Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 25 26
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by nemesis
Originally Posted by Enrique

Palin is too far right and we all know too far to one side is never good.

It all depends on where you a looking from doesn't it?

If you are looking from the far left........then sure, Sarah Palin appears to be "far right."

But if you are looking from the "right".............(as every good Conservative should be) then Sarah appears to be just perfect!

It's all a matter of perspective don't ya' see?

Sarah Palin is a champion of smaller, less intrusive government, is pro business, does not believe in wealth redistribution, is a hunter and fisherman and strongly supports gun rights and the Second Ammendment.

She is a good administrator and has demonstrated her belief in God and family and actively opposes the wholesale slaughter of the unborn that is currently going on in this country.

What more could a true Conservative ask for in a candidate for the Presidency.

Huh?

Brains...experience... for starters.

How about some examples of Sarah Palin's lack of intelligence (or brains as you put it) and while you're at it, please share with us what "experience" you feel is necessary for the job of POTUS.

Thanks.........

GB1

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
If you neo-cons merge any farther to the right you head will be stuck up your AS$

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Don't get me wrong, I like Palin. I think she is good for the conservative movement but can't when against Obama. Her and McCain got beat once already by him. I think she was one of the big reason Obama won.
She will get all of the conservative vote (including mine if she got the nod), but won't get all of the moderate vote espeacially the left leaning moderates, won't get all of the "don't have a clue vote" and I am sure she will get none of the liberal vote because they hate her more than they are mad at Obama. The liberals do not want a Woman that is anti abortion, pro gun and pro family in the white house. That being said I am sure if she did get the nod the Dems that didn't show up to vote this year will show up in 2012 just to make sure she didn't win. The district lines will help us in the house and senate but I don't see it doing much for the POTUS election except cali and other lib states losing votes.

If this was a perfect world, your numbers would put her in no doubt, but since its not and her getting the nod would bring out the left, it would be too close to call and I think she gets beat.

To get rid of Obama in 2012, we need a moderate conservative (if there is such a thing) that can draw some votes from the left, but still conservative enough to keep the conservative values and fire up the conservative base while not pi$$ing off the left moderates too much to hopefully get the votes from those angry at Obama. Palin can't do that.

Just my opinion and I hope I am wrong, but if she gets the nod I see 4 more years of Dem controlled white house regardless if its Obama or Hilary. Unless the Dem primary race is so ugly and brutal that they destroy each other to the point the party falls apart which would be nice!

Thanks for the constructive thoughts.

We be disagreeing on a couple of things�

The success of strong conservatives like Reagan winning landslide elections vs. middle roaders like Bush almost losing to Gore.

I don�t know about the conservative record of Gov Jan Brewer, but you have to look at the blond hair to tell her from Gov. Sarah Palin on the Border issues. Sarah has backed Jan all the way.

�It�s time for Americans across this great country to stand up and say, �We�re all Arizonans now,� � Palin said. �And in clear unity we say, �Mr. President, do your job. Secure our borders.� � Sarah Palin May 15, 2010

And there are Alaskans here on Campfire that say Gov. Palin�s record was not conservative enough! That she also raised taxes.

Your point about needing all those votes from the middle is well taken.

Ron Reagan did it by reaching out OVER and bypassing the MSM-the big three networks news in those days-and reaching folks directly.

As I point out in my OP-this is what Palin is doing under the new rules of the game.

This week our little point guard in on the cover of Time and tonight-on the Barbara Walters Top 10 Show.
This weekend she is supposed to go to Haiti with Franklin Graham and his relief organization Samaritan�s Purse.

And for the Gravitas crowd-a new piece in the Wall Street Journal on why she supports the Ryan Roadmap.

The Beat goes on�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nem,

She did a great job of making an a$$ out of herself to everyone but the extreme right.
The bridge to nowhere thing didn't help her any. He daughter doesn't help. Her debates didn't do much for her. Kinda sad when you make Joe Biden look smart.
I am a strong conservative and have strong conservative beliefs. I am very far right. Palin is beyond right. I gotta call it how I see it and I see it that she can't win. AZ gov Brewer has a better chance because she has experience that Palin lacks and I even think she couldn't win.

Experience in more than being mayor of a tiny town, experience in more than being a partial term Gov., Experience in world issues, Experience in what is going on in the lower 48 states. Smart enough to not stick her foot in her mouth. Smart enough to lead this great country without training wheels. We already see with Obama what inexperience can do to this country. And we want more inexperience?

She is very great to us who are pro gun, pro outdoors, anti abortion, pro God, Pro Country. I like the lady. But I don't think she is good enough to win. She should have stayed governor and got some more experience and learned some stuff and proven how conservative she really is. Maybe then she could have gained the experience to be POTUS.

Enrique O. Ramirez
CLAN OF THE BORDER RATS - Member

"..faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.." Hebrews 11:1
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
�And in clear unity we say, �Mr. President, do your job. Secure our borders.� � Sarah Palin May 15, 2010

That's a nice soundbite, but if Palin is serious about being President, it would be preferrable for her to plainly declare that, if elected, she would secure the border and describe exactly how she would do it.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bow,

I hope you are right on this. Very well written post!
Ron Reagan was a great leader. Palin is no Reagan. Do you think she can be in action other than words?

Enrique O. Ramirez
CLAN OF THE BORDER RATS - Member

"..faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.." Hebrews 11:1
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nem,

She did a great job of making an a$$ out of herself to everyone but the extreme right.

And how did she do that pray tell??

The bridge to nowhere thing didn't help her any.

I agree, from what I've read, that issue was not handled well.

Her daughter doesn't help.

She had no control over that situation and you know it!

Her debates didn't do much for her. Kinda sad when you make Joe Biden look smart.

Most accounts say that she did pretty well against Joe Biden considering that he was a six term Senator and former chairman of the Foreign Relations and Senate Judiciary Committees.

I am a strong conservative and have strong conservative beliefs. I am very far right. Palin is beyond right.

What do you mean by that?

What has she said that indicates she is "beyond right"??

I gotta call it how I see it and I see it that she can't win. AZ gov Brewer has a better chance because she has experience that Palin lacks and I even think she couldn't win.

What "experience" does Jan Brewer have that Palin lacks and how will it help her as President?

Experience in more than being mayor of a tiny town, experience in more than being a partial term Gov., Experience in world issues, Experience in what is going on in the lower 48 states. Smart enough to not stick her foot in her mouth. Smart enough to lead this great country without training wheels. We already see with Obama what inexperience can do to this country. And we want more inexperience?

Baloney!!

She is very great to us who are pro gun, pro outdoors, anti abortion, pro God, Pro Country. I like the lady. But I don't think she is good enough to win. She should have stayed governor and got some more experience and learned some stuff and proven how conservative she really is. Maybe then she could have gained the experience to be POTUS.

There is no "experience" that qualifies one to be POTUS because it's the only job of it's kind in the world.

Common sense, strong character, the ability to know right from wrong and the will power to stand by one's decisions have more to do with the success of a President than all the "experience" in the world.

These are the qualities one should look for in a leader.

As someone once said "a person can have 20 years of experience or one year of experience twenty times."

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
Originally Posted by

[/quote

Bowsinger:

Lets just look at the easy stuff: You have a starting QB who has a record pulling him/herself out of the game when he/she receives a hard. Your QB complains that they are being mean to me! 4 years later the same QB now wants to be elevated to the coach position, what does your gut tell you about this quitter? Will they be there when the press starts ti be mean to the QB/Coach?

I love sport metaphors!

Not Quilifed by history of quitting. Understand now?

Of all the sound solid reasons why Governor Palin resigned that have been posted here on the �Fire-over and over again-this is the best�

Someone named Jesse Cornish responded with this and I posted it here:

�That echoes a lot of mine own thoughts. Like any wise military commander, she retreated from an untenable position where she was simply getting pummeled and possessed little capability of striking back. She then regrouped and launched a counteroffensive that surprised an overconfident enemy who already thought they had won. She stands victorious and in a far stronger position to effect positive change and elect commonsense conservatives. She truly is warrior for the conservative cause and while others hunker in the trenches, protected from enemy fire, she braves no man�s land and storms the enemy lines.�

Well said-indeed.

Second place goes to:
�A Palin aide was quoted as saying Palin was "no longer able to do the job she had been elected to do. Essentially, the taxpayers were paying for Sarah to go to work every day and defend herself.�

Tied for second:
�Well she could have just stayed in office like Kerry, Clinton, Obama or Gore and took her pay for doing nothing like the others did. But maybe if you write a book travel around get a little exposure on you own dime and some private help rather than forcing the tax payer to pay the bill again. Hmm a novel idea one that scares the crap out of the left doing it on your own. No the lefty's want the free ride and this is chiding them too the bone.�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by luv2safari

Palin is too far right and we all know too far to one side is never good.

It all depends on where you a looking from doesn't it?

If you are looking from the far left........then sure, Sarah Palin appears to be "far right."

But if you are looking from the "right".............(as every good Conservative should be) then Sarah appears to be just perfect!

It's all a matter of perspective don't ya' see?

Sarah Palin is a champion of smaller, less intrusive government, is pro business, does not believe in wealth redistribution, is a hunter and fisherman and strongly supports gun rights and the Second Ammendment.

She is a good administrator and has demonstrated her belief in God and family and actively opposes the wholesale slaughter of the unborn that is currently going on in this country.

What more could a true Conservative ask for in a candidate for the Presidency.

Huh?

Brains...experience... for starters.

How about some examples of Sarah Palin's lack of intelligence (or brains as you put it) and while you're at it, please share with us what "experience" you feel is necessary for the job of POTUS.

Thanks.........

Something more than city government and quitting in mid-term as Gov...as experience.

I like Sarah, but I don't feel she has the knowledge and experience to survive in Washington or in a hostile and dangerous world.

She does have guts and determination. If she hadn't chickened out as Gov, and she had a better grasp of foreign policy I might consider her a viable candidate. She isn't yet ready...if ever.

Nominate someone who doesn't need on-the-job training. We're struggling through that problem right now.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One thing I think people should keep in mind amid all this harping on experience is Palin is more apt to surround herself with quality advisers than dingleBarry.

Anyone think that in his shoes she'd be listening to G Sorros or Mexico's president or Venezuela's or terrorists turned college professor or Pelosi or......... (ad infinitum)

Personally I don't believe the experience argument adds up to near the importance that many think it does. She can be brought up to speed on important issues as well as the history that brought things to their current point concerning them. Then she can be trusted to make decisions based on her long history common sense, strong character, knowing right from wrong and patriotism to country. Not so with Obama. Obviously.

On the job training works too. Pretty sure everyone agree she'd quickly roll up her sleeves and get right to work without giving it a second thought.

What's even better about her, as I've often said, is she'll get right after corruption on either side of the aisle, also without giving it a second thought. She has a history of going afterr such with a fervor! Certainly nothing to fault about that, now is there. It'd be a refreshing and welcomed change. Yes it would.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's the same ol same crap they used against Reagan. They must have been right then too LOL.

NRA Lifetime Member
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B

Sorry-my Bad- I meant this as a reply to luv2safari

So-there are some things in your post I don�t understand.

�She does have guts and determination� but Sarah �quitting in mid-term as Gov�
and �chickened out as Gov�

?????

Maybe-just maybe-to use your own words-Sarah had good reasons and did the smart thing-the right thing for Alaska and her family.
And the nation-did you notice her role in the 2010 election?

$500,000 in legal bills in just one year to defend yourself against nothing but crap?
Way past time to change the rules and I started this thread about how Sarah understands and is doing quite well using all the new rules of the game.

So-what part of my previous post about �quitting� didn�t you/don�t you understand?

Let me try again and add one more quote:

�When Palin returned to Alaska after the 2008 campaign, she confronted three problems. The political coalition on which she had based her governorship -- a combination of Democrats and renegade "Palinista" Republicans -- had, needless to say, collapsed. Her critics were using Alaska's tough ethics laws to launch investigations into her behavior, sapping her finances and her energy. Finally, every time she traveled to the Lower 48, Alaskans criticized her for putting her political interests above the state's.
Palin's solution was to resign. Her agenda stood a better chance of passing if then-Lt. Gov. Sean Parnell, who shared Palin's goals, succeeded her as governor. As a private citizen, meanwhile, Palin could make enough money to pay her legal bills. And she would no longer be accused of neglecting her official duties.�

Last edited by BOWSINGER; 12/11/10.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
So-there are some other things in your post I don�t understand.

If Governor Palin is writing all those Ed-Op columns about foreign policy and everything else for the WSJ and others�and the Editors all say she is writing the gist of it herself�with less professional writing help than most of the politicians that appear under their banner�did you read about Sarah�s speech in Hong Kong last year?

Why is Sarah the one not ready and needs on-the-job training?
Show me a contender that is more ready and please show me why you think so.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
It's the same ol same crap they used against Reagan. They must have been right then too LOL.

Reagan has DECADES of experience over Sarah (as governor and in the Screen Actors Guild negotiating with hardened businessmen).

Margaret Thatcher also was seasoned warrior.

Sarah is talented. That is not Enough. She need several seasons working with the Legislature, Executive agencies, and businesses to be POTUS, though.

BMT

Last edited by BMT; 12/11/10.

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Bristoe
“And in clear unity we say, ‘Mr. President, do your job. Secure our borders.’ ” Sarah Palin May 15, 2010

That's a nice soundbite, but if Palin is serious about being President, it would be preferrable for her to plainly declare that, if elected, she would secure the border and describe exactly how she would do it.

Here is another nice sound bite for Bristoe.

E-mail question from TIME's Jay Newton-Small to Sarah Palin:

What do you think of Obama's presidency thus far?

�Two words: Jimmy Carter.�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Bristoe
“And in clear unity we say, ‘Mr. President, do your job. Secure our borders.’ ” Sarah Palin May 15, 2010

Here is another nice sound bite for Bristoe.

E-mail question from TIME's Jay Newton-Small to Sarah Palin:

What do you think of Obama's presidency thus far?

�Two words: Jimmy Carter.�

Slamming the opposition is easy for anybody in politics because the situation sucks and has for quite some time.

The question I want answered from Palin and anyone else who throws their hat in the ring is:

What-are-you-going-to-do?

And like the man on the game show says, "Be specific please".

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
So-there are some other things in your post I don�t understand.

If Governor Palin is writing all those Ed-Op columns about foreign policy and everything else for the WSJ and others�and the Editors all say she is writing the gist of it herself�with less professional writing help than most of the politicians that appear under their banner�did you read about Sarah�s speech in Hong Kong last year?

Why is Sarah the one not ready and needs on-the-job training?
Show me a contender that is more ready and please show me why you think so.

Palin could not find Hong Kong on a map!

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
With over 25 months to go before the next president is sworn in office and nobody-even you-knowing just how bad things may be by then�but all of us agreeing it ain�t looking good�all a private citizen without vote or veto except on election day-including Sarah Palin-can do is voice specific opinion and recommendations..

Everything that Obama and the Democratic Congress have done or tried to do-Palin has answered with chapter & verse.

Tons of stuff on Obamacare and what a good healthcare plan should be.
Tons of stuff on other stuff�

On the Border and illegal immigration-Sarah has specifically backed Gov. Jan Brewer and Gov. Perry. What else can a private citizen or even a Governor of Alaska do?

Last week Palin specifically said that the extension of the unemployment benefits $150 B price tag to save the tax rates reductions-sucked. She would have voted against the deal-if she had a vote and she didn�t.

As for What-are-you-going-to-do about whatever-will-be on Jan. 20. 2012-Palin said this week on Time Magazine:

If you won the presidency what would be the first things you'd do in office?

�The first priority of the next Republican president should be to sign a bill for the repeal and replacement of Obamacare with true free-market, patient-centered reform. Obamacare's repeal would help to cut future deficits. It would also send a strong signal to America's workers and employers that government is back on their side and is no longer seeking to impose its one-size-fits-all "solutions" from above. Other priorities would obviously be a real plan for domestic energy development that doesn't ignore conventional resources while we actively pursue the next big breakthrough in renewable energy. I'd also look for entitlement reform, as well as a system-wide audit of government spending with a goal to move us toward zero-based budgeting practices and ultimately a balanced budget. We need to start really living within our means. As any mother or father will tell you, you don't spend what you don't have. And if the argument against this is that the government is too big and unruly to even consider such an audit, then I say that that alone is all the proof you need that our government has grown completely out of control and desperately needs to be reined in.�

As for the next day and afterwards-last week in Palin�s Op-Ed at the Wall Street Journal-she says while it ain�t perfect Rep. Paul Ryan�s Roadmap for America�s Future is the best she has seen so far�you may want to shoot the messenger-but Paul Ryan is specific.

Ryan will be looking for a new job in 2012 and Sarah may just have one for him.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by northwestalaska

Palin could not find Hong Kong on a map!

Hey dipschit.........

Sarah wants to say a couple of things to ya':

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BMT
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE

Reagan has DECADES of experience over Sarah (as governor and in the Screen Actors Guild negotiating with hardened businessmen).

Margaret Thatcher also was seasoned warrior.

Sarah is talented. That is not Enough. She need several seasons working with the Legislature, Executive agencies, and businesses to be POTUS, though.

BMT

Your right-Governor Reagan was 69 years old when he became President Reagan.

But his Screen Actors Guild experience negotiating with �hardened businessmen� seems a little thin compared to what Sarah did as head of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission.

O yeah, she had to resign �quit� that job too as Alaska State law barred Palin from speaking out publicly about ethical violations and corruption.

Then she joined forces with Attorney General Gregg Renkes-the FBI came in-and some big name Republicans went down the tubes.

Then as Governor she finished what she had started-got her oil and gas pipeline deal going again-and those tough hardened Big Oil businessmen never knew what hit them.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Page 3 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

632 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 60 invisible), 2,920 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,849
Posts18,478,465
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.