was a big one, as it was our 25th anniversary of statehood. Now to the uninitiated, a moose dropping is just what it sounds like. Oval pellets that come out of the south end of a moose. In a fit of winter blahs, the folks up in Talkeetna decided that they, too, needed a festival. Since the Fur Roundevouz and the Iditarod were already taken, they made up their own. I think large amounts of kickapoo juice were involved. Naturally the festival appealed to all Alaskans and it has been lots of fun ever since. Oh, yes, she was a petafile.
<br>batch

I'm not cheap, I'm frugal.
[Linked Image]

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (007FJ, 1234, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 69 invisible), 2,537 guests, and 1,332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,308
Posts18,505,488
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.