-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
John that was quiet a shot on Mr. Song Dog! I am impressed you bet and you made it look easy enough for even a guy like Big Stick to take part in the fun. Enjoyed the shooting video and the snow you were laying on.

Thank Our Veterans!
GOD Bless Them All

UNIONS BUILDING AMERICA, SALUTE ALL THE UNION TRADESMAN

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Big Stick
You gals are on a roll. I've a couple/few 223AI's setting now with over 2k rounds of '335 through them,since they've seen a patch.

Groovin' on the "normal" charge welding your schitt shut too!

Have a few 223AI tubes that'll hang an honest inch at the 500yd line,if the wind cooperates. Shoot it in (10) barrels so chambered and am awaiting the first sign of "weirdness".

Though admittedly,I know my way around a rifle,which is more than a few legs up on your ilk....................

Ya know, I am glad you have good luck with it..

but just because someone else doesn't experience the exact same results as you do, how do you figure it is productive all of a sudden slandering them?

I'm not knocking you for having good results with it.. so why do you have to knock me for having bad results, and picking something else?

I am not going to waste either of our time, getting into a pissing contest here..

I read your posts, and have enjoyed some of them.. I have never looked down negatively at you..

as "dumb" as you may think I suddenly am, because my experiences vary from yours.... well there are enough respected members here that know otherwise.. first hand. Not hypothesizing from Nowhere Alaska..

I know this may be a culture shock to you.. but folks OUTSIDE of Paradise Alaska city limits, are capable of being just as intelligent as folks INSIDE Paradise AK's city limits..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Pissing on a rock,never don't whelp a bitches curiousity.

Gotta grub,but I enjoy her stupidity................

If I buy a copy, will you autograph is for me?

Book

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Anyone have much luck with the H322 and the .204 caliber? I've been using Benchmark and Varget. smile

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ColdBore
Pissing on a rock,never don't whelp a bitches curiousity.

Gotta grub,but I enjoy her stupidity................

If I buy a copy, will you autograph is for me?

Book

I've often entertained a Book and it'd likely be Titled "In YOUR Wildest Dreams".

Poignant,ain't it...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
204 and H 322..

Yup, great luck....

just tested some the other day, behind a 26 grain Barnes HP..
3 shots gave me about a 6mm hole at 100 yds..

figured that would work come varmint season..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

I've often entertained a Book and it'd likely be Titled "In YOUR Wildest Dreams".

Poignant,ain't it............... [/quote]

We can see that YOU are YOUR biggest fan....

what's greater... your 'experience' or your Ego?

my money is on the EGO..

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm rather modest,given the experience................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
She'll do 1" at 500,in nice conditions................

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Stick,

Is that a A-2 you got that truck axle bolted into?

Bob

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A2. Barrel ain't nearly as heavy as it looks.

[Linked Image]

Though it's a CH bow heavy anyways..................(grin)

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
She'll do 1" at 500,in nice conditions................

So THAT'S the one you're going to use in your upcoming shoot off???

Or a different one of your "inch at 500 yards" rigs??

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You Day Dreamers crack me up................

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
To satiate more of ColdBore's Dreams.

'335 burners,all and a couple shoot fair to middlin'...............(grin)

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Coldbore,

Your "Artful Dodger" book autograph request is brilliant. ROFLMAO here.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
"what's greater... your 'experience' or your Ego?"

I wonder too.

Some guys have 20 years of experience.
Some guys have 6 months of experience they've repeated 40 times.

Some folks have something to say.
Some folks just have to say something.

Any guy getting 1" groups at 500 yards "in nice conditions" should be in BR competitions, he could easily blow the competition away at a measily 100 and 200 yards! (IF he could actually do that, even on a really GOOD day! wink )

Last edited by boomtube; 12/14/10.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I find that usually the BEST of the BEST are actually pretty Modest.

I love to hear folks share their experience and expertise, if they manage to do so in the spirit of the forum instead of it just being a vehicle to brag a lot..

The "Experienced" impress others by what they pass on to others.. not taunt everyone with " I'm WAY BETTER than any of you guys will ever be.."

And owning a bunch of spendy trendy rigs, doesn't make one an expert...

If Big STICK is as good as he claims.. then more power to him, and my hat's off to him in respect..

And I am interest in any words he'd have to say to the group..
but it boils down to how he says them...

showing pictures of a lot of guns or claiming to have burnt 150 or 1500 pounds of one type of powder, doesn't spell experience..

If someone can shoot 1 inch groups at 500 yds, well I have to see it... or hear it from a neutral party observing it..

heck with no credible witnesses, we all can shoot one inch groups at 500 yds... have a few more beers, and they can shoot 1/2 groups at a 1000...

kind of reminds me of watching three guys try to give advise on women to one of their young friends who was having problems with his girlfriend... I really had to laugh when one guy stood up and bragged the other guys knew nothing about women.. this guy knew it all about women.. he'd been married three times!

it passed threw my mind: You guys don't know a thing about driving cars... I have totaled THREE CARS..I can tell you all you want to know about driving cars!!!...

Kinda reminds me of Big Stick's Modesty here...

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
You gals are on a roll. I've a couple/few 223AI's setting now with over 2k rounds of '335 through them,since they've seen a patch.

Do we have a new "Varmint Guy" on this forum, now?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Seafire
I find that usually the BEST of the BEST are actually pretty Modest.

I love to hear folks share their experience and expertise, if they manage to do so in the spirit of the forum instead of it just being a vehicle to brag a lot..

The "Experienced" impress others by what they pass on to others.. not taunt everyone with " I'm WAY BETTER than any of you guys will ever be.."

And owning a bunch of spendy trendy rigs, doesn't make one an expert...

If Big STICK is as good as he claims.. then more power to him, and my hat's off to him in respect..

And I am interest in any words he'd have to say to the group..
but it boils down to how he says them...

showing pictures of a lot of guns or claiming to have burnt 150 or 1500 pounds of one type of powder, doesn't spell experience..

If someone can shoot 1 inch groups at 500 yds, well I have to see it... or hear it from a neutral party observing it..

heck with no credible witnesses, we all can shoot one inch groups at 500 yds... have a few more beers, and they can shoot 1/2 groups at a 1000...

kind of reminds me of watching three guys try to give advise on women to one of their young friends who was having problems with his girlfriend... I really had to laugh when one guy stood up and bragged the other guys knew nothing about women.. this guy knew it all about women.. he'd been married three times!

it passed threw my mind: You guys don't know a thing about driving cars... I have totaled THREE CARS..I can tell you all you want to know about driving cars!!!...

Kinda reminds me of Big Stick's Modesty here...

One inch 3 shot groups are very doable. I do not know how often stick can bunch em up that tight. I have shot and seen others shoot numerous 600 yard 5 shot groups in the .900 ish ctc groups shooting f class. Only problem is we are not shooting for groups, just score. You just put the pasters closer together and repair the spotter more often. I hate it when they bust the spindles that hold the spotters. Not only does it rip a huge hole in the target but it can get dangerous.....always wear you eye protection in the pits. The best 600 yard 3 shot group I ever saw was .470 ish ctc, but it was shot by a guy who is very accomplished. My best 3 shot 600 yard group measured very near to .78. Strangely my smallest 800 yard 3 shot group measure very close to my smallest 600 yard group, but it was just an anomaly.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I was pulling targets at an F/Class team match I don't remember who the shooters were, but Mid Tompkins was the coach calling winds and his shooters were shooting the heck out of the spotting disk they hit the spindle a couple of times at 900 IIRC.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (1minute, 160user, 21, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 1Longbow, 56 invisible), 2,669 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,855
Posts18,478,502
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.