Print Thread
Hop To
D
DMB Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
We had a situation with a Supreme Court Justice who had taken a recorder into the Supreme Court Chambers, and recorded SC proceedings without the knowledge of the other Justices, or their agreement (which they never would have agreed to).
So, the Justice unilaterally decided to do something that is fundamentally wrong, and continues to defend her actions to this date, without ever admitting that she did something wrong. Yes, this Justice can't distinguish between right and wrong, and then act appropriately (by doing the right thing; not use the recorder...), responsibly by doing what she did, and she was making decisions in the highest court in the state of Michigan. The distinction between right and wrong is as fundamental to all law, I can't see how this person ever got a law license, and further, was a Judge, followed by her election to our Supreme Court... UNBELIEVABLE...
Don

http://www.upnorthlive.com/news/story.aspx?id=544539

Michigan Supreme Court rebukes former Justice Weaver
Posted: 11.22.2010 at 2:35 PM

DETROIT (AP) -- Five members of the Michigan Supreme Court have rebuked a former justice who secretly recorded and released internal court discussions.
The Nov. 17 letter to Elizabeth Weaver says, "It is truly a sad day when this Court is forced to censure a former colleague."

During the recent election season, Weaver disclosed that she had secretly recorded her fellow justices in 2006 while discussing cases during a conference call.

In October, she released a transcript to reveal that Justice Robert Young Jr. had used the N-word. Weaver and Young were foes on the court. Young, who is black, acknowledged using the racial slur but said he was simply quoting a disgraced former Detroit-area judge.

Weaver quit the court in August. A message seeking comment was left for her Monday.

You can read more details about the issue by clicking: http://www.freep.com/article/201011...n-Supreme-Court--justices-censure-Weaver

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I think the 'N' word is appropriate for former Justice Weaver.

Sam......

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Wait, I thought it was okay for blacks to use the N-word... they damned sure do it all the time. So, is it only okay, when the left says it's okay?

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Wait, I thought it was okay for blacks to use the N-word... they damned sure do it all the time.

It's OK unless you're an Uncle Tom.

(can I say that? See, I'm white...)

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
I do love how we can't even type the damned word. It's in the freakin' dictionary, but we can't even type it?

Complete and utter PC bullshit.

IC B2

D
DMB Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
If I got the story straight, Justice Young was quoting some quarter horsepower Judge in Detroit who used the "N" word; Bob Young wasn't calling someone by the "N" word.

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by DMB
If I got the story straight, Justice Young was quoting some quarter horsepower Judge in Detroit who used the "N" word; Bob Young wasn't calling someone by the "N" word.

What the hell difference does it make whether he was quoting or not?

D
DMB Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by DMB

Exactly. But, Weaver tried using that as a means of discrediting Bob Young, who is pro 2nd Amdt, and a Republican. I voted for him a couple of weeks ago.
Guess what party Weaver belongs to, and what her views are on guns, etc???

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by DMB
Originally Posted by DMB

Exactly. But, Weaver tried using that as a means of discrediting Bob Young, who is pro 2nd Amdt, and a Republican. I voted for him a couple of weeks ago.
Guess what party Weaver belongs to, and what her views are on guns, etc???

She's just pissed because the description fit the person in the case, and likely her as well.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
one of the great victories of the PC crusade has been to make n*gger a radioactive word for whites, while it is probably one of the ten most used words by low class blacks.

I mean literally, you can't go stand in a Popeye's line in New Orleans and get your damn chicken without hearing a couple of N bombs dropped either by the customers or the staff.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
one of the great victories of the PC crusade has been to make n*gger a radioactive word for whites, while it is probably one of the ten most used words by low class blacks.

Certainly a cheap Marxist tactic. Why do we let them get away with it?
The only solution is to embrace the word and otherwise simply ignore it's usage.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
IIRC a former Suprem Court justice and former governor in MI went to jail for corruption? Swainson?

1B

Last edited by 1B; 11/23/10.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steve_NO

as I have oft opined, when you let the other side define the terms of the discussion, you have already lost.

Sam......

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

299 members (1Longbow, 1badf350, 163bc, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 32 invisible), 1,848 guests, and 1,045 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,214
Posts18,503,947
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.