Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by JStor
Firearms owners expect people who own firearms companies to back freedom and the 2nd amendment. Standing before your customer base and telling them they are "simple" peons who can not be trusted with high capacity magazines shows the same arrogance the leftist politicians exhibit.

On another note, Cooper Firearms took a hit a couple of years ago because the CEO supported Obama. It means I vote with my dollars, and I won't be buying any Coopers, either. I am reminded every day these past two years that Obama got elected by a bunch of morons.

Spot on, my friend

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well then jwp, YOU are completely anti-2nd Amendment.

How? Your sig line denigrates one caliber versus another. Since you can't be even an echo of a shadow critical of ANYTHING about shooting and still be pro-gun, you are clearly anti-gun.

Don't blame me, those are YOUR arguments.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Dan Cooper was ousted from the Cooper company due to the Obama stuff, shortly after the news became public two years ago. Boycotting Cooper is about as smart as boycotting Ruger because Bill Ruger (who pased away 8-1/2 years ago) made some negative comments about high-capacity magazines on civilian firearms.

I am a bit reluctant to buy into the spin that Dan Cooper has no monetary interest in Cooper Firearms.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Well then jwp, YOU are completely anti-2nd Amendment.

How? Your sig line denigrates one caliber versus another. Since you can't be even an echo of a shadow critical of ANYTHING about shooting and still be pro-gun, you are clearly anti-gun.

Don't blame me, those are YOUR arguments.

Your logic is totally flawed. Nothing about rating the merits of one defensive caliber against another is anti gun. No where do I suggest to limit number of firearms owned or magazine capacity

Rocky you are usually logical but that post was not

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by jwp475
Dan Cooper was ousted from the Cooper company due to the Obama stuff, shortly after the news became public two years ago. Boycotting Cooper is about as smart as boycotting Ruger because Bill Ruger (who pased away 8-1/2 years ago) made some negative comments about high-capacity magazines on civilian firearms.

I am a bit reluctant to buy into the spin that Dan Cooper has no monetary interest in Cooper Firearms.

It's not "spin" , the same guy who owns Wilson barrels now owns ALL of Cooper Arms. Dan Cooper owns no part of it and has not been seen at the plant since November of 2008.

The Obama flap merely hastened a buyout that had been in the works for many months.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm merely extending your own comment that you can only be pro or anti and no half-way is allowed. If there's a logic fault, it isn't mine.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am also sure that in his present condition, Bill Ruger could not care less about what anybody thinks about what he said while alive. It also seems pretty weird to boycott a company due to what somebody who has passed away once said.

I don't have an active boycott against Ruger, but I don't go out of my way to buy Ruger products, either.

As far as I know, the company is still in the family, and I don't blame those who won't buy Ruger products based on principle.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I'm merely extending your own comment that you can only be pro or anti and no half-way is allowed. If there's a logic fault, it isn't mine.

Oh but there is fault in your logic. I believe that one has the right to own any caliber for whatever purpose they choose to use it for.

I have never and never will support limitations on number of firearms owned or magazine capacity, both of which are anti gun

Your stretching way too far

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So the fact the Ruger has supplied millions of guns to the American public counts for nothing compared to a comment from their long dead founder?

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Ramblin_Razorback
I am also sure that in his present condition, Bill Ruger could not care less about what anybody thinks about what he said while alive. It also seems pretty weird to boycott a company due to what somebody who has passed away once said.

I don't have an active boycott against Ruger, but I don't go out of my way to buy Ruger products, either.

As far as I know, the company is still in the family, and I don't blame those who won't buy Ruger products based on principle.

I have not ever boycotted Ruger either, but I am very disappointed in Bill Rugers anti 2nd amendment stance

As for Cooper, NO WAY JOSE. Cooper backed an antio 2nd amendment administration and I will not even ever consider one

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
But you are against a gun maker, and that -by your own argument- is anti-gun because it limits MY choice.

Sorry, my friend. Your logic bites your own butt.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

No Rocky you are off that you can't even see the front. I am not against a firearm maker, I am not against gun makers, but I am against the ones that take money from they gun buying public and then use the profits to back anti 2nd amendment administrations

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You can't have that both ways, jwp. You can't be "not against gun makers" and then be "against gun makers who..." At least you can't if you also hold that a person can be pro or anti but not 1/2. Those were your words, and then you proceed to claim that you are in fact 1/2.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Well Rocky one has to draw a line and I have drawn mine. I do not want my money used by the anti 2nd amendment forces. If you do or can not see the difference then I guess that puts you on the side of the ANTI 2nd AMENDMNET CROWD.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I heard Bill Ruger would buy black rifles and tear them up in his basement.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Live today and for the future. Running down Ruger-the company-today is living in the past.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Jwp, there is no difference between your gun maker comments and Nancy Pelosi who said she is not against the rich, but she is against the rich who...

Bill Ruger also drew a line. He didn't want his products used for possibly illicit purposes. Who can find fault with that? As far as I know, he didn't send any of his company's money to anti-gun forces, and nobody else in the company has either.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shrapnel
I haven't paid much attention to him. I met him at the International Varmint Shooters convention back in the 1980's and he was the keynote speaker. He talked about how we need to hide our game and signs of dead animals when we come back from the field.

Ever since then I haven't paid any attention to him. I guess I don't think I need to be a "closet" killer, half the fun of hunting is showing off your trophy...

[Linked Image]

That deserves a few trips around town, and the next town.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
I heard Bill Ruger would buy black rifles and tear them up in his basement.

Poke the coals and stir them up why don't you.

I heard that he liked to take apart pre 64 Winchester mod 70's and replace components with MIM parts and legal proof triggers!!!

Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool !!

"Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until your sights are on the target".

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The reason no one has heard from Mr. Petzal is that he has been busy melting AR's into slag.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 12344mag, 69 invisible), 2,696 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,829
Posts18,516,877
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.