Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Tonk Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Last night I watched the Elk Chronicles and the show had the ranch donors son killing a big 6 x 6 bull. Now I just wonder how many hunters on this forum or any other have in fact hunted the Double H ranch that Mr. Bob Torentson donated to the Elk Foundation.........Just who is the elk foundation?

The price to hunt a bull elk on that rance is $17,000 dollars with a muzzle loader or Bow.........Ummmmmmm not pocket change by any means.

Thank Our Veterans!
GOD Bless Them All

UNIONS BUILDING AMERICA, SALUTE ALL THE UNION TRADESMAN

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tonk are you asking who/what is the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation?

If so, do a search for RMEF

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
To rich for my blood. Wonder if instead of the elk having ivories on that ranch they have grillz with diamonds?

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
I shot bulls over 400 inches there before Torenston bought it. Haven't been there in twenty years so I don't know how good it is now.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bullschlitz
I shot bulls over 400 inches there before Torenston bought it. Haven't been there in twenty years so I don't know how good it is now.

They still kill bulls over 400 inches every year, but they need to kill more cows. The elk are hammering the forage base.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
IC B2

Tonk Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
No DOBER!..........Now have you hunted this New Mexico ranch for elk?

Now what I am really asking is just who and what belongs to this organization that talks about it's self so much on TV. Then they only so called people I ever see or hear of hunting on the place or those with big bank accounts savvy.

Yes, I do know how to run a search also....thanks tho for the heads up guy.

Last edited by Tonk; 12/15/10.

Thank Our Veterans!
GOD Bless Them All

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tonk
Last night I watched the Elk Chronicles and the show had the ranch donors son killing a big 6 x 6 bull. Now I just wonder how many hunters on this forum or any other have in fact hunted the Double H ranch that Mr. Bob Torentson donated to the Elk Foundation.........Just who is the elk foundation?

NO TONK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!---zeesh no reason to holler is there. I asked you a simple question. Mainly cause of your last sentence here ....."Just who is the elk foundation"

I was just trying to help you out as to me it sounded like you were asking "Just who is the elk foundation", guess you have it handled though.....

Honestly, was just trying to help someone out who asked a question as I took it to be "Just who is the elk foundation" and I get you yelling at me. Kool beano's for me, I'll not bother with trying to help you out dats for sure.

So BMA

Dober

Last edited by Mark R Dobrenski; 12/15/10.

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
TONK -

RMEF received this property as a donation from the estate of a deceased person. The gift had significant restrictions attached to it. The biggest of which is that it was to continue to be operated as a fee hunting operation. And most importantly, to be placed in a perpetual conservation easement making wildlife the primary management philosophy.

Probably not what they wanted, but what do they do? Say, "No Thanks" and let it be developed or sold or who knows what? Or, accept it with those restrictions and keep the habitat in tact?

I think they made the right decision. No doubt, takes some major coin to hunt it, but it serves as a reserve for some great elk and elk hunting on the adjacent public lands.

I wish it was open to public hunting, but that was not an option that was given to them. Take it with the strings attached, or don't take it at all. What would you have done if you were in their position?

I could see the Double HH from the hill where I arrowed this public land bull in September. Glad the elk in this area have primo habitat to hang out on, even if I will never be able to afford one of the 400" bulls that might roam within the boundaries of the Double HH.

Hope you get a chance to hunt near there someday.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by BigFin; 12/16/10.

My name is Randy Newberg and I approved this post. What is written is my opinion, and my opinion only.

"Hunt when you can. You're gonna run out of health before you run out of money."
Tonk Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
DOBER SIR!!!.............Please do understand that I don't yell at anybody period. I spent 20 years at my job teaching others not to yell and get over excited. My capitol letters just try to get your attention better is all. I am basically just an easy going kind of guy really. I am sorry if you got the wrong impression ok.

Thank Our Veterans!
GOD Bless Them All

Tonk Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Bin Fin that is a great picture by golly! Well, if I choose to drop $17 Grand on an animal or hunt lets say, I will not be in New Mexico. I will try to tag out in Africa instead, you certainly do get a lot more for your money. Once again that is a very nice trophy bull elk.

Thank Our Veterans!
GOD Bless Them All

IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
My buddy hunted there and had a very mediocre time to say the least. One elk killed on the whole hunt and it was rather lame by HH standards....I seem to remember it was a 300-class bull at best. He never saw a single shooter the whole week he was there. The success ratio on bulls (based on RMEF published stats) hovers around 5%....yep, 5%. I read it in a copy of Bugle magazine a good while back. Ross Johnson was pushing it hard when he was outfitting there and was known to stretch the truth a bit based on numerous folk's tales. He told my buddy his biggest problem would be holding off on the trigger until a 370+ bull appears on the alfalfa fields. Needless to say, that never happened and it was his worst elk hunt ever...

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[[Linked Image] [/quote]

Randy-that's a great pic!

Dober

(good to see you the other night, lets get together and school up on bruins this spring, maybe even call a couple)

Last edited by Mark R Dobrenski; 12/16/10.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski
Randy-that's a great pic!

Dober

(good to see you the other night, lets get together and school up on bruins this spring, maybe even call a couple)

Thanks. Would love to talk bear hunting and get out and call one in. That would be more fun than is allowed within the bounds of legality and morality.

My name is Randy Newberg and I approved this post. What is written is my opinion, and my opinion only.

"Hunt when you can. You're gonna run out of health before you run out of money."

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

378 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 10Glocks, 22250rem, 10ring1, 38 invisible), 1,758 guests, and 1,066 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,002
Posts18,481,280
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.