Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
BCBrian Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Finally - an issue that I can 100% line up with right-wingers on! Not even 99% - a full 100%! If we allow people [except outside - in the winter] to dress with their faces covered - soon only the outlaws will dress that way.

Man wearing hijab robs Ottawa bank.
Ottawa police are investigating a series of bank robberies linked by one distinguishing element: the thief wore a hijab. The city saw its fourth such robbery on Thursday evening when a man dressed in a hijab, which covered his nose and mouth, passed a note demanding money to a Scotiabank teller. The suspect fled with an undisclosed amount of cash and no one was injured. He is described as a dark-skinned male, roughly five-foot-10, slimly built with dark eyes and bushy eyebrows. Police are investigating whether the suspect is also responsible for previous robberies that involved hijabs. Const. Katherine Larouche said, �There is no way of saying for sure, but sometimes descriptions given by witnesses bear some similarity and a hijab is sort of out of the ordinary.�

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
But they have ID!

[Linked Image]

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
NOT being a wiseass on this Brian, but is it not fairly common in really cold weather to wear a facemask up there in Canuckistan???

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
B
BCBrian Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Ya, outside, in the wind, in the winter - people do do that. But, no one (other than a Moslem) would think of doing it inside.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

B
BCBrian Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by T LEE
But they have ID!

[Linked Image]

Ain't that the truth! Priceless! grin

So now the question is why so many prisoners convert to Islam?
Could it be so that now they can claim to have a religious reason to walk into a bank looking like a bandit?

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"He is described as a dark-skinned male, roughly five-foot-10, slimly built with dark eyes and bushy eyebrows."

.....and NOTICEABLY lacking holes leaking vital fluids.

Semper Coonass, Semper CCW !

Oh , forgot,....you oppose CW, don't you ?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

B
BCBrian Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
What's CW?

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Concealed weapons!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

B
BCBrian Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
I'm in the middle on that one. I'm not black or white on too many issues.

Typically Canadian, in that way, I guess - lot's of shades of grey.

I want a vigorous, substantive, background check - before I'd want to allow people to buy guns or ammo - the way we presently do in Canada.

I don't want people with a history of criminal behavior or mental instability or substance abuse having easy access to guns. Again, the way Canada presently does it.

BUT - (unlike the way Canada presently does it) - If it were up to me, I'd say that if one takes the courses, passes the tests, is a person of sound mind, good character, with no history of threatening others - then I would think that such a person SHOULD be allowed to carry a concealed weapon.

That is - until they abuse the privilege.

And yes, I'd want it to be a privilege - not a right.

So, I guess you could say, I am in favour of concealed carry laws - if the other caveats apply.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

Q
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Q
Screw that "privilege" crap. Not a nutcase or an ex-con then it should be a RIGHT. The gov. doesn't grant rights. We grant them the "privilege" to oversee or govern. Changeable at the discretion of "we the people"!

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

"It's not a matter of legislating morality; it's a question of whose morality gets legislated"
IC B3

B
BCBrian Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Two different countries, two different histories.

I'm not judging American rules, merely stating how I would want Canadian laws to differ.

But, I'd add, per your example, that once you say "not a nutcase or an ex-con" - you have removed the "right" part of it - and moved it over (by definition) to a privilege.

I'd want "right to carry" in Canada - restricted to the saner, calmer, accomplished, working, non-wife beating, non-substance abusing, law abiding, top 75% or so of the population.

As far as the next 15% or so carrying - I'd rather they not be allowed to do so easily.

I'd prefer the bottom 10% (nut cases, violent people, addicts, long time non-workers, people with a criminal past, etc.) I'd prefer if they were arrested for even owning a gun.

But that's just one Canadian's opinion - on how he'd want things in Canada.

If I lived where many Americans live - I'd be lining up for my certificate as we speak.

But, living where I live - I don't feel the need.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
+1 Qtip

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
problem if it aint a right and anyone can tell they prove otherwise who gets to make the test to make it permissible?....is someone that has a lil to much to drink sometimes abusing a drug? someone that gets depressed and seeks counciling mentally impaired? the problem becomes who gets to draw the line and where it gets drawn.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If ya wanna wear a scarf, hijab, face mask, or some other giddy giddy face cover, you should. I have no problem with that.

You want to come in to MY bank, home, place of business, whatever, I make the rules. If I want it off, it comes off or you can leave. Simple. Why ya got to make a law?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Canadiens can't figure out bacon!
laugh No way they will figure out individual rights!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"I'm in the middle on that one."

Yup,....the "Middle" of a Chit Storm that is going to make this "Border Situation" of ours look like a Saturday Afternoon matinee, compared with the rooting out required to deal with what lays between Halifax and Vancouver.

And it's dumb-[bleep] like YOU that fed, watered, and cultivated your little "Problem"

You are INDEED "in the middle"

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"What's CW?

Vernon BC Canada"

Jesus, we have ANOTHER great sig line,.....

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by BCBrian
I'm in the middle on that one. I'm not black or white on too many issues.

Typically Canadian, in that way, I guess - lot's of shades of grey.

I want a vigorous, substantive, background check - before I'd want to allow people to buy guns or ammo - the way we presently do in Canada.

I don't want people with a history of criminal behavior or mental instability or substance abuse having easy access to guns. Again, the way Canada presently does it.

BUT - (unlike the way Canada presently does it) - If it were up to me, I'd say that if one takes the courses, passes the tests, is a person of sound mind, good character, with no history of threatening others - then I would think that such a person SHOULD be allowed to carry a concealed weapon.

That is - until they abuse the privilege.

And yes, I'd want it to be a privilege - not a right.

So, I guess you could say, I am in favour of concealed carry laws - if the other caveats apply.

That and the French Canadians I met while in Maine just re-affirm everything I need to know about Canaduh. And make me stay away...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Look at Vermont, anybody who can legally own a weapon can carry concealed, no permit needed.

Meanwhile right across the state line in New York you need permission with a permit to buy EVERY handgun, if you are allowed, by serial number. Most times all you can do is keep it in your house, or take it directly to and from the range.

All that crap and the crime difference between rural New York and adjacent Vermont? Nada....

We all got butcher knives in our kitchens but most of us dont start cutting on each other, laws or no laws, works the same way with guns...

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by chadwimc
[quote=BCBrian] And make me stay away...

And all Canadians are grateful!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (06hunter59, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 63 invisible), 3,067 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,674
Posts18,534,209
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.