Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
+1 on Neil at Cameraland being great to deal with!

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain
GB1

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Just calm down, everyone.

I'm sure it took a lot of courage for 8164 to admit (s)he didn't do the homework, put the vendor through extra paces to order a nonstock item, suffered buyer's remorse or realized that a ridiculous choice had been made, and was horrified that she/he might have to actually suffer some of the consequences of his/her actions.

Everyone has an there own opinion. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Oy!

"It's what they know that's just not so", often attributed to Mark Twain but that's just not so either
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sansarc
Just calm down, everyone.

I'm sure it took a lot of courage for 8164 to admit (s)he didn't do the homework, put the vendor through extra paces to order a nonstock item, suffered buyer's remorse or realized that a ridiculous choice had been made, and was horrified that she/he might have to actually suffer some of the consequences of his/her actions.

Everyone has an there own opinion. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Oy!

That right there is funny!

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by 8164
FYI. To those who think I was harping on Cameraland is wrong. The guys there have been nothing but good about this as have I. The complaint is about Burris Customer service and not Cameraland.

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Hey guys,as busy as everyone is at Christmas its amazing that more problems dont come up.I had some ammo get lost by UPS.Somehow they found my daughters address and delivered it to her.Yes they changed the address on the box.It was late but I got it.I am not making this up and I have no idea how they did it.I just got a call from my daughter saying she had a box with my name on it,The invoice inside the box had my correct address on it.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
IC B2

8164 Offline OP
OP Offline
All of the negative post here,well are unneccsary (thats your opinion). If you read the post correctely it never said anything negative about Doug it was clearly about Burris Customer Service ( a 25% restocking fee by Burris is excessive (MY opinion).
I am Confident that at least 99% of you have purchased something and after getting it decided to send it back or exchange it.

IF not your memory fails you.

Retired Military

Last edited by 8164; 01/01/11.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
what is your regular handle on here, and why do you feel the need to post under a new one on this matter?

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by 8164
I served over 20 years in the military to help protect our freedom and freedom of speech. All of the negative post here,well are unneccsary (thats your opinion). If you read the post correctely it never said anything negative about Doug it was clearly about Burris Customer Service ( a 25% restocking fee by Burris is excessive (MY opinion).
I am Confident that at least 99% of you have purchased something and after getting it decided to send it back or exchange it.

IF not your memory fails you.

Retired Military

Well that's compelling dickweed, I'm guessing you are a 'Christian' also?

I've served for 27 years and I am still active and I'd not do anything like what you've posted nor would any of the guys I know.

So shove it up your ass, there's my freedom of speech.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
what is your regular handle on here, and why do you feel the need to post under a new one on this matter?

Being able to see IP addresses, as well as screen names, would be amusing.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
So shove it up your ass, there's my freedom of speech.

SIUYA Lane

IC B3

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Here is Doug's reply to him in another thread

Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
As Neil told you when he spoke to you...Sit tight and let him speak with me about it. I am out of the store today and will speak with the Burris rep on Monday.

I just ripped Neil an new azzhole for telling you anything without speaking with me first as there is no reason for you to pay a 25% restocking fee even though it was a special order item that you changed your mind about. Schitt, I'll take it back and post it as an open box item here in the classifieds before I'd let you pay that.

So, as Neil said...sit tight. I'll be back in the store Monday and I will speak with the rep.

BTW, 8164, I see this was your first post....Welcome to the forum

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth.../Camera_Land_s_Current_Sales#Post4541574
This is another example of the excellent service you can expect from Doug, we are lucky to have this guy, Doug is the best...........................Hillbilly.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Gosh, this thread was started with a negative comment. Negativity seems to be the reason for its existence. The OPs reference to them brought Doug and his business along for the ride.

The title of thread has been changed to remove the reference to Cameraland. This might lead folks to conclude that someone tends to act in haste and engage in a bit of revisionist history.

But no matter. Doug will help you if he can.

"It's what they know that's just not so", often attributed to Mark Twain but that's just not so either
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Man, maybe I'm just different but I'd be pretty ticked if I was going to be charged a 25% re-stocking fee for a higher priced item unless it was specifically pointed out before hand. I've spent thousands(upon thousands) on optics and never returned a single item but I know that if the time ever came when I felt a purchase wouldn't work for me, I'd expect to return the item and get a full refund.

Now Doug is stepping up to the plate like he always does but some of you are going off like it's sacrilegious to even consider questioning a restocking fee just because it's Doug. I mean I really like Doug and Cameraland and they get 95% of my business but I don't jump all over someone's azz just because they have an issue they feel needs brought up.

Let it go.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
You do realize it was a special order item, right?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
fwiw,
Having hated Burris for 15 years(from use) I toured their factory in 06', right next to an agricultural implement dealer(no slur as I am a multigenerational farmer), you deserve what you get when dealing with Burris. Be forwarned their "clean room" is relative. I found a beaner eating something, conversing in Spanish WITHOUT SHOES on in their CLEAN ROOM. When they found out, and I don't know how, that I was a Schmidt Bender dealer everything changed. I was given the quick trip to the door by the Uber Wops... About the only thing I would buy from Burris, and this is stretching it, is their mounts. I watched the Swiss Citizen CNC Machining Center spitting out good mounts...

Carried an Etalon .0001" Dial Indicating Micrometer and once seen using them they *hit the proverbial roof. I assured them I was looking at a third world factory. They produced good gear by Fuc*up only....

That said he WHO buys Burris and expects more than a turd in a box?

The funny part was the allegation I was spying on Burris! I assured them Schmidt Bender may share an hilarious e-mail but little else would be gained...

Regards, Matt Garrett
757-581-6270

Btw, Call if you have any questions...(seriously)

Last edited by Matt in Virginia; 01/02/11.

NRA Life Benefactor Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As I stated earlier, I just needed to wait until after Christmas week to speak with someone at Burris. Burris was cool about everything. I explained the situation to them and they offered to take it back or allow me to offer it here as an open box special. The guy who special ordered it was refunded in full (Burris even covered the original shipping of the special order scope to him).
I guess all's well that ends well and now someone has the opportunity to buy this Burris 3-12x44 BP Signature Series riflescope for only $399.99.

Have a great day

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can't beat that service from Cameraland or Burris!

Well done and thanks for what you do to keep your customers happy.

I'm thinking the OP needs to come on and acknowledge that he was wrong about Burris and Cameraland.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J

I ma not impressed with Burris. In fact, I will NEVER buy one again, either new or used.
http://www.noslerreloading.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=8593

JD338

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

495 members (1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 06hunter59, 1OntarioJim, 1minute, 2500HD, 57 invisible), 2,099 guests, and 1,148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,273
Posts18,505,012
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.