Hop To
Page 7 of 17 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17
C
CBB Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C

Will the application deadlines stay the same for 2011???

Hunt...
GB1

C
CBB Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
will the application deadlines stay the same for 2011???

Hunt...
C
CBB Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
sorry I posted that twice..
to hopefully get a response this time!!! LOL!

Hunt...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
CBB would assume so, an email to FWP is usually answered within a week, sometimes alot faster.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Dink, I stand corrected thinking that you were a land owner and had access to a property owner tag. I believe the point is that the state manages the wildlife. The state has authority of what the fees are. I too want the Feds to stay out of the states interest/business. That way MT,WY and Idaho could regulate wolves. But, I know this is not going to happen. Public land is owned by the public of whom we are. But, none the less, the state regulates, manages, sets fees, governs state interest regarding wildlife issues. The Fed does have guidelines, set by the U.S.F.&W., which each state must adhere to. All in all, if the fees are not to your liking I would plan otherwise. Perhaps you would be more comfortable hunting Texas. Be prepared to pay big $$ for access. Wyoming has lots of big game and vast amounts of public land. There are many alternatives. MTG

Vena dura, ocyus occide, excusas non offer!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
it was ruraldoc with the land......and as i said i dont have a problem with a nonresident land owner that has a certain amount of land getting a special deer tag to hunt his own property at a similar price to a resident cause they are also paying property tax in the state for the land, nor necessarily a problem for a similar elk tag if they live in one of the open areas....its their property, they are paying taxes to the state...

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Rattler I think the only thing about hunting deer on public land in texas is you have to be drawn to hunt there (I could be wrong about that). If you talking about lease prices that is private property which no federal tax money was used in the purchase/upkeep of the property.

It really does not matter how the federal lands were created. They use federal tax money, that we all pay, to purchase/upkeep the land.

If wildlife was public then wouldn't we all pay the same for a tag?

If montana thinks this $200 surcharge is such a good idea how about raising residence tags by $200? I bet there would be some bitching and moaning then.....

Dink

Last edited by DINK; 11/18/10.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I think you should just go to a different western state that charges the same for residents and NR alike. I can tell that it bothers you to think that the residents of MT own the game within our state so maybe you'd like to go hunt a state where the outfitters basically own the game. All of your gripes are easily fixed by simply looking elsewhere for a place to hunt.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I for one have no problem with Montana raising the costs of NR licences.I'm thankful that I have the chance to draw a tag and hunt there at all.In British Columbia Non Residents MUST hunt with an outfitter,in other words I can't invite any of you boys up for a big game hunt.Almost all land in BC is crown land(belongs to us taxpayers!),so it's a sweetheart deal for the outfitters,the Government bends over backwards for them.That's why we've been watching this Proposition closely.I hope to be able to hunt speed goats in Montana again,but if I can't afford the tag,so be it.There's lots of things I can't afford,but it's never stopped me from hunting! Monashee.

Support the BC Wildlife Federation
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
how bout we raise the resident tags to $200? wouldnt need out of state hunters to fund a damn thing and they can stay home and b!tch about why they cant hunt Montana at all....

once again the STATE is paying for the animals, counting heads, setting quotas and the like....only [bleep] thing the feds do around here is make sure those with grazing leases arent putting more cattle on the land they they are supposed to, they dont give a rip about the deer or elk.....they just care the ground looks ok....its gotta look a certain way and they dont give a chit if there is 1 deer there or 100....

once again you ARE NOT paying to access federal land, your paying to hunt Montana resident owned animals...you wanna come out here and camp and watch wildlife on federal land, your welcome to come up and not pay us a dime.....you wanna shoot animals that belong to the residents of Montana you can pay the damn money.....the animals aint federally owned....

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
NR landowners are still NR. They can enter the draw like all of the other NR. Ruraldoc seems like a great guy, doesn't change the fact that he is the resident of another state. Whether he owns a square foot or a township, he still shouldn't have resident priviledges in another state.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
dont bug me if he is just hunting his land he is paying taxes on....if he is paying property tax on 200 acres or whatever he is funding the local school and the like....dont see why he should be able to hunt his property or atleast be guaranteed a tag in his name at the NR price for deer or elk if he happens to fall in one of the open areas to hunt his own land....

Last edited by rattler; 11/18/10.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
"In 1978, the Supreme Court favored the states when it ruled that Montana could charge nonresident elk hunters higher fees than residents. Montana argued in Baldwin v. Fish and Game Commission that nonresidents require more enforcement effort (because they don�t know the landscape as well) and that residents pay through taxes for infrastructure such as roads, fire control, and search-and-rescue efforts that nonresidents aren�t funding."
An interesting read- http://fwp.mt.gov/mtoutdoors/HTML/articles/2005/WhoCallsShots.htm

Seems like a very good reason to do away with the guaranteed tags. But like you Rattler I don't object to the legislature reducing the non-res prices and raising resident tags. Probably otta raise a $1 to avoid litigation.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I would pay a bit more as a resident. As long as I get to hunt. I will pay the going fees in other states as long as I get to hunt there also. How loud would NR howl if the state of MT raised the residents fees and reduced the amount of NR tags available? At what point do NR realize that MT has the authority and good will to regulate as necessary? I'm not against NR hunting in MT. I am against those that would regulate MT interests from another state. MTG

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We all pay to play in MT.
Either you live here and make half what you are worth, or you come here to recreate and pay extra for the privilege.
If MT is too expensive, I hear Colorado is cheaper with much better hunting.....

Last edited by Backroads; 11/18/10.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Backroads
We all pay to play in MT.

Not just MT.

I fish Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Montana. Also hunt N.H., MA., and Montana.

I bow hunt 5 minutes from my house, 10 miles from the center of Boston.

Take a 10-14 day trip to Montana every Oct/Nov to visit family and hunt. Don't always draw a tag as a N.R., but always involved. Cooking, being with the Grand children, watching, learning, teaching.

Hunt/fish N.H. because I was born there, and it's close.

We all pay to play.

Enjoy it while you can, where you can, and be happy you can.

Ed
T
TMR Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by ranger1
NR landowners are still NR. They can enter the draw like all of the other NR. Ruraldoc seems like a great guy, doesn't change the fact that he is the resident of another state. Whether he owns a square foot or a township, he still shouldn't have resident priviledges in another state.

I agree with this 100%....Even though I contribute to my community there, I don't expect the same priveleges as a resident...until I am one someday. Either you are a resident or non resident...pretty much cut and dry.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Rattler if think residents could fund the game and fish by charging you $216 for a tag I think you would be wrong.

I am sure by raising tag prices this is just a test to see if non-residents will still pay and I think most will. Wanna guess who they are going to test next by raising the tag prices?

Dink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
works by volume.....more resident hunters than non.....

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Dink, taxes and fees rarely decrease. By volume they can be mitigated. Your insistence that by raising the tag fees it is a slap in the face to NR is unfounded. The citizens of MT voted to change the structure. Whether you or any other NR agrees with this is a non issue. We, MT citizens, are not attempting to regulate/legislate your states wildlife issues. Why do you insist on doing so for MT? If this does not fit your requirements then perhaps you should find other hunting venues. Otherwise, move to the great state of Montana. Pay taxes here. Contribute to our wonderful community. Found a grass roots organisation to change what you deem is unfair to nonresidents. What think you? MTG

Last edited by MTGunner; 11/18/10.

Page 7 of 17 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

210 members (2ndwind, 264mag, 1_deuce, 204guy, 25 invisible), 1,828 guests, and 1,099 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,756
Posts18,476,362
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.