Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by T LEE
Just not much of a movie person, True Grit is the first theater movie I have seed since Avatar and before that was Shreck.

get to go to the local theater for free since the wife works there regularly and ive been known to put in a few hours every once in awhile......paid the money to see Avatar in 3D at one of the bigger theaters when the wife and i were out of town and am glad i did, was one of the more impressive things ive seen as far as movies go....saw it again when it hit our theater on film and it was a let down after seeing it out of a digital 3D projector....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Happy Birfday Pugs!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Pugs
I guess that's the difference between you and me, Steve.

ANY AND ALL differences with TRH ought to be celebrated with vigor! grin
I guess that would depend heavily on one's political perspective. If you're for the status quo, I guess that might well be the case. Want a return to limited Constitutional government, then probably not.

Actually, your generally nut factor goes so far beyond your head-in-the-sand politics I'm very happy to be different than you in any and all aspects of my life. If there was ever an example of where the federal government should regulate what teachers teach you'd be it.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RAS2
Not too bad. The kids loved it and the wife cried as Andy grew up. Good story line as usual.
I'll see if I can catch it on Pay Per View.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Boy got the dvd for Christmas. I've seen everyday for a week. crazy

"That's what happens when your leaders stop being an American and start being a politician." George S. Patton
What would Yoda do...your ass kick it he would.
[Linked Image]
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If there was ever an example of where the federal government should regulate what teachers teach you'd be it.

He should not be allowed in a classroom.
This fool is about a certifiable nutso

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
on walking sticks.
in arizona we often make them out of the spines of a suharo cactus. Really strong, but light.
I keep thinking about buying one of those canes at the sportsmans warehouse that has a big brass ducks head for the handle.
Might be could for teaching ruffians a lesson about an old man.
If you have a bad leg, i would think it hard for various governmental entities to confiscate it.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Actually, your generally nut factor goes so far beyond your head-in-the-sand politics I'm very happy to be different than you in any and all aspects of my life. If there was ever an example of where the federal government should regulate what teachers teach you'd be it.
Just about how I had you measured up. What in hell does the Federal Government have to do with local education? Should be 100% locally controlled and funded. And who's the one with his head in the sand, the guy who refuses to research how the banks are manipulating government policy through the Federal Reserve (an unconstitutional institution) or the guy who understands same and wants to fix the problem?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Just don't bring up fluorides!
grin

BTW, Happy B-day Allen.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RAS2
Boy got the dvd for Christmas. I've seen everyday for a week. crazy
laugh I can relate. When I show a video to the class, I have to see it five time.

IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Yup, stain it black.

Yup, what DD says.

That, or cut it in half, connect it with a short length of chain, and you've got half a new set o' numchucks!
What's the obsession you folks have with nunchucks? It's just one among many forms of convenient bludgeons developed by folks looking for a way to defend themselves when prohibited by the state from carrying what the state considered real weapons, which in the old days meant daggers and swords and such. In Ireland, their solution was the shillelagh, where only the British occupiers were permitted to carry edged weapons. In Japan, only Samurai were permitted edged weapons, so the peasants (the vast majority of the population) had to develop techniques for using innocuous looking everyday items as effective tools of self-defense. In the case of the nunchuck (nunchaku), it was a common agricultural tool. The Samurai couldn't complain, after all, if peasants were caught with common ag tools in their possession, so they left them alone. It's been a common theme in many parts of the world throughout the history of human society. Hell, the Brits were in the precess of disarming us when we responded with a hail of lead aimed their way at Lexington and Concord. Had we ultimately lost that particular struggle, we too might have been limited to carrying only shillelaghs to accompany us in our travels.

Just yankin' yer chain, dude. grin

When I still lived in the city and walked my dogs in off-leash areas, I would carry a walking stick. I had a nice stout oak walking stick with a brass handle that I would carry on such outings. I had to use it twice on other dogs that attacked my dog. It's amazing how quickly an aggressive dog will change his mind and ki-yi back to his master when whacked across the snout with it.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
If you have a bad leg, i would think it hard for various governmental entities to confiscate it.
Yep. That's the point, and who's to say what a bad leg is. wink

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wife took me to see the original "Pirates of the Caribbean" but the next two we bought when they came out on DVD, same Open Range, 3:10 to Yuma and Appaloosa.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Appaloosa is a good watch. Wife got that for me at the advice of her Dad. I really enjoyed it and have watched it several times.

"That's what happens when your leaders stop being an American and start being a politician." George S. Patton
What would Yoda do...your ass kick it he would.
[Linked Image]
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T

When I still lived in the city and walked my dogs in off-leash areas, I would carry a walking stick. I had a nice stout oak walking stick with a brass handle that I would carry on such outings. I had to use it twice on other dogs that attacked my dog. It's amazing how quickly an aggressive dog will change his mind and ki-yi back to his master when whacked across the snout with it.
And you can tell some dogs have already felt the sting of a walking stick. Just raise it up, and they know to keep their distance.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I even have a laminated prescription to carry my cane, like to cover all bases.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

And you can tell some dogs have already felt the sting of a walking stick. Just raise it up, and they know to keep their distance.

Yep. And the owners of said dogs learn not to bother walking their dogs in the off-leash area when they see your car in the parking lot!

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 340boy

Just don't bring up fluorides!
grin

BTW, Happy B-day Allen.
Isn't it odd, though, that no one is allowed to take a view in opposition to the government's party line on this topic? We've all been trained to respond with hoots and hollers if anyone should take the other side. But if you actually consider the issue, it's not really the least bit funny. I could perfectly see taking the establishment side of it, and defending it with whatever facts one can muster, but the humor element is really nothing short of Pavlovian conditioning.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have also found that most punks back off when I bring my cane to "port arms".

Old cat turd!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What in hell does the Federal Government have to do with local education? Should be 100% locally controlled and funded. And who's the one with his head in the sand, the guy who refuses to research how the banks are manipulating government policy through the Federal Reserve (an unconstitutional institution) or the guy who understands same and wants to fix the problem?

Always good to watch you come unglued. Thanks for the birthday present grin

The function of the Federal government in education should be to establish standards at various milestones to ensure that students actually learn stuff that makes them relevant in todays environment. I don't think that local school boards should have a role in core subject standards as they have proven time and time again to approve or disapprove teaching evolution and creationism or a myriad of other topics that represents some local interest or position. Sure, a lot do a fine at creating and teaching relevant content but far too many don't and won't and that is a diservice to the kids that are being prepped to go out in life.

You want your kids to learn weird crap? Homeschool them. That's not to say homeschooling itself bad, some of the best and brightest and kids I've met have been home schooled for some very good reasons.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

660 members (10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 160user, 10Glocks, 61 invisible), 16,418 guests, and 1,035 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,202
Posts18,543,596
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.