-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Ruger is bringing back the RS model as evidenced by the "African" models on their websight. Here's a link:

http://www.ruger.com/products/m77HawkeyeAfrican/models.html

The first of these was the 375 Ruger African, but the website now lists 338 and 300 Win mags. These have a barrel band front swivel stud, circassian walnut stock, and open sights. These sights appear to be the excellent old style Ruger sights instead of the Williams sights installed on the RCM models. This is music to my ears! I can't wait to see what other calibers are offered in this model!

Does anyone else here prefer the RS model with the excellent Ruger open sights as backup? Any info from the writer-insiders as to future plans by Ruger for this model are appreciated.

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Those are the same sights that have always been on the African Hawkeye... fixed rear in NECG Classic type base (not folding like old RS's).

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
IMO, Ruger is missing the boat on an easy sell.

Bring out the Ruger Compact Magnum platform in non-mag short action calibers, such as 308. It would be one of their nicest intros in years.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If only they would offer that rifle in 7x57.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer

Bring out the Ruger Compact Magnum platform in non-mag short action calibers, such as 308. It would be one of their nicest intros in years.

BINGO!!! or 7-08!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer

BINGO!!! or 7-08!

Sheesh... next thing you'll be wanting them to chamber it in 45-70. wink

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
.223AI.... grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Lipsey's is offering a Ruger MkII RSI stainless in 7x57mm right now:
http://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail.aspx?itemno=RUKM77RSI7X57&items=exclusives

Pursuit may be, it seems to me, perfect without possession.
Robert Kelley Weeks (1840-1876)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A long action model in .300 Win Mag would be sweet, too. Heck i could even live with a RUM.

I always have liked the .338 RS model, though.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by Big_Redhead
Ruger is bringing back the RS model as evidenced by the "African" models on their websight. Here's a link:

The first of these was the 375 Ruger African, but the website now lists 338 and 300 Win mags. These have a barrel band front swivel stud, circassian walnut stock, and open sights. These sights appear to be the excellent old style Ruger sights instead of the Williams sights installed on the RCM models. This is music to my ears! I can't wait to see what other calibers are offered in this model!

Does anyone else here prefer the RS model with the excellent Ruger open sights as backup? Any info from the writer-insiders as to future plans by Ruger for this model are appreciated.

they re very good but not new or at leat since one year for the 300 and 338 win mag.

expecting a 9,3x62 coming soon and wish more LH versions.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MT_DD_FAN
Lipsey's is offering a Ruger MkII RSI stainless in 7x57mm right now:
http://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail.aspx?itemno=RUKM77RSI7X57&items=exclusives

The Ruger-Lipseys Stainless-Walnut 77 RSI's make me throw up a little in my mouth...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hillbillybear

Oh, my knees got a little weak when I read that.

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Welcome to the dark side laugh

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Big_Redhead

I really miss the round receivers and open sights available on the early 77s. I HATE Ruger mounts with a purple passion. smirk

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MagMarc

Welcome to the dark side laugh

grin

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (10ring1, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 60 invisible), 2,292 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,706
Posts18,494,396
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.