Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
listining to all the hype on electric cars and clean air, don't they get that at one end there is an electric car that uses lots of electricity and a coal fired power plant at the other. Out of site out of mind.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
This is your preisdent package, the electric car that why were here on this crap

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
NO-they don't get the part about coal fired power plants.

Many years ago I built me an electric car but the long extension cord didn't work out too good.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They're a complete sham. Instead of burning a hydrocarbon in the car and getting the greatest efficiency, you burn it remotely, loose a large percentage of the energy in transmission, and then lose more through charging and discharging the battery. Add to that nasty chemicals and elemental metals in the batteries, and the fact that the power grid in the US can't handle charging everyone going over to electrics, it is proof that enviro's have absolutely no concept as to the impact of their wonderful ideas, nor that implementing them would do more damage to the environment.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
For golf courses only.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
They're a complete sham. Instead of burning a hydrocarbon in the car and getting the greatest efficiency, you burn it remotely, loose a large percentage of the energy in transmission, and then lose more through charging and discharging the battery. Add to that nasty chemicals and elemental metals in the batteries, and the fact that the power grid in the US can't handle charging everyone going over to electrics, it is proof that enviro's have absolutely no concept as to the impact of their wonderful ideas, nor that implementing them would do more damage to the environment.

Exactly..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's control. You can't travel far on a total electric car, therefore they can keep you in a small area.

Great for a takeover of freedoms by a few eliteists.

"That's what happens when your leaders stop being an American and start being a politician." George S. Patton
What would Yoda do...your ass kick it he would.
[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
They're a complete sham.

An expensive sham. With hybrids, you have to pay for two engines.

I don't think the FedGov likes gasoline. Too flammable.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Now will the military have to switch.

Battery powered Abrams?

Last edited by RAS2; 12/13/10. Reason: can't hit the right keys

"That's what happens when your leaders stop being an American and start being a politician." George S. Patton
What would Yoda do...your ass kick it he would.
[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Plug in electrics are a sham, but fuel cell cars have potential. Needing substantial infrastructure support before that potential is realized. http://automobiles.honda.com/fcx-clarity/

For you big block motor heads, electric can generate more torque...

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by RAS2
It's control. You can't travel far on a total electric car, therefore they can keep you in a small area.

Great for a takeover of freedoms by a few eliteists.

That sums er up pretty well.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
they're talking a complete re-do.

nuclear power facilities, powering electric cars, and magnetic fast-trains.

a pair-of-dimes are rattling together, as we speak. wink

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
JG beat me to it. Electric vehicles are fine - on the golf course.

(Although I've often thought that an electric ATV with a roof of solar cells would be about the sneakiest little hunting buggy imaginable...)

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
JG beat me to it. Electric vehicles are fine - on the golf course.

(Although I've often thought that an electric ATV with a roof of solar cells would be about the sneakiest little hunting buggy imaginable...)

Like one of these? BadBoy Buggies

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
The next step will be to site electrical generating plants in Mexico where they will have no EPA rules keeping the USA greener.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I remember on Top Gear they reviewed the Telsa high performance electric car. Jeremy Clarkson was quick to point out and they showed a giant smoke stack of a coal plant that the energy was coming from there - not the battery.

Then he showed a home sized windmill and it would take like 9 days to fully charge the car lol.

Otto is my co-pilot.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

There's no place for a supercharger on an electric motor, they sound like crap in comparison, and you'd get laughed out of the marina with electric motors in your Cigarette 38 Top Gun. I'll stick with big blocks.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd like to have an electric car for commuting. Anything that hurt the ragheads I'll support.

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Plug in electrics are a sham, but fuel cell cars have potential. Needing substantial infrastructure support before that potential is realized. http://automobiles.honda.com/fcx-clarity/

True. I saw a YouTube video where a blocky-looking, beat-up street sedan that had been converted to electric drive and had a trunkful of lightweight lithium-ion batteries utterly humiliated a bunch of combustion-powered dragsters. Pretty funny.

Energy density is the problem. Modern combustible fuels store orders of magnitude more energy per unit mass than any battery in existence. That's why fuel cells beat batteries, at least today.

Think of all the stuff we could do if we could get just one order of magnitude in battery energy density...

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Are they the same lithium-ion and lithium polymer batteries like in a cell phone or other small electric devices? When both those chemistries moved into the radio control world of airplanes we stared having to have special containers to charge them in and having fire extinguishers on hand in case of crashes.

I don't recommend it but if you head over to youtube you can see what happens when they are punctured. Looks like a phosphorus grenade.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 1234, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 63 invisible), 2,237 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,259
Posts18,486,403
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.