Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
BobinNH Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
To Our European Members:

Business may have me spending time in France,about 1.5 hours outside Paris if the entire arrangement comes to pass....and I've been informed of the existence of hunting "leases" on the property where I will be staying...

I am curious and wonder what types of hunting opportunities may exist there(?)

Thanks for any information any one can provide. smile

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
GB1

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
hunting in France? :? that smelly country doesnt have any game, they all hightailed ass away from the stink. either that or it will be so easy to walk up to them cause you dont stink and use a knife. . . . . damn frogs!

MFK Game Calls Pro-Staff and Western USA Sales Rep
"Made for Killing" www.MFKGameCalls.com

Call 'em, KILL 'em, Stack 'em
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That was helpful..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
B
BobinNH Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
That was helpful..

Rancho: Yeah, huh? grin Class act don't ya think? crazy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Depending where you are in France, I would guess the most likely game available will be Roe Red or wild boar..In Europe there is usually a fair amount of red tape around hunting, so you'd need to do your research carefully. The other noteable thing about France is they don't allow military calibers..

From the little I know, the whole thing is a bit hit and miss as I've heard of some folks getting turned back with a .308win while others have been let in..I guess its why the 7x64mm is so popular of there!

IC B2

B
BobinNH Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Thanks Pete! I figured there were boars somewhere in the mix.The roe deer would be interesting animals to me.

I have no plans to bring a rifle myself,if I go(January), but thank you for that info....I had no plans to hunt,yet but you never know because the opportunity could be open to me.

I wonder if there is any birdhunting? And what species might be there.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Main big games in France are roe deer, wild boar and red stag but depending on the area you can find mufflon, chamoix or fallow deer.

Bird hunting and small game: hare, rabbit, pheasant, grey partridge, red partridge, woodcock, ducks, geeses and many many birds available only in France.

Va t'in tch�re !
B
BobinNH Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
grand veneur: Thank you! Interesting....I am curious now of what I might see there.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
1.5 hours outside Paris, in which direction ?

Va t'in tch�re !
B
BobinNH Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I am not sure yet..... confused This is all I know so far...

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Can't use any army rounds in France.No 30-06, 7-57, 303 Brit ect.For you Bob you can take my STW.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The French are very keen small game hunters, and they can make a festival out of hare and rabbit hunting. Take advantage of the opportunity. The lunch and after hunt feast are more important than the hunt. Wild boar and roe deer are plentiful.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BobinNH
I am not sure yet..... confused This is all I know so far...

It could be useful to know ... Even Brussels is 1.5 Hours away from Paris with the train grin

Va t'in tch�re !
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Forget hunting. Go to Liege, Belgium for the Musee de'Arms, the chocolate and the beer. Don't miss the beer. Mike

Leave the gun, take the canolis.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Why choose when it's possible to get everything ? grin

Va t'in tch�re !
B
BobinNH Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Guys, thanks for all the input! I'm looking forward to seeing what becomes available over there,and if things go as planned my first trip will be sometime in January.

I will most definately pay a lot of attention to the food and the beer.I was a bit surprised to learn that there is a great deal of agricultural land there;that the cities are crowded but lots of openspace in the country.

Boars and roe deer sound very cool!

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I was impressed by all the agricultural land in France as well. We traveled to France from England and Belgium and then from Paris to Normandy and it reminded me of Indiana and Michigan at times.

Enjoy the beer especially a fresh Kronenbourg and the Dutch and Belgium beers. Don't forget the wines and I would suggest a wine tasting.

Enjoy France, I was pleasantly surprised. If you have any questions feel free to pm.

ddj

Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back. - Robert Ruark
B
BobinNH Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
trouthunter Thanks! i will for sure keep eyes peeled for the wine and food....I owuld like to kill something and cook it....the European folks understand that stuff real well, I guess. smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BobinNH
trouthunter Thanks! i will for sure keep eyes peeled for the wine and food....I owuld like to kill something and cook it....the European folks understand that stuff real well, I guess. smile

They do. Keep in mind that in most of Europe and in the UK that game can still be sold for the market. I had a venison burger at a pub in northern UK last trip that was very good. Went back and talked to the cook and it had come from a hunt in Scotland. He thought the heather diet made them better. It was different than most US venison, much more like Axis deer, and very good.

So, play your card right and at least you get to eat some game over there.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by DesertGhost
hunting in France? :? that smelly country doesnt have any game, they all hightailed ass away from the stink. either that or it will be so easy to walk up to them cause you dont stink and use a knife. . . . . damn frogs!

I rather enjoyed my short time in France. Folks in Paris are no different than our NY yankee brethren. smile
It's attitudes like this that make us look bad and visitors to be closed minded.

Hope you're able to get out and do a hunt for whatever game. I'd be interested in a followup to you excursion and hear how your hunt went and your thoughts on the 'after hunt'.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 73 invisible), 2,284 guests, and 1,148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,672
Posts18,513,175
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.