#4726290 12/20/10
G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Two good things happened to me today:

1)

Dr at MidWestNeuroSurgery, here in Omaha, said my Spinal stenosis at this stage, and for the time being, maybe treatable w/o going under!!! I have a few weeks of Therapy; a Chiropractor for a good while, and if all goes well I can get BACK to my weightlifting but he said with LIGHT [grrrrrrrrrrr�was lifting heavy, lightest amount I was using was 100 lbs which was easy�].. weights. My son who was with me said :� Dad, if I see you doing heavy weights again I am telling Mom and we will get rid of the steel�.� Not much choice�.

It is still hard for me to walk upright for more than 10 minutes but I am excited about getting therapy. And
Those vendors I deliver to have all said they will help me move their freight from my truck�

2)

My family has been telling me that my Christmas present will prolly bring tears to my eyes:

Today �Nebraska� rang my door bell. It had been awhile -quite awhile- since I had last seen Nebr.. If I recall correctly he snookered me into buying a few guns from him � laugh laugh. Well, He handed me a card. I opened the card and read where it is from the guys at Accurate Reloading and 24Hr..

The gift card � well� I am stunned, speechless, a bit lost,, over whelmed�.! My family has been telling me that my Christmas present will prolly bring tears to my eyes� Well this gift card beat the Christmas tears.

This, 5�7�, 225-lb, 63 yr old ex-Paratrooper, who can bench press over 300 lbs, got kind�a weak. I stumbled around trying to figure out who did this grand act of kindness, I�ll find out who and I will crush�em�.
WAY TOO MUCH FOR ME TO HANDLE�

I can not accept this Gift card and I can �t give it back.

I can not let this random act of kindness be focused �just� on me.

So I am going to find two VERY needy family�s and you and I are going on food shopping trip.

I CAN NOT HONOR YOUR ACT OF KINDNESS ANY OTHER WAY.

From the bottom of my heart, till my last breath all of you
Will be in my thoughts and prayers..

MikeSr.

Last edited by gunisemptyohno; 12/20/10.
GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Mike...I don't even know you personally but I must say you are awesome! Keep your head up and I will be praying for you.

Erich

Buy once, cry once.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Sounds like a great gift for a very humble man. I certainly don't think anyone would think bad of you if you did use it for yourself and/or your family. However, your offer to give to the needy is exceptionally generous. Merry Christmas to you and your family...and God bless.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Couldn't have happened to a finer or more deserving man.

NRA Life Member
USPSA Life Member
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
True meaning of the Christmas Spirit..........:)

Happy Holidays!

Take care.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You and others like you are the flame that keeps "The Fire" burning.

Merry Christmas

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Racer1
Sounds like a great gift for a very humble man. I certainly don't think anyone would think bad of you if you did use it for yourself and/or your family. However, your offer to give to the needy is exceptionally generous. Merry Christmas to you and your family...and God bless.

+1

Lots of nice and very charitable acts around here lately. We all tend to focus on how messed up the world is today, but places and people like you find on here give a renewed sense of faith in people.

Life is just one damned thing after another
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Hope all goes well and may you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

There are a lot more ½" rifles than ½" shooters.
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Mike,

Your post made my evening. Good to see the Christmas spirit fully intact!

I'm thinking everyone, including the good Lord, will understand if you use some of that for you and yours, but more power to you if you don't!

Good luck with the therapy. God Bless and Merry Christmas!

Best -
Andy

Last edited by FLNative; 12/21/10.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Hang in there. Things will come around

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by gunisemptyohno
I stumbled around trying to figure out who did this grand act of kindness, I can not accept this Gift card and I can �t give it back.

I can not let this random act of kindness be focused �just� on me.

From the bottom of my heart, till my last breath all of you
Will be in my thoughts and prayers..

MikeSr.

We were always taught that it is more blessed to give than to receive. I don't disagree with that except that I believe it is just as necessary to be a good receiver. Who are we to turn back or deny the giver the blessing of giving if God has laid it upon his heart to do so?

I think we should allow the giver to receive the blessing of the giving.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (16penny, 007FJ, 1936M71, 160user, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 58 invisible), 2,380 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,144
Posts18,484,119
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.