Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Which is better? Why?

Treestands don't demand. Treestands don't complain.
Treestands simply ask me to sit down and listen.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Cabelas. Cuzz I said so

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Cabelas, cause Steelie said so.....grin

maddog

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Bass Pro is AA ball, Cabelas is Big Leagues.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Cabelas. Cuzz I said so

HA! smile

Treestands don't demand. Treestands don't complain.
Treestands simply ask me to sit down and listen.
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Yeah, gotta go with Cabelas.

μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
cabelas, no comparison

There are fools and damn fools, which one are you?
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Cabelas by a lightyear.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Whichever is closer. At home, that means Cabelas. Down here, in this SoCal hellhole, I guess it would be Bass Pro. Don't think either hold a candle to the late, lamented Lock Stock and Barrel for components and reloading gear, though.

But Steelhead does make a compelling argument...

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Bass Pro is first and foremost a clothing store.
Secondly, a fishing tackle shop - at least that fits their name.
Then an archery shop.
Lastly are guns and ammo. They really lag behind in this area.

Cabela's has a certain personal cool factor for me that stems from mail ordering stuff as a kid. Cabela's, Herter's, and Gander Mountain will always have great and special meaning to me.

Also, I got sick and tired of an annual stop at the Springfield Bass Pro that always kicked off our spring trout fishing trip.

Have a good day man. In honor of personal freedom and the open squirrel season, I think I'll go put a hole through dinner's head.
IC B3

H
H
Bass pro is like dollar general and cabelas is like wal-mart. Really and truly both have their pros and cons. For the most part they are just a place for companies to sell directly to the public. I imagine most items come directly from the supplier and these stores just get a cut for them to use their website.

Procrastination is like masturbation. At first it feels good, but in the end you're only screwing yourself. Monty Python
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Every time I order from Cabelas I tell them to never open a store in California because then I would have to pay almost 10% sales tax.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Ditto with New York. Cabelas was in negotiations to open a store about 15 miles from the house. That might have been trouble grin

Last edited by nyrifleman; 12/04/10.

“Factio democratica delenda est"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Cabelas - the prices are actually cheaper than bass pro on most items - the selection for hunting is bigger

AZCOUES___Border Rat Clan
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

bass pro has been seriously edging in on cabelas here in KC in terms of what it sells the most of. BUT cabelas is still better, al - be -it further away from the general population.
Cabelas is at the race track 15+ miles further than basspro.

this makes cabelas a "big item" run vs. picking up what I'm missing run.

Cabelas the store locally also often doesn't have things that you want in stock, you can't call and get anyone from the floor to answer your questions without waiting 5+ minutes on the phone so it makes doing a "big run" kind of sucky.

Cabelas is still holding an edge on the bigger ticket items, and some of the rifles / guns, and camping equipment - especially food prep.

Spot

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Cabelas for buyin' stuff.

BP for the indoor pistol range.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
+1 for me..never seen a place so dimly lit as Bass Pro..maybe that's the contractor in me coming out but damn you can't hardly see the fishin tackle after dark!!!Told one of the salesmen the last time in they should furnish flashlights when you walk in the door!!!

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Spotshooter

bass pro has been seriously edging in on cabelas here in KC in terms of what it sells the most of. BUT cabelas is still better, al - be -it further away from the general population.
Cabelas is at the race track 15+ miles further than basspro.

this makes cabelas a "big item" run vs. picking up what I'm missing run.

Cabelas the store locally also often doesn't have things that you want in stock, you can't call and get anyone from the floor to answer your questions without waiting 5+ minutes on the phone so it makes doing a "big run" kind of sucky.

Cabelas is still holding an edge on the bigger ticket items, and some of the rifles / guns, and camping equipment - especially food prep.

Spot
Now, now Spotshooter, Cabela's isn't really out of the major population centers. There's plenty of folks live in Obama-voting Wyandotte County, just not all uh, for lack of a better term, "white".

I still can't believe there are two BPS' and a Cabela's in KC Metro. This plus numerous Dick's and even Sports Authority. When I was a kid in the sixties and seventies, there was Don Brashear's Bass Pro Shop over in Raytown and Finke's Tackle down near KU Med Center. I went to school with Finke's kid. Other than K Mart and Grandpa's(?), that was it. Of course back then, Sears carried a full line of guns. I can't see how KC will ever support three superstores.

Anyway, I will cast a dissenting vote for BPS. I live between KC and Tulsa, but closer to KC. When we come to town, it is a fair trip. We used to go to Cabela's a lot, but more and more, I find myself just stopping in Olathe at Bass Pro or going way over to Independence to the same. Cabela's does take used guns on trade, but they rob you so badly that you might as well buy outright. In Tulsa, you've only got Academy competing with BPS and they're not much competition.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bass pro cuz its closer and I got gift cards?

A lap dance is sooooo much better when the stripper is crying

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

161 members (2UP, 44mc, 264mag, 338rcm, 2500HD, 18 invisible), 1,611 guests, and 1,067 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,960
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.