Hop To
#4616344 11/21/10
U
UKdave Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
U

What is the differance between "Helly Tech" and "Impertech".
I cant find anything that explains it,but I understand that the AK fellas seem to rate it.

Canada by choice, British by Blood

People think there's a rigid class system here, but dukes have been known to marry chorus girls. Some have even married Americans.

HRH Prince Phillip

GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
My understanding from many years back was that impertech was impervious to the elements, a PVC suit.
Helly Tech is Helly Hansen's waterproof/breathable material used in other garments.

Keep Smiling
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I don't think thats the case.. IIRC impertech is a high tech fabric, probably changed names would be my guess. The PVC stuff thats just a stout rubber rain gear can't be impertech because an impertech top is 100 bucks or so, and regular tops are 30-40...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
the impertech i have is light, stretchy, and conforms to your shape very well, it is very thin. it is not fleece but is quiet, even though it looks like rubber from a distance.

wore it elk hunting this year in single digit temps and did not get the frozen layer of ice from sweat condensation that you get with rubber. it did not get stiff like rubber or pvc either. i am still amazed.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
The materials used should be on the garment tag.

Mine says:
Face: 100% polyurethane
Backing: 100% polyester

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

U
UKdave Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
U
This is exactly what I have been finding,nobody knows for sure,I have (wife) got a tel # so will give thm a call.

Thanks for your time

People think there's a rigid class system here, but dukes have been known to marry chorus girls. Some have even married Americans.

HRH Prince Phillip

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dave,

Not sure what you want it for, but have you looked at the Flexothane

These are marketed as work wear and are popular with farmers, foresters and other outdoor workers, but they are also used by wildfowlers and fishermen..

Regards,

Peter

Last edited by Pete E; 11/22/10.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Dave

Post it on the AK forum instead... I think you will get more feedback there.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rost495
I don't think thats the case.. IIRC impertech is a high tech fabric, probably changed names would be my guess. The PVC stuff thats just a stout rubber rain gear can't be impertech because an impertech top is 100 bucks or so, and regular tops are 30-40...

Yes it is the case. Ironbender hit the nail on the head. It's polyester underneath, with a stretchable polyurethane outer layer. It's the only choice if you want 100% water proof. It is NOT breathable, tho.

I got the new set that comes in camo...$99.00 top, $79.00 pants. Prices probably have changed since I bought mine last year, tho.

Originally Posted by archie_james_c
I should have just
bought a [bleep] T3...

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
So impertech is different than helly tech?

I know that neither of them is the heavy PVC "rubber" that most folks are used to.

Jeff

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by UKdave

What is the differance between "Helly Tech" and "Impertech".
I cant find anything that explains it,but I understand that the AK fellas seem to rate it.

Helly Tech combines nylon with a microporous coating that makes it waterproof, windproof and breathable.

Helly Impertech is PU-coated knit polyester with a polyester backing that makes it 100% waterproof, stretchable up to 200%, durable, supple and noiseless in extreme heat or cold. Impertech has a long and outstanding track record. If you need tough rain gear for continuous hunting in foul weather, it's hard to beat Impertech.

Best:)

Last edited by GaryVA; 11/23/10.

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood
U
UKdave Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
U
OK, in its simplest form, GaryVA and others have got it, I am looking for somthing like Goretex and I kept coming up with Helly Tech, but had seen on the AK forum rave reviews about Impertech.
Im going to give a helly tech jacket a go (In white) for some snow hunting

HRH Prince Phillip

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Is this snow unusually wet that you will hunt in ? I've always found that a simple water repellant, soft shell plenty for hunting, etc. in the snow. It's rarely wet like rain. For rain, you need waterproof as a rule. E

U
UKdave Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
U
It will normally be below in the evening/night but above in the day without rain, so yes the snow will usually be "wet"

HRH Prince Phillip

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (219DW, 1OntarioJim, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 163bc, 51 invisible), 1,715 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,108
Posts18,522,625
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.