-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
8164 Offline OP
OP Offline
I called Doug at Cameraland and asked him if he could send me a Burris Signature scope. I got it and decided it was not going to work on the gun I intended it for. I called Doug to see about returning it for a different scope. He said it was a special order and had to check with Burris to see what there return policy was and this is what I was told. It would cost me a 25% restocking fee plus I had to pay to ship it back. A $450.00 dollar scope would cost me $112.00 to return it plus shipping. That is excessive ( I think)Anyone else have issues with Burris Customer Service.

The guys at camerland still have the best prices on the items they stock

Last edited by 8164; 01/01/11.
GB1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
You are another dipshitt [bleep] I see. You have already posted the above some 20 minutes ago and Doug is dealing with it. Now you feel the need to make your own separate post.

Where the [bleep] do you broken reservoir tips come from

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Let's see if I got this right.

You ask Doug to order you a scope that you're not sure is the one you want and then when you decide it isn't for you you think Doug should just take it back and put it in his inventory?

How about if you don't like the next scope or the one after that?

Sell it in the classifieds and make sure the next scope you order is going to work for you.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
No [bleep]. Dumbazzes order the wrong item, don't have a proper shipping address, or the Post Office loses or returns an item, and it's the manufacturer or Doug's fault?!..

Fugg'n idiots!

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Here is Doug's reply to him in another thread

Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
As Neil told you when he spoke to you...Sit tight and let him speak with me about it. I am out of the store today and will speak with the Burris rep on Monday.

I just ripped Neil an new azzhole for telling you anything without speaking with me first as there is no reason for you to pay a 25% restocking fee even though it was a special order item that you changed your mind about. Schitt, I'll take it back and post it as an open box item here in the classifieds before I'd let you pay that.

So, as Neil said...sit tight. I'll be back in the store Monday and I will speak with the rep.

BTW, 8164, I see this was your first post....Welcome to the forum

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth.../Camera_Land_s_Current_Sales#Post4541574

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just read Doug's response to this guys only other post and it couldn't be better the way Doug is handling it yet this douche thinks it's a great idea to start a new thread in which he completely fails to mention that Doug is going above the call to keep him happy!

I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Amazing how many pieces of [bleep] there are around. I've nothing but respect for Doug, as I'd tell the guy to shove it up his ass.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by 8164
I called Doug at Cameraland and asked him if he could send me a Burris Signature scope in 3-12x44 with ballistic plex. I got it and decided it was not going to work on the gun I intended it for. I called Doug to see about returning it for a different scope. He said it was a special order and had to check with Burris to see what there return policy was and this is what I was told. It would cost me a 25% restocking fee plus I had to pay to ship it back. A $450.00 dollar scope would cost me $112.00 to return it plus shipping. Be careful before you ask them to send you something not in there inventory.

Are you kidding me? Doug's working on the issue and already said he's willing to bend over backwards and you come here crying like a little bitch?!! Take your fugg'n ball Barbie dolls and go home!

Last edited by GreatWaputi; 12/31/10. Reason: fixed it
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As I posted in the other thread that you posted this same thing in...

"As Neil told you when he spoke to you...Sit tight and let him speak with me about it. I am out of the store today and will speak with the Burris rep on Monday.

I just ripped Neil an new azzhole for telling you anything without speaking with me first as there is no reason for you to pay a 25% restocking fee even though it was a special order item that you changed your mind about. Schitt, I'll take it back and post it as an open box item here in the classifieds before I'd let you pay that.

So, as Neil said...sit tight. I'll be back in the store Monday and I will speak with the rep."

BTW, 8164, I see this was your second post....Welcome to the forum, and lighten up. Nobody's out to get you

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Doug,

No worries my friend...

You're the man and everyone with a brain knows it...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
IC B3

8164 Offline OP
OP Offline
FYI. To those who think I was harping on Cameraland is wrong. The guys there have been nothing but good about this as have I. The complaint is about Burris Customer service and not Cameraland.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So Burris should just send you scopes until you find one you like huh?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There's a reason I order from Doug and Doug only ... and that for exactly a situation like this.

When most dealers will adhere to a "policy," Doug will pick up the phone, call someone real high up the tree at the manufacturer's, and get stuff done. Anybody who has been here any length of time can attest to that.

It's New Year's Eve Day, for criminy's sake. The smart money would have waited until Monday and talked to Doug! Moreover, you may not know it yet, but you're lucky you decided against a special-order scope with Doug as the seller. My money says he makes it right.

We can only hope you're as energetic on the keyboard when he comes through, like he always does!

Happy New Year!

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickBin
We can only hope you're as energetic on the keyboard when he comes through, like he always does!

+1

I ain't gonna hold my breath though.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
FYI. To those who think I was harping on Cameraland is wrong. The guys there have been nothing but good about this as have I. The complaint is about Burris Customer service and not Cameraland.

Starting up a new Sceen ID just to try and throw Doug under the bus is cowardly and low. If you were really just complaining about Burris you'd have mentioned how Doug was already taking care of it though Burris wasn't. So not only are you Cowardly and low you are a liar.

Doug is the best, trying to low blow him pisses me and a lot of folks around here off because he's treated us all so well. Fortunately for you he even gives sleaze like you good customer service...................................DJ

Remember this is all supposed to be for fun.......................
8164 Offline OP
OP Offline
FYI. I have spoke to Doug on this issue since Monday and I have not been told anything about them willing to let me return the scope. So for DJ to say what he says, he doesn't know the facts. I have ordered a few things from Doug and Neil without any issues what so ever. Everyone has an there own opinion. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Have a happy new year and call me Monday. As I told you earlier in the week I needed to speak to my Burris rep. This is a holiday week and most companies are working on skeleton crews if they are open at all.
I needed to find out from Burris if they would take it back (why have you ship it to me for me to to ship it to them, when they may have you ship it right back to them) or if they wouldn't. Either way you will not be stuck with it, even though when you ordered it you were told it is not something we stock and we had to special order it for you and have Burris drop ship it to you.
In the scheme of things this is a non-issue. It is just a case of bad timing as we could not get ahold of anyone at Burris, and let's leave it at that.
There was no reason I can see for you to post in two threads about this situation especially as these are your first posts here on the forum. Not the best way to introduce yourself and "meet' the members here.
With this said, please call us after Noon on Monday (after a holiday weekend the morning will be insanely busy) or on Tuesday. We'll get this taken care of. If Burris won't yield on their policy then some member here will buy the scope as an open box at a deep discount (please don't be upset that they'll pay less than you did) and you'll get a refund.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Doug is the man.

You ain't about that life.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I called Doug at Cameraland and asked him if he could send me a Burris Signature scope in 3-12x44 with ballistic plex. I got it and decided it was not going to work on the gun I intended it for. I called Doug to see about returning it for a different scope. He said it was a special order and had to check with Burris to see what there return policy was and this is what I was told. It would cost me a 25% restocking fee plus I had to pay to ship it back. A $450.00 dollar scope would cost me $112.00 to return it plus shipping. Be careful before you ask them to send you something not in there inventory.

I am thinking you need to get this scope to work. Do you need some different rings or ? You must have thought about
that before you made the special order? It is not good to vent here, returns on something like this are going to be
an issue with any seller.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

You need to learn communication skills.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

98 members (5sdad, Akhutr, 673, 7mm_Loco, 300_savage, 1minute, 14 invisible), 1,489 guests, and 874 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,207
Posts18,503,870
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.