-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I carry a 3" 5-Shot 696 and a couple speedloaders most days. That right there gives me less firepower than most STANDARD (no such thing as High capacity) Semi-Autos with just their in gun payload. That's ok with me. I feel confident where I live with my choice.

I just bought my girlfriend a Ruger LCP 380 for Christmas. Given her job she absolutely cannot be caught carrying on a daily basis yet she needs to carry. I will give her credit she wanted a G23 till she thought about putting it in her purse. She shoots them all well.

I believe the first rule of a gunfight is have a gun. No. 2 would be get good with it and she is on her way.

Sean

"You shouldn't say it is not good. You should say you do not like it; and then, you know, you're perfectly safe." James Whistler
GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I'll be honest. My state requires me to be a "reluctant participant". I wonder what the judge would think if I was carrying a 1911 with three 10 rd magazines?
I carry a 642 with +P loads. If I can't stop a threat with five rounds of ammo I will start running! (If possible.)
whelennut

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by whelennut
I'll be honest. My state requires me to be a "reluctant participant". I wonder what the judge would think if I was carrying a 1911 with three 10 rd magazines?
I carry a 642 with +P loads. If I can't stop a threat with five rounds of ammo I will start running! (If possible.)
whelennut

What does 3 spare magazines have to do with being or not being a reluctant participant?

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
It might give someone the impression that you were looking forward to a gunfight, instead of trying to avoid one.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

And then of course, there's always the subject of bullet selection...................you really should read the FBI report on the Miami shooting, might open your eyes a bit.
MM

I have read it... multiple times. More a report on schitty shooting than anything else though.

All I'm saying is: if it ain't CNS... all bets are off. If you can't run the gun with proficiency... then caliber don't matter much. If you can run the gun... and put multiple rounds where they need to be (quickly)... then caliber don't matter much either.

I'd also encourage anyone who carries a pistol to find an IDPA match and go shoot it... you'll learn more about your personal ability to run your weapon, under defensive conditions, in those couple of hours (and only 100 rounds) than you can anywhere else in years. Unless of course you want to pay the dough and fly out to Front Sight (or some other similar facility).

+1

When I started shootind IDPA, I had been shooting all kinds of pistols for 25+ years, looked like an idiot trying to change magazines under pressure. Gun malfunctions are another entire issue, ammo malfunctions are another issue yet.

Most folks that have owned hand guns for many years are not prepared for a gun fight.

If you are serious about your self defense, you need to join IDPA and shoot regularly, and Glock has sponsored shoots that are fun and you can win guns.

IC B2

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by whelennut
It might give someone the impression that you were looking forward to a gunfight, instead of trying to avoid one.

Then they couldn't follow a trail of logic marked with fluorescent surveyors tape. Then why even carry, since they may think that you are looking for a fight

Since when has being prepared meant, looking for trouble???

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
It depends on who you get for a judge sometimes.

Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 219DW, 1234, 59 invisible), 2,522 guests, and 1,342 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,201
Posts18,485,216
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.