Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Hi, my name is Dave and I didn't shoot any phuggin deer this year.

It wasn't for lack of effort, it was more of a lack of deer thing.

I thought we could start a deerless hunter support group where we could talk about how the DNR screwed us, how the moon screwed us, how timber wolves screwed us, wild pigs, lions, moose, what ever screwed your hunting over.

Also we could hang our hope & heart out there & talk about plans for next year, stuff like food plots or what ever.

I sure as hell could have shot one from the truck window or moved to a different hunting location with better der numbers but I was stubborn & stuck it out around our cabin & I got burnt.

Dammit, I didn't go elk hunting this year either... The coyotes and the winter fish are going to pay hell for my lack of deer kills this year.

And next year... I'm going to be completely foaming at the mouth come deer season.

Any other members of the 2010 deerless hunter club?

Something clever here.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Uh, Sorry Im not one to join your support group this year Dave. Your more than welcome to hunt here in NJ w/ me.

Last edited by Ruger270man; 12/14/10.

Treestands don't demand. Treestands don't complain.
Treestands simply ask me to sit down and listen.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hi My name is Mark, and I too didnt shoot a deer during the the Wisconsin 2010 rifle or muzzleloader season.

I would personally like to thank the full moon, numerous bait piles, and phuggin WI. DNR who in all there wisdom have managed to run the deer herd into the ground with there over harvest of doe's and RE-INTRODUCTION of the wolf.

[Linked Image]
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
So far I am in the club with you Dave but I have a couple weeks of rifle season left. If a dink comes by it shall die.
Gobble

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Get em gobble, hope is still alive for you, my seasons have run out for 2010

Something clever here.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I didn't shoot one either. My Dad and wife did, they just laughed when I whined about it. All I can say is that any feathered or haired animal types are in severe danger of being ventilated.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And yes, I am clinging to my guns and bible. Two in each hand so look out der.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Atta boy, take it out on the other critters, that's what I plan on doing grin fish too.

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well guys I didn't have deer tags this year, but I am eating tag soup with my elk tag, so I guess I am in the club too!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have hunted 15 days and not dropped the hammer yet. It's my own fault - from opening day (10/16) all the way until the day before Thanksgiving I was "horn hunting" and let lots of bait-deer (does) walk by without shooting. I switched to meat hunting on Thanksgiving Day and have seen one doe in three outings - and that one got run off by a spike before I could even drop my field-glasses and grab the rifle. However, I am going again Friday and Saturday, so there is still hope. Next season I am going to drop the first doe I see, then horn hunt until Thanksgiving, and then switch back to meat hunting.

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Not this year, but there have been many that were.

I go in streaks. Didn't get one last year, got 2 this year. That's how it goes for me.

Last edited by tzone; 12/14/10.

Camp is where you make it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
This was the first year in 8 years or better for me, 8 to 10 years.

It's not sitting well with me.

Something clever here.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
For the first time in 20 years I did not shoot a deer frown had opportunities but passed on the little ones, and the big one never showed up.

I was there when my wife, brother, dad, and cousin got there deer and even put a finisher on one, but I never did get one myself.

I am pretty sour about this as it is new territory for me, I know that the yotes and ducks have been very unhappy that this happened to them. grin

There I feel better, thanks for the thread dave its nice to have a place to vent.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
This was the first year in 8 years or better for me, 8 to 10 years.

It's not sitting well with me.

hhhmmmm. Glad I'm not a coyote or a walleye. or the first deer to walk past you next year.

Camp is where you make it.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
At this point it is hard to even look at the Dink-o-thon thread. laugh

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by heavywalker
At this point it is hard to even look at the Dink-o-thon thread. laugh

So true! Them lucky timber goat shooting sumbishes don't know how good they got it lol!!

I didn't see a deer while in "hunt mode" this entire season from rifle through black powder season.

Not one.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Dave,
It ain't over 'til the fat lady hits the high notes and we ain't there yet. In fact, we haven't even gotten serious down here yet.

But I have experienced what you are going through and it is not pretty. Still, there is Hope ahead for all of us, you included. Our president tells us that. He cannot be wrong if we are to have any future at all. So, do not despair, your day will come again and all will be right with the world (except for the unfortunate Odocoileus virginianus or two).

Last edited by BrentD; 12/14/10.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I was with you until last saturday. I finally got one with the muzzleloader that I was able to use a bonus tag on. That leaves my archery tag still valid until the end of the month so I'm hoping it warms up some so I can get an arrow in another one.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

H
H
We have 1 more weekend to go here and rifle season will end. I feel like the crack head who snorts a line before going to the narcotics anonymous meeting though since I shot 5 this year, LOL. Sorry boys, I don't feel your pain.

Procrastination is like masturbation. At first it feels good, but in the end you're only screwing yourself. Monty Python
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Hello everybody, I to NODUCK have not shot a deer this year. Actually its been a couple years now for me.. Its been so bad,, that this year i had to go to WY and kill a elk and a mule deer.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (35, Akhutr, 10gaugemag, akrange, 14 invisible), 1,595 guests, and 835 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,939
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.