-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I expect that you use this rifle to shoot small rodents at long distances so a Leupold VX3 6.5x20 would be great for you.

[Linked Image from ]
GB1

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
I have simons tasco bushnell lupy's and guntec
here is the best deal I have found I bought one liked it so well I bought 3 more. they are as good as any of the others.
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/...tactical-scope-matte-black.aspx?a=691423

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I betcha that is a real great rifle scope that will last you all of 3 months if your LUCKY!!!

Sort of like buying a new 2010-Cadillac for $5,000 dollars. You don't get quality in a rifle scope for $49.95 trust me.

Thank Our Veterans!
GOD Bless Them All

UNIONS BUILDING AMERICA, SALUTE ALL THE UNION TRADESMAN

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A Weaver T-Series always rates a thunk.

Hint.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I have a V16 Weaver that I like; I would not hesitate to buy a Weaver T series and I have a few Leupolds as well.
Just my opinion; but in the past when I have bought the cheap stuff I have generally been disappointed and I think I would rather save up another $100 to $200 and get something of better quality. I have had good luck buying used stuff.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Schitt is schitt and especially in optics,doubly so in scopes.

T's track like a dirty bastard.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Simmons 6.5 by 20s are pretty good scopes. I bought because they were cheap and I'm poor...
I have either three or four, can't remember for sure, but have had no issues. Sight picture is good through the whole range and they don't wander with zoom or focus.
The mil dot version is on a good 22 of mine, I must gripe that the dots are large but for the trajectory, it works well enough. I'd rather have "mil-circles" but again, I'm poor.
As for BSA, as in Bstard Stopped Again, against my better judgment I bought two 4x12xsomething air rifle scopes, the price was ridiculous.
I put one on my little Commie air rifle three years ago and it tracks peachy fine. So I'm thinking about using the other on a walking varminter.
Sure, I wish I could "afford" a Nightforce or Zeiss, but I learned a long time ago not to worry about equipment "status."

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I gave several away here(6.5-20's),didja get one?

While Simmons didn't invent erector shift or a wandering POI,they is a force in that AO.................

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
The best advice I can offer on scopes goes back to what my father said when I was young.

"If you want nice clean oats you must pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse those come a lot cheaper".

That said I learned the above lesson on my first rifle and scope. After that I stuck with Leupold, never had a problem with any of them.

I do have 2 Weaver Target models that I picked up 4 years ago. Not a problem with either of them. In fact I would buy another Weaver Target if I needed another scope. They optics aren't as good as Leupold but they aren't bad.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fixed glass,in known quantities,is how a dollar gets stretched................

IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I have not read all the replies. That being said, I have had excellent luck with Weaver V16s through the years if you are not financially willing to jump up to Leupold or better.

The V16 has an outstanding track record. Many avid shooters with Leupolds, NightForces, etc have a few Weaver V16s in the stable.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
T's trump V's..............

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Ok...now you have peeked my interest in the Weaver T-Series.

What can you tell me about them?

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They track like they have eyes,can be swindled for very modest loot and are tough to kill. I prefer the Fine CH to the dots.

I'd be in T-10 Mode for Utility,but if you figure you can swing it in your AO,the T-16 is skookum too.

Though in reality,I'd stab a 6x42 with ele turret on it and rock on...............

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I'll agree with Big Stick on scopes. Myself I prefer fixed power and own mostly scopes in that config. Because I live in the midwest I can get away with 24x and even 36x scopes. I own a few of the older Leupold M8's and these are my favorites.

A few years ago I picked up a Weaver T24x on advice from a friend. I now own 2 of them and they are decent. Have only used them for 4 years but they've worked well.

On the variable scopes, I own 2. My big game rifle has a Leupold VX 2 in 3x9. I also have a Leupold VX 2 in 6x18 that I purchased because a friend talked me into it. Haven't used it much at all but it seems decent. I mounted this one on a 700 VS in .22-250 and will be trying it shortly. If I don't like it I can always put an M8 on it.

I still prefer fixed power for accuracy but variables do have a place.

Whatever you get buy quality. One rifle I bought off a friend came with a Simmons. When I took that one to the range I just laughed it was so horrible. The funny part is he wanted it back when I went to sell it. He must have better eyesight then me.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Now give this a hard look see!!! The Bushnell 3200 series Tactical Rifle Scope: The scope is 5 X 15 power with adj-AO, mill-dot reticle, turrets for windage & elevation and the price is $289 dollars on line. I do have 4 of these rifle scopes and they are very very good for P-dog and perdator hunting long range.

Thank Our Veterans!
GOD Bless Them All

UNIONS BUILDING AMERICA, SALUTE ALL THE UNION TRADESMAN

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Tonk
Now give this a hard look see!!! The Bushnell 3200 series Tactical Rifle Scope: The scope is 5 X 15 power with adj-AO, mill-dot reticle, turrets for windage & elevation and the price is $289 dollars on line. I do have 4 of these rifle scopes and they are very very good for P-dog and perdator hunting long range.

How is it for clarity and low light?

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I have owned 3 of these and let friends talk me out of them, they are an excellent value, clarity is excellent, the ones I have owned tracked perfectly, and they are fairly lightweight. I cannot speak for the low light performance since I have mainly used them for PD's and gophers. Nor can I speak in regards to the Mil-Dot reticle, the ones I had were all duplex type reticles.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
I was looking at them on line. That Firefly Ret peaks my interest. Anybody have experience with that?

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I have no exp with the firefly and my only exp with 3200 is a 3-9X 40 weezy has on her M77. 3 years on that one so far, we're happy with it.

I have the 6.5-20 50mm hubble on my 22-250.

FFII with turrets and AO.

I have a 3-9 FFII B-plex on the 220 swift, which often times makes me feel over zoomy with the big 6.5-20 on the heavy barrel 22-250

Something clever here.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

124 members (44mc, 10Glocks, 1100mag, 35, 10gaugemag, 17 invisible), 1,369 guests, and 932 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,749
Posts18,495,264
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.