Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Coldbore,

Your "Artful Dodger" book autograph request is brilliant. ROFLMAO here.

Not nearly as funny as you punting.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EddyBo
Originally Posted by Seafire
I find that usually the BEST of the BEST are actually pretty Modest.

I love to hear folks share their experience and expertise, if they manage to do so in the spirit of the forum instead of it just being a vehicle to brag a lot..

The "Experienced" impress others by what they pass on to others.. not taunt everyone with " I'm WAY BETTER than any of you guys will ever be.."

And owning a bunch of spendy trendy rigs, doesn't make one an expert...

If Big STICK is as good as he claims.. then more power to him, and my hat's off to him in respect..

And I am interest in any words he'd have to say to the group..
but it boils down to how he says them...

showing pictures of a lot of guns or claiming to have burnt 150 or 1500 pounds of one type of powder, doesn't spell experience..

If someone can shoot 1 inch groups at 500 yds, well I have to see it... or hear it from a neutral party observing it..

heck with no credible witnesses, we all can shoot one inch groups at 500 yds... have a few more beers, and they can shoot 1/2 groups at a 1000...

kind of reminds me of watching three guys try to give advise on women to one of their young friends who was having problems with his girlfriend... I really had to laugh when one guy stood up and bragged the other guys knew nothing about women.. this guy knew it all about women.. he'd been married three times!

it passed threw my mind: You guys don't know a thing about driving cars... I have totaled THREE CARS..I can tell you all you want to know about driving cars!!!...

Kinda reminds me of Big Stick's Modesty here...

One inch 3 shot groups are very doable. I do not know how often stick can bunch em up that tight. I have shot and seen others shoot numerous 600 yard 5 shot groups in the .900 ish ctc groups shooting f class. Only problem is we are not shooting for groups, just score. You just put the pasters closer together and repair the spotter more often. I hate it when they bust the spindles that hold the spotters. Not only does it rip a huge hole in the target but it can get dangerous.....always wear you eye protection in the pits. The best 600 yard 3 shot group I ever saw was .470 ish ctc, but it was shot by a guy who is very accomplished. My best 3 shot 600 yard group measured very near to .78. Strangely my smallest 800 yard 3 shot group measure very close to my smallest 600 yard group, but it was just an anomaly.

It is a fair correlation,to denote that great wares,are reliably capable of great results. They only folks who think shooting is "hard",is folks that don't shoot.

Typical outing..................

[Linked Image]

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Big Stick

One inch 3 shot groups are very doable. I do not know how often stick can bunch em up that tight. I have shot and seen others shoot numerous 600 yard 5 shot groups in the .900 ish ctc groups shooting f class. Only problem is we are not shooting for groups, just score. You just put the pasters closer together and repair the spotter more often. I hate it when they bust the spindles that hold the spotters. Not only does it rip a huge hole in the target but it can get dangerous.....always wear you eye protection in the pits. The best 600 yard 3 shot group I ever saw was .470 ish ctc, but it was shot by a guy who is very accomplished. My best 3 shot 600 yard group measured very near to .78. Strangely my smallest 800 yard 3 shot group measure very close to my smallest 600 yard group, but it was just an anomaly. [/quote]

It is a fair correlation,to denote that great wares,are reliably capable of great results. They only folks who think shooting is "hard",is folks that don't shoot.

Typical outing..................

[Linked Image] [/quote]

Ya forgot your favorite Ralphie:

[Linked Image]

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There's Red Ryders and RWS's at the house,as well as a Chickmunks too.

Though in fairness,I don't suffer too many empty slots in the larder..................

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
*** You are ignoring this user ***

Modern technology is great, isn't it?

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You are a victim of both your "intellect" and "experience" and only you,can prevent you...from saying something stupid.

I can only getcha to the water.................

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Hey Seafire that really works.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dangwheresmypopcorn.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Them that don't/can't,reliably punt.

Don't take much popcorn for that fruition to realize,though I getta kick outta the gals trying to imagine their first [bleep] clue...................

Chrome Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Don't mean to change the subject, I sighted in my .223 SPS Tactical today with the 45 grain blue XLT backed by H-322.

I'm getting 3,340 fps out of the 20" barrel and I only had time to shoot a couple of groups. It averaged .5" at 100 yds.

Went hunting this evening and shot a fat little doe in the upper brisket at 75 yards.

I've got her hanging tonight and will cut her up in the morning, hoping I can find the bullet.....

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by plainsman456
Hey Seafire that really works.

Yeah real well..

on every one of his posts, all I see is:

You are ignoring this pompous selfcentered butthead user.

What a refreshing concept...

Besides, Big Stick doesn't need any of us... he is the biggest Rambo on the internet... he's the world's greatest.. and keeps reminding us all of that, in ALL of his posts...

I meet enough knowITalls locally, I don't need to know of another one from Alaska of all places...

I bet he constantly wonders how we all gone along in life without him...

Last edited by Seafire; 12/16/10.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Admittedly,I'm more than a whole bunch good...but you already knowed that.

You is in well over your head,not that it takes much to get you there..................

D
Dew Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Having access to a 500 yard range myself, I find some of these "one inch" groups at 500 yards shear folly.

Looking for a new GPS for 2010?
Try the Bible.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You are stuck with your abilities,equipment and "experience"...none of which is a balmy forecast.

Hoping you are dumb enough to expound.................

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

You are ignoring this pompous selfcentered butthead user above.
grin

Last edited by Seafire; 12/16/10.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You are dreaming.

Again................

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Seafire

You are ignoring this pompous selfcentered butthead user above.
grin

Still....... grin

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It's morning in Alaska; time for another 16 hours of continuous bombast, bullying and BS.

Of all the great things about this board, IGNORE is among the very finest.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Few things funnier,than those most in need,poking their heads in the sand.

Lovin' it!...............

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I don't see how you can take offense at what BS (we know what that is)says. More than half of it is in some sort of home made jargon that I can't understand. Of course, this means I'm stupid rather than he can't speak english. smile

Aim for the exit hole.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

622 members (160user, 06hunter59, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 45 invisible), 2,504 guests, and 1,352 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,834
Posts18,478,050
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.