Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
A
argoboy Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Do anyone make a ballistics program that runs on a Mac?

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D'ya reckon that asking the same question three times will substantially enhance the probability that you'll get some good leads?

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
D'ya reckon that asking the same question three times will substantially enhance the probability that you'll get some good leads?

+1 LOL

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have been looking for reloading software for mac too.

so far the software called "load from a disk" seems best option.

I would actually like to ask others opinions of "load from a disk" and how it compares to other ballistic software

1. I now see the wisdom and merits of much older generations.
2. Technology makes things cheaper, easier, and less labor intensive, but not necessarily better.
B
B
I'm looking for reloading software for the MAC also. I looked up "Load from a Disk" an couldn't find the MAC version.

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I got an email from "load from a disk" and it said that I would need to use the mac boot camp to run windows and then run "load from a disk" through windows.

1. I now see the wisdom and merits of much older generations.
2. Technology makes things cheaper, easier, and less labor intensive, but not necessarily better.
I'm sitting here at my 'reloading desk' typing on a reserected Sony Viao since I have been unable to find any reloading program that will run under OSX...its painful to be back suffering the windows interface on a lousy keyboard and screen but until someone comes up with the Mac version(s) my Macbook Pro is of no use and this is it.

Guess I could always start buying the 'books' :-)

Jim

If your parents never had kids, chances are you won't either...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I thought that the new Macs would run Windows software.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Sure they will, but its a PIA if you are using 'bootcamp'...you have to shut down the 'puter, and 're-boot' under the windows OS. Plus you have to buy the windows OS of course, and install it, and maintain it, ( like a dozen updates daily it seems...),

If you use 'VMWare', ( virtual machine ) you can have the win OS as an app sitting in your dock but it still takes a few minutes to load the OS unless you keep it running in the background all the time which uses a LOT of the 'puter's resources, ALL the time.

So for now I have the little old Sony Viao sitting on my reloading bench, with a pair of special glasses to see the small font on the lousy screen :-).

Jim

If your parents never had kids, chances are you won't either...
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I'm running Parallels on my MAC. It's not as slow as what you would think but it does tie up resources. I refuse to do Bootcamp, that would drive me nuts rebooting all the time.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

213 members (1_deuce, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 29aholic, 28 invisible), 2,014 guests, and 1,051 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,197
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.