Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Hammer1 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

Being that gun writers are the primary source of advice concerning maintenance of wedded bliss...

When given to one's wife for Christmas...

Which will produce greater happiness at home ?

Mercedes
Jewelry
Shopping trip to Europe
Shotgun
Safari to Africa

Assume equal prices and values.

GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I am not a gunwriter but have been married for 24 years.
I will go out on a limb and predict she will prefer the safari in Africa. wink

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
without a shadow of a doubt, trip to Africa.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by whelennut
I am not a gunwriter but have been married for 24 years.
I will go out on a limb and predict she will prefer the safari in Africa. wink

[Linked Image]

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Whose happiness?

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

IC B2

Hammer1 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

Whose happiness?

The sum total of all current and future happiness in the home.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For my wife... Africa

One of the ladies in our office received a Rem 700 in 270 from hubby on her birthday. Talk about a pissed off lady. Bet he didn't get any for a couple of weeks.

Last edited by 1minute; 12/12/10.

1Minute
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Do I get to go with her on the hunt or shopping trip? Do I have to drive her around in the car or complement the jewelry?

If I'm invited, I would say one of the trips, probably the hunt. If we're talking wedded bliss, time together is important. I'm more fun hunting than shopping, so lets go to Africa.

Of course, a properly fitted trap gun would be a great way to spend time together every week...

Last edited by bja105; 12/12/10.

Jason
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
A friend of mine went the shotgun route a couple of years ago. She broke her ankle first time out. Now he borrows it on a regular basis, just so it doesn't sit in the closet and rust.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
The answer is obvious. Fly through Europe on your way to Africa. Duh. smile

Landrum

IC B3

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
This is just blindingly obvious, Africa of course.

.....and when breaking the news, try not to hum Merry Christmas to me, Merry Chris.....!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 1minute

One of the ladies in our office received a Rem 700 in 270 from hubby on her birthday. Talk about a pissed off lady. Bet he didn't get any for a couple of weeks.

One of the women in work recieved a cycle helmet for her 40th off her husband...

It seems that they used to potter about on bikes, and about a month before her birthday, she saw a kid wearing one, and remarked they were a good idea....

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Depends on the wife. Mine has been on safari to Africa twice (Namibia and South Africa) and did pretty much everything she wanted to, both hunting and touring.

Of the items on the list, she would definitely be most pleased with the shotgun, by far.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The real question is....what would make YOU happier.

It's my experience that women are really good at being unhappy no matter what you do or say, so taking their feelings into consideration is a wasted effort.

As that immortal philosipher once said...." See you can't please everybody, so you got to please yourself"

I hate change, it's never for the better.... Grumpy Old Men
The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am not married so I would not know, you would never loose any money on a shotgun equal to a cost of an MB. Provided it's from one of the better makers. Holland and Holland and Purdy comes to mind. How a wife would feel about it is well depends on who she is, JB's is a lady, my guess is very easy to shop for, just buy a rifle or shotgun or a good vintage cast Iron cook ware. Some guys have all the luck!!

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
i'd say the shopping trip to/thru europe. i'm certain my wife would select that option. almost every woman i know loves to shop. i think it's in their dna.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
True, JB's is unique, but mine would be happy if I just replaced her .257 that magically transformed from a bolt to lever about 25 years ago,(the BLR is heavier than her old Ruger was). She has had her eye's peeled for a nice used MB to replace the old Honda in the driveway, so maybe I can get a deal @ the gun show in Reno next weekend (29th anniversary trip she suggested). Some Women Are Worth Keeping, regardless of the cost.
MC

marty
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In my case, regarding the true feelings of my real wife, I think the safari would be the best gift by quite a margin. But she would not go without me, and there would be much....amore. wink

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
MartyC,

My wife is indeed unique. She hates shopping! (Except maybe for shotguns....)

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
Well, we have been married for 44 years and have done all of these except the MB which my wife just doesn't like. She really enjoyed safari life with JJHAck and loved the Limpopo region, but (I promise) further enjoyed shopping in Europe in the four years we lived there. Spain probably the favorite, but Italy not far behind. She loves a Sweet Sixteen (4), but shopping trumps them all. FYI.

The F-4 Phantom II is the standard of excellence that all modern fighters are measured by. Sign on the wall at the factory in St. Louis.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

259 members (3333vl, 44mc, 308ld, 10gaugemag, 160user, 257 roberts, 27 invisible), 1,696 guests, and 1,062 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,213
Posts18,503,931
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.