Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
I recently purchased a brand new FX-3 6x42 and promptly sent it to Leupold to have a CDS dial installed for my 6.5 x 47 Lapua Rifle. I have UPS confirmation it arrived, yet no work order was sent by Leupold as they normally do, and a phone call turns up nothing. Another scope was sent in at the same time and they performs the work requested but no one can find my new 6x42 nor do they have record of receiving it, even though it was in the same box as the other scope.

ML

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all my gear for what I said I paid for it.
GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
That sucks.. Leupold going to make it right? I'm convinced they have semi retarded people working in the custom shop..

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Why post it? You have nothing to gain from putting that on the web.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Lawdwaz

Do you have anything to gain by replying?

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
just venting my frustration over a $400 loss.

They are still looking for it, but between that and charging me for a reticle change they did not perform, I'm not holding my breath.

I now have to send back my scope that never had the reticle changed back to leupold so they can change it back.(FX-3 12X scope came with a leupold dot)

Something tells me they are more than semi retarded. I think we are dealing with full blown Rain Corky!

ML

Last edited by Mntngoat; 12/13/10.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all my gear for what I said I paid for it.
IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
why not? people always post how good it smells everytime leupy farts, lets hear about the stinky ones also....

Eremicus please reply! LOL

Last edited by DAMARA; 12/13/10.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I am sure they will make it good, since you have the return receipt.

Last edited by WestOfPecos; 12/13/10.

Michel
bcp Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They probably have 99.99 percent scopes returned one to a box. The unpacker may have taken one scope from your box, then tossed the rest.

Bruce

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I have sent in as many as 4 at a time..

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Dude...

You have no idea how lucky you are.

See, well, no you can't, and that's the point... you just received the first "L" with the improved super-extra-duper-hard real-crushed-diamond-coating upgrades AND the "top-secret" cryo-treated Klingon-installed cloaking device.

It will only appear to you after you mount it (good luck), and have it square on a critter. As you squeeze the trigger, the scope will drop out of warp, drop the cloak, and you'll never, ever be able to miss again.

But, first you have to find the cloaked scope and get it mounted...

And, of course, properly focused....

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I just sent in 4 in one box and got 4 back no worries.....

I think with a little persistence they will make it right.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Did you record the serial number of your scope before sending it in? In all likelihood your scope will either be found and returned to you or Leupold will send you a new one. Your box made it to their facility, and scopes don't just grow legs and walk away. Keep on the phone--if the person you talked to didn't seem competent then work your way up the chain of command until you get someone who will solve your problem.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Merriam-Webster definition of Forum:

1. A public meeting place for open discussion

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Last scope I sent they had no record of it when I called to check on it 2 weeks later, it turned up in next days mail repaired!

I would give them a couple of days then call back

Ted
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DAMARA
why not? people always post how good it smells everytime leupy farts, lets hear about the stinky ones also....

Eremicus please reply! LOL

Kind of admire the way with words. smile

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Dude...

See, well, no you can't, and that's the point... you just received the first "L" with the improved super-extra-duper-hard real-crushed-diamond-coating upgrades AND the "top-secret" cryo-treated Klingon-installed cloaking device.

It will only appear to you after you mount it (good luck), and have it square on a critter. As you squeeze the trigger, the scope will drop out of warp, drop the cloak, and you'll never, ever be able to miss again.

grin grin

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Dude...

Eremicus.....stop posting under VAnimrod's name!

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by no_one
Dude...

Eremicus.....stop posting under VAnimrod's name!

Dude....

You keep that schit up, and I'll have your neighbor "chick" come visit you after you're asleep. Rumor has it she's practicing to become a proctologist...

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
emailed back again today, they are looking for it. its been there since middle of November according to UPS they just can't find it.

ML

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I think you are screwed.

I always put sticker with my name and address all over the box AND the scope so they don't mix the suckers up! So far they haven't screwed it up yet. I do make it easy for them.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

89 members (BALLISTIK, 5sdad, Biffmalibu, Akhutr, Amos63, 14 invisible), 1,451 guests, and 829 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,207
Posts18,503,871
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.