Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by mudder700
I know Jerry, it just kinda burned me the wrong way,I beleive that a man should honor his word...thats all

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
"No harm, no foul"

The guy admitted he made a mistake and messed up, he tried to make it right by immediately refunding all of your money, and your own reputation was not tarnished in any manner.

People make mistakes. Take the high road and move on.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
i saw the i'll take and sent my info.. then i looked at his last pm and that he removed himself so i thought he was out.. so i sold to other guy.. i said sorry, i just don't know what else to say.. if i'm wrong then, i made a mistake and apologized. it was a honest mistake on my part...

mudder700
Campfire Regular

Loc: Upstate,NY) I would go 38.00 shipped on them if you want to.Just let me know

Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote Email Topic
Unread By: none

#1396473 - Today at 01:37 PM Re: 30 cal vlds
bigun31768
Campfire Regular

Top Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote Email Topic
Unread By: none

#1396486 - Today at 01:41 PM Re: 30 cal vlds
mudder700
Campfire Regular

Loc: Upstate,NY) mudder700 has removed themself from this topic.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
oh, by the way look at the time he removed himself from the topic. now look at what time he said i'll take it...

#4706347 - Today at 02:22 PM Re: f/s or wtt reloading items [Re: Robert405]
mudder700
Campfire Regular

Loc: Upstate,NY) I will take the Bergers

Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote Notify Email Post

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

I think the removing oneself from the topic is the most asinine stupid thing you can do. It makes no sense. Let the PM die a natural death and a month later delete it. Personally it's rude as hell to do that when the other person may still have something further to add. mad

Would figure that this would do nothing but cause problems such as this. All over a box of bullets?

JMHO!

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
i made a mistake and apologized.. what else should have done??

i now apologize on a open forum to mudder. i made a mistake and i'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. i can buy the berger vld 155gr. here for 38.00 a box if you want to get a box you pay for them and i'll pay for the shipping.. i know thats not what you wanted but just trying to do the best i can to fix my part of this mistake..

Last edited by bigun31768; 12/15/10.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by bigun31768
i made a mistake and apologized.. what else should have done??

i now apologize on a open forum to mudder. i made a mistake and i'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. i can buy the berger vld 155gr. here for 38.00 a box if you want to get a box you pay for them and i'll pay for the shipping.. i know thats not what you wanted but just trying to do the best i can to fix my part of this mistake..

I would think that should suffice! I wouldn't hesitate to do business with you. Last person that was 'perfect' was killed by those that weren't. Wouldn't worry about it and move on. These public lynchings are a complete turnoff.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Hey Mudder, you once sold me a set of Ruger rings. Before they arrived you had removed yourself from the topic. When they did arrive, the rings didn't seat well. I took this as you knowing they didn't seat well to the mounts and wanted to get rid of them quick. By removing yourself from the topic I will no longer inquire or do business with you again.
I try my best to stay in good contact with sellers or buyers until the everything is complete.
This disregard on your behalf has severed any money coming your direction from my end.
Hope this helps in your future transactions.

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
kcTbear, I was always removing myself from all of my topics once the deal was finalized,You could of contacted me again and I would have fixed whatever is wrong,I have never heard of a set of ruger ringd not seating well, I am sorry to hearof this,I have never screwed anyone on anything,sorry you took it this way..Bigun 31768, I accept your apology and life will go on.thanks for the input guys.I have learned not to remove myself from the topics till after I receive the goods.

There are a lot more ½" rifles than ½" shooters.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Just my 2 cents

I was in the position of the seller that pissed off a potential buyer.I always conduct all transactions in the most honest way possible.

I was PMing on a scope (the other guy was negotiating never said Ill take it) and without going into it I had an "Ill take it" publically. So I told him SPF. I truly thought I was correct for taking first "Ill take it" Man he was pissed.

Even thought I think I was right I was so upset I didnt sleep that night. I felt terrible, he was brutal.I am sure when he sees a post from me he still is pissed. There was nothing I could do.

I also was negotiating on a 44 BlackHawk while I was someone poped up with an Ill take it. I can honestly say it tought me if you want it step up, I was a bit upset but the seller did what was right for him.I still wish I would have got that Blackhawk

I have been on both sides I take no sides here but I just want to leave with a thought.
I lost a best buddy this year, he was a "stuff guy" between us we has lots of stupid stuff. In his casket he took his sons baseball glove who he lost 5 years earlier.It really shows me how important all the "stuff really is"

But I am still on the classified looking for stuff but I try to keep it in perspective
Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Both youse guys only use the classifieds to run your business. so a deal diden't go your way, tought titties stop whinning over a box of bullets and move on. (not boat boy) grin

Last edited by Hubert; 12/16/10.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hubert
Both youse guys only use the classifieds to run your business. so a deal diden't go your way, tought titties stop whinning over a box of bullets and move on. (not boat boy) grin

Just looked at bigun's posts and you're right Hubert.

Neither of these guys are actual forum participants but merely hover over the classifieds.

Don't feel a bit bad for either one.

Move on.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Am I wrong on this transaction,I pm"d him and told him to explain to the other person that he messed up and to honor his word...What do you guys think? Be honest and if the majority says let it go and he is in the right then I will.....

You are wrong. He admitted he made a mistake and apologized. You were inconvenienced at most. No harm done.

If a person can't handle the small hiccups that will happen on a free classifieds like this they need to buy retail. Stores like Cabelas have excellent customer service.

I would deal with him anytime.

Chris

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
nasqam, hubert, sirs i do not run a business on here.. i do look and have post in other sections. i do enjoy looking a all the stuff on here for sale, kinda like window shopping.. i have bought and sold stuff on here.. but in no way do i run a business on here.. man, i never thought i would have to defend myself over a sale of a box of bullets..... wow, this is kinda crazy!

but, if i have done something wrong for liking the classifeds and not posting much in other areas.. then i apoligize for that..... tell you what i read the classifeds in the news paper and never write a letter to the editor or anything like that. is that wrong to??

Last edited by bigun31768; 12/16/10.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ya'll need to flush the sand outta your vagina's.

When it comes to choosing friends....I'm at an age where I'd rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
263 out of your 269 posts have been in the classifieds so I'd call that hovering over the classifieds.

Mudder has a similar percentage.

As to your comparison to the newspaper, that is flawed because while this site is an interactive community with people seeking advice and direction a newspaper isn't.

It's a free country, do as you please but I'll not feel sorry for you or anyone else who merely uses this site as a marketplace for their wares and who gets burned from time to time.

I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
i guess i'll throw 2 cents in from time to time that way i wont look like i'm "hovering" over the classifeds to some. i do see where it could appear that way.. i got hurt at work back in sept. and have nothing better to do that mess around on the computer..

Last edited by bigun31768; 12/16/10.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Bad things happen to good people. At least no one got cheated out of goods or money. Ken

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by nsaqam
263 out of your 269 posts have been in the classifieds so I'd call that hovering over the classifieds.

Mudder has a similar percentage.

As to your comparison to the newspaper, that is flawed because while this site is an interactive community with people seeking advice and direction a newspaper isn't.

It's a free country, do as you please but I'll not feel sorry for you or anyone else who merely uses this site as a marketplace for their wares and who gets burned from time to time.

Who made you the "classifieds" monitor/bully?

Maybe the two guys having the missunderstanding don't need your input.

Why don't you go back to your forums, (28 posts yesterday, your cup runneth over) and enlighten us with all your wisdom.

Some people like to read others posts more than they feel it necessary to post.

I hope my percentages please you oh master.

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer but how he hunted it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Freedumb1

Who made you the "classifieds" monitor/bully?

It's an onerous job but I'm happy to do it.

Why don't you go back to your forums, (28 posts yesterday, your cup runneth over) and enlighten us with all your wisdom.

Will do, and thanks for recognizing my superior wisdom. A guy likes to hear that type of thing from time to time.

I hope my percentages please you oh master.

Yes, you seem to be alright and thanks again for acknowledging my mastery.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

338 members (12344mag, 1lesfox, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 160user, 31 invisible), 1,805 guests, and 1,132 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,750
Posts18,495,362
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.