Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
rob p Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
My friend brought 5 of his city friends to the club today. There were 3 guys and 3 gals all together. The club guys were tongues hanging out ga ga over the girls. Pretty twenty somethings in tight jeans and belly shirts. They all shot my friend's .22 and got quite a kick out of it. One of the guys brought a .38 and they all shot it too. I brought my .300 WSM. The guys shot and then the girls. Everyone put a hole through a quarter at 100 yds and got a little keepsake. There's a muzzle brake on it and it's heavy so it doesn't kick. They all said it was the loudest gun they ever shot, but not a beater.

We made venison sausage and cooked up some backstraps and onions and peppers and fed everyone. Five of them never had venison before. One girl thought it would be gamey. It was nice and clean. Everything went really well, and the city folk had a a good time. It was a great way to start off the year.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds good.

Once or twice a year my company brings in all the new management from around the country to a central location for some training. The evenings are usually filled with an activity, one of which is often at a small-time trap/skeet/sporting clays range. We've introduced many people, guys and gals, to shooting. Several have commented afterwards that due to that event they went out and bought a shotgun.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rob p
Pretty twenty somethings in tight jeans and belly shirts.

And nobody had a camera?? confused

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Pics or it didn't happen.

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
F
Agreed. Pictures speak a thousand words....

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wildbill59
Pics or it didn't happen.

No doubt! Ante up, or else!

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Nice work giving the city folks a glimpse of the good life.
Don't sweat the pics.....its always better left to the imagination. smile

rob p Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
It was great sitting those pretty little things down behind my .300WSM. They all sat on top of it. I had to scoot them all back so they could get their cheek down on the stock. Big crowd of guys behind them, you know. I was so happy when no one got hit in the head with the scope. The last girl to shoot got to shoot the milk jug. I sat a coke can on top. She hit the jug and blew the can at least 40 or 50 feet in the air. She jumped back. I thought she got hit, but she was just excited. It was cool. Three good looking girls shot their first rifles, pistols and ate venison for the first time. I just wish the guys brought one for me! Oh yeah, there were 3 guys there too. I forgot.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Five of them never had venison before. One girl thought it would be gamey.

I"m convinced most people who say that don't even know what it means. They're just repeating what they've always heard and never even tried it. America is full of parrots just jabbering to hear their brains rattle. Their bird brains, that is.

"I've never tried any wild game... because it tastes gamey." crazy

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

rob p Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I had to open my big mouth and lecture her. I told her that your typical hunter here goes to Maine for a week. He shoots a deer on Monday, and lets it hang until Saturday before taking it home. If it's warm out, they might sprinkle pepper on the meat to keep the bugs away, but the facts are, that every minute the meat is between 40 degrees and 140 degrees, bacteria is multiplying and breaking down the meat, otherwise known as rotting! Let's imaging, our hunter didn't make a perfect shot and paunches the deer. Imagine what kind of bacteria is spread all over the meat now. How about that. Gamey? Rotten!

In my circle of friends, we help each other, and a deer is out of the woods, out of it's hide, and stuffed in the walk in as soon as possible. If I have to hang a deer and it's warm, it gets a couple bags of ice in the cavity and a game bag. The work begins when the deer is down.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That is great fun. Had my kids and a bunch of their 20-30yr old friends out for barbeque and shooting. One young man had been trying to get his wife to shoot his 20ga and no dice. I finally got her to shoot a few skeet and she loved it. She went with him to the skeet club for the first time after that..

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Taking city folk out to do this kind of stuff seems to break the ice -they realize guns aren't going to kill me.
And like Archerhunter said most people are just repeating what they've heard about eating wild game.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 16penny, 60 invisible), 2,550 guests, and 1,483 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,191
Posts18,484,973
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.