In Zumbo's backyard to boot.

GB1

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Jwp, there is no difference between your gun maker comments and Nancy Pelosi who said she is not against the rich, but she is against the rich who...

Bill Ruger also drew a line. He didn't want his products used for possibly illicit purposes. Who can find fault with that? As far as I know, he didn't send any of his company's money to anti-gun forces, and nobody else in the company has either.

I would think that any sane person would not want their product used for illicit purposes. I am sure that automakers do not wwant people useing the autos that they make to intentionaly run people down on the streets. Yet I do not see them openly supporting restrictions on the products

Your liberal logic is just plain silly

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by jwp475

I would think that any sane person would not want their product used for illicit purposes. I am sure that automakers do not wwant people useing the autos that they make to intentionaly run people down on the streets. Yet I do not see them openly supporting restrictions on the products

Your liberal logic is just plain silly

Bullschit.

Automakers DO support "restrictions" on automobiles.

WTF are vehicle registration,licensing and insurance laws laws?

Speed limits?

Vehicle Highway safety specifications ?

Minimum age limits for care ownership?

Automakers support ALL those "restrictions".

Does that make them Anti-Automobile? Anti driving?

Last edited by jim62; 01/06/11.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

You have proof of that or are you just pulling it out of you back side, but automobiles are not protected as a right by the 2nd amendment either

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by jwp475

You have proof of that or are you just pulling it out of you back side, but automobiles are not protected as a right by the 2nd amendment either

I sure do not see car companies fighting most any of the auto laws in this country.

And the 2nd amendment does NOT say ANYTHING about high capacity magazines either.

I guess any gun company who does not wish the repeal of the 1930s laws restricting Machine gun ownership are "anti-gun" your eyes as well?

Last edited by jim62; 01/06/11.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
jwp475 has it right. At some point you draw a line.

The citizens of this country will compromise away all of their traditional constitutional freedoms real soon...wait a minute, they already nearly have.

Some of the firearms companies and writers apparently have been out to lunch at Fuddsville. They seem to think the 2nd amendment has something to do with hunting arms, when in fact the original intent was aimed at martial arms.

Why do you think the left desires restrictions? It's just one step closer to confiscation. They can not control the populace if those "peons" are armed. Now be a good little citizen and turn in your guns and support Obama and George Soros and all the other schemers. That way we can all get along. Of course, I'm being facetious, but you get the picture.

Lest folks think it is just about firearms companies, think again. I don't shop at Target either, because of the stance they've taken against our servicemen and women and the salvation army, etc.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We should just get rid of the first amendment. Friggin� people sayin� and writin� whatever they damn well please is what causes the problem in the first place. A true American should have ONE opinion and ONE opinion only and it should match what the rest of us think. Anybody who don�t like it can leave and go to some commie liberal country where they don�t allow freedoms like we do.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Let's just drop this. We've gone far from the original post and have gotten to the point where some are rationalizing their own opinions because they are theirs, but castigating anyone else's opinion. They then resort to name calling, which marks the end of any rational discussion because it means the name-caller is losing but has no other arrows in his quiver.

Besides, I have other things to do - such as writing a gun article.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
I heard Bill Ruger would buy black rifles and tear them up in his basement.

With his bare hands?......Whoa!

grin
Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Let's just drop this. We've gone far from the original post and have gotten to the point where some are rationalizing their own opinions because they are theirs, but castigating anyone else's opinion. They then resort to name calling, which marks the end of any rational discussion because it means the name-caller is losing but has no other arrows in his quiver.

But Rocky, just think of it as practice........

grin
Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

RATIONALIZER !! grin

Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool !!

"Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until your sights are on the target".

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H

I hope you are doing another one for Handloader!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JStor
jwp475 has it right. At some point you draw a line.

The citizens of this country will compromise away all of their traditional constitutional freedoms real soon...wait a minute, they already nearly have.

Some of the firearms companies and writers apparently have been out to lunch at Fuddsville. They seem to think the 2nd amendment has something to do with hunting arms, when in fact the original intent was aimed at martial arms.

Why do you think the left desires restrictions? It's just one step closer to confiscation. They can not control the populace if those "peons" are armed. Now be a good little citizen and turn in your guns and support Obama and George Soros and all the other schemers. That way we can all get along. Of course, I'm being facetious, but you get the picture.

Lest folks think it is just about firearms companies, think again. I don't shop at Target either, because of the stance they've taken against our servicemen and women and the salvation army, etc.

Very well said, I agree with both of you (you and jwp).

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

The Gun Digest Book of Hunting Revolvers:
https://youtu.be/zKJbjjPaNUE

Bovine Bullet Test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmtZky8T7-k&t=35s

Gun Digest TV's Modern Shooter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGo-KMpXPpA&t=7s
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I sure do like that Dave Petzel guy.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by SU35
Petzal turned me off when he came out with his snide comments about certain Republicans in leadership.

He struck me as a Libtard.

Getting back to the OP, Petzal turned me off when he came out with his snide comments about a 222Rem being only for 100yd use.

He struck me as a dumbfounded [bleep].

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Where and when did he say that? Just curious.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (10Glocks, 1minute, 1234, 117LBS, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 56 invisible), 2,483 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,875
Posts18,518,107
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.