Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
E4E Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Friends,and fellow rifle weenies.
<br>If you have a donor rifle/action in the short version and with the bolt handle on the "Correct" side,I'm dying to make your aquaintence!!!!!!!!!
<br>Let me convince you that you need to sell it to me!
<br>I'm looking for a LH action in the .473 family,and of the short persuasion.
<br>I have this evil plan for world domination that requires such a thing....uh... and the crows have been pissing me off lately.
<br>Seriously!
<br>If ya gots one,holler!
<br>I will send the FFL for shipping.
<br>Thanks all!
<br>E4E

My Tractor ain't sexy!
My Rifle however, has issues with the matter.
The wife Definately ain't cornfused!
Good thing I have a Dog to come home to!!!!!!
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Pat:
<br>
<br>I found one for you on auction arms, might work, ain't all that cheap, but you odd handed types have to pay the piper. link is
<br>http://www.auctionarms.com/search/displayitem.cfm?ItemNum=2252523
<br>
<br>I wasn't able to search gunbroker.com, emporarily off line, you might check them. Gunsamerica had none in Short actions. Hope this helps. CAT

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq

E4E Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
CAT,
<br>Thanks gobs Man!I'll head over that way and see if the wallet rape is possible...
<br>Iappreciate it!
<br>Pat

My Tractor ain't sexy!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Pat, you just need to break that left arm really good and learn how to shoot correctly (wink). I have seen this procedure work very effectively. If it doesn't work the first time, try, try again. Flinch

Flinch Outdoor Gear broadhead extractor. The best device for pulling your head out.
E4E Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Flinch,
<br>At one time a couple buds and I,decided to qualify using the opposite shoulder.We had already had our annual qualification,and were a bit bored.The bet was a case of the preferred beer to the guy that shot the highest using the wrong shoulder.
<br>My roomie "Underdog" took it with a 235 out of 250.
<br>I came in second with a 232,which was 2 points under my bootcamp score.
<br>I can shoot from the wrong side,and when using a wrong handed rifle...I just don't want to.
<br>Life is too short to go through it making concessions to the majority.I'm done with using someone elses rifle.
<br>Even after I flipped my CJ5 and tore up my left shoulder real bad,I took a nice 6point buck using slugs in a 590A1 from the left shoulder. lemme see if I can illustrate:Crunch,crunch,"YUCK! wrong side",(flip mosseyburg to left shoulder),crunch,crunch BOOOM!!"UGGGGHHHH!!!! ow,ow,ow,ow,ow OHMIGAWD,OW,OW,sheeee1111t!OW,OW...whoa! nice buck!"
<br>It sucks,but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
<br>Thanks for the kind suggestion though....I think.
<br>Keep safe man!
<br>E4E
<br>

My Tractor ain't sexy!
IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
E4E
<br>Have you considered building a lefty on a custom action?
<br>

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Pat, what gives? I looked for such an action for 20 or 30 months, and all the while you were Remington-bashing and Tikka-praising.
<br>
<br>I never found a 700 LH short that wasn't almost the same price I could get a new one for - over $500.
<br>
<br>So I got a Tikka LH Model 595 in LH .223. I figured I'd at least have an action, and that the odds were that she'd outshoot me anyway.
<br>
<br>Now here you go scratching around for 700s right before the eyes of your own convert! The disillusion is overwhelming!
<br>
<br>Don't I remember Blaine chiding you for bashing 700s while your very own silhouette shooter is such a creature?
<br>
<br>Haven't shot the Tikka yet. My wife is in the hospital with pneumonia as I write, and my job's been a tsunami for two months. Plus it is taking longer to get the Tikka Optilock rings than it did to get the rifle.
<br>
<br>Another 700 action indeed. What kind of soulless creature are you attempting to conjure out ot this one?
<br>
<br>If you find one in two days, I'm really going to be cheesed. I probably saved myself some money by not going custom, though.
<br>
<br>
<br>Shaken, Jeff

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Pat? Pat! How long are you going to let me get away with the above post?
<br>
<br>Jeff

E4E Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Talus,
<br>Get your wife out of the Hospital man!
<br>That sucks!!!!!!!
<br>Tsunami at work? Me too.
<br>The 700 thing is cuz I wish to do something completely stupid,and Tikka(Thanks to those IDIOTS at Barfetta)does not import a .358Win. in the LH model whitetail hunter.
<br>If I get a Tikka,and swap out the stock and barrel for what I want,I am buying an action and adding another new barrel to the pile.
<br>I'm playing the odds that I can get a 700 Remmie action before I can get what I really want from the Finns.
<br>I have a new LH Tikka on order chambered in .35Whelen though.....
<br>I couldn't stand it anymore:D!
<br>Don't fret.I'm just as sick as ever.
<br>I just don't have as much time as I used too.
<br>Extend my wishes that Mrs.Talus gets healthy fast.
<br>Good women are more rare than fine rifles,and the fact that she puts up with one of us here,puts her in the above category of Ladies.
<br>Hang in there man.
<br>Take care!
<br>E4E
<br>

My Tractor ain't sexy!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Pat,
<br>
<br>If it would help you out, I know a guy that rebores for about $200 bucks. The equipment he uses was built by P.O. Ackley. I had him do a .35 Whelen and it's a shooter. He cut rifles. Let me know if you want his info.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Spike
<br>
<br>I've been looking for someone to rebore a rifle. Would you share info on your gunsmith with me. You can e-mail me. I had been using Dick Nickle in WA but unfortunately he passed away last year. He did excellent work and was a pleasure to talk/deal with.
<br>
<br>Paul

'Tis far better to walk alone than to follow a crowd going the wrong way.
E4E Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Spike,
<br>I appreciate it! However I am on a mission on this one.
<br>Certain barrel contour and length,MPI stock,SS barrel,would prefer SS action as well,but I guess us leftys don't rate.I hate to admit it,but I'm stuck with the 700 on this project.It will take a couple of years at this rate...but I gotta do it.
<br>I do however need to yak at you about some of your "Bidness" related kinda stuff.
<br>Drop me a line at echo4echocsi-net.net
<br>I would call you,but being 3 hours different,and me being a Nuclear Vampire means that I'm headed for the rack about the time your alarm goes off in the morning.
<br>I need to stuff an asset or two before I spend it on toys that go boom,and dead critters....
<br>Coyote in the henhouse mean anything to you?
<br>Cheers!
<br>E4E

My Tractor ain't sexy!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Paul & Pat,
<br>
<br>emails sent.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Speaking of left hand rifles, did Spike show you his latest acquisition?
<br>
<br>Spike ol' buddy, I'd fear for your later years if'n I was you, cause you're using up all of your good luck much too soon! [Linked Image]

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Jim,
<br>
<br>Shhhhhhhhhh...I'm liable to get thrown in the pokey for thievery. :-)
<br>
<br>(Will call ya in a minute to boast)

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

513 members (1234, 1lessdog, 160user, 219 Wasp, 10ring1, 204guy, 35 invisible), 2,364 guests, and 1,123 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,856
Posts18,517,676
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.