Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Fickle...kinda chickish, no? smile

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
no....slowed by illness now, but did until a couple of years ago. hoping he'll be able to come to the Christmas lunch....an old school Southern gentleman lawyer. did his best to knock the rough edges off me thirty years ago.....with limited success.

That gent, and those of his generation, with the changes they've seen in their lives--when they think back it must seem surreal..

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
Fickle...kinda chickish, no? smile

TFF!

Travis

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
See what I have to put up with, hence my admiration in me......

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Windage
To cite just one... Roosevelt, of big stick fame... he was one interesting cat.

Yes, but he was one of the early progressives although barely recognizable as such by today's standards.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Windage
To cite just one... Roosevelt, of big stick fame... he was one interesting cat.

Yes, but he was one of the early progressives although barely recognizable as such by today's standards.

Sad but true....

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As has been said, I admire every person who put their lives and their health on the line in the defense of our Nation.

I have a special admiration for those Marines who so gallantly upheld the honor of the USMC when they were nearly overwhelmed by the CCF around the Chosin Reservoir in Korea at the end of 1950.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Barry Goldwater. He was a man of principle.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Most all the people I admire never became famous, well actually none of them did, except to me. If I had to pick one person that I admire the most it would be my #1 wife. She is an excellent judge of character and has time and again proven to be such. I am probably a bit naive when it comes to people (I'm better at judging the good or bad intentions of dogs) and tend to believe what they tell me. She, is my advisor in such matters and I've learned to accept her opinions (she has no sense of perspective when it comes to mechanical things though). I take it as a great compliment that she has chosen me to live her life with and has stayed with me for these 34 years (actually 36), even if her intentions were to attempt a conversion of the most corrupt soul she ever encountered. Must be working.

Alan

Food is at the core of Hunting and Fishing - Rebecca Gray

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I admire my little brother....as of last week we finally have a doctor in the family! He received his doctorate in divintiy in Atlanta!

Keith

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jesus
Ronald Reagan
My law partner, Chuck. (Work ethic beyond belief!)
My dad
Okanagan (he's a member here)
Veterans--all of them.

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
All the good church goin ladies in my family, they truly are living angels, kind and caring to anyone they meet.

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Way too many to name.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Sir Samuel Baker.

Hunter, conservationist, and worked tirelessly to halt the slave trade in Africa. One of the truly great men from the 19th century, and his relationship with his wife is a love story for the ages.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Before my sarcastic personality wakes up, my Grandfather, Chuck Yeager, and General "E-Tool" Smith, USMC, Ret.

Unreconstructed to the End.
Dum Vivimus Vivamus
Death smiles at us all...but only FMF Corpsmen smile back
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
My wife of 30 years. She not only tolerates me, but reigns me in when I go too far astray.

Medal of Honor recipient, Audie Murphy. They don't make many like him.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Jefferson Davis, who said:

All we ask is to be let alone.

,..and Robert E. Lee, who said:

Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place. If victorious, we have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
My Bride of 37 years. Still around in spite of my stupidity. LOL!

The Framer's of our Declaration of Independence and Constitution.

Some you know of----Teddy Roosevelt, Ronald Reagan, Winston Churchill and folks you have never heard of-----PawPaw, Granny, Buddy Parker, Willie Kunkle, Martha Chilton, Odys & Pat Tadlock-----wonderful, caring, solid people! All gone from this Earth and sorely missed.

John

NRA Benefactor
Lifetime-Texas State Rifle Assoc.
Lifetime-American Motorcycle Assoc.
Aircraft Owners and Pilots Assoc.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This has actually caused me to do quite a bit of thinking, which at my age not only hurts, but distracts me from important things like staring into space and/or napping. What I have figured out is that I have a hard time categorizing the people that I admire, those that I respect, and those to whom I am grateful. The definitions are, of course, mine and mine alone and there is often overlap amongst the groups. Working from my definition, the folks that I admire are those ordinary people who live lives guided by decency and who reach beyond looking out for themselves and their families to try and make a difference in the lives of others as well. There, now I can put my brain back into its normal state of idling.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No one.

"That's what happens when your leaders stop being an American and start being a politician." George S. Patton
What would Yoda do...your ass kick it he would.
[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (1minute, 01Foreman400, 1OntarioJim, 1234, 1badf350, 007FJ, 56 invisible), 2,437 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,567
Posts18,491,832
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.