Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
WHEN I ORIGINALLY POSTED THIS, THE 'WATCH OUT!' WAS DEFINATELY TONGUE IN CHEEK, AND WAS DESIGNED TO GET MANY TO READ IT. PROBABLY WORKED, BUT SOME HAVE SUGGESTED THAT MEMBERS MIGHT JUST SEE THE TITLE AND FILE AWAY A NEGATIVE THOUGHT REGARDING MY FREIND OSO250. SO, IF YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE HOPEFULLY THIS WILL GET YOUR ATTENTION AND ALL WILL NOTE THE GENEROSITY THIS BROUGHT TO LIGHT AND THAT THE TTLE WAS INTENTIONALLY MIS LEADING SO AS TO ELICIT THE MOST ATTENTION. SORRY IF MY ATTEMPT PUT ANY NEGATIVE ON A FIINE GENTLEMAN. THANKS TO ALL - MARK

I posted here about looking for a good value in a scope of apx 4-12x prefferably gloss finish. Oso250 replied and offered up a scope or two as possibilities. When he learned that they were for a Pastor Friend of mine who had just taken a cut in salary to help the church he sent me TWO scopes, and FREE of charge! Would not even let me/us pay anything for shipping! One was a Weaver nice V-9 AO and the other a good, solid 4x scope. Pastor Owen has four girls who hunt with him and needed to upgrade from the bubble pack Bushnell junk on a couple of low recoil rifles in the worst way, especially on the Garcia / Sako 223 he had traded himself into. So look out for this character, you just DONT KNOW what one like him could be capable of! My way of saying, THANK YOU - A YOU HELPED A GOOD MAN, A LOT.

MARK

Last edited by safariman; 01/13/11. Reason: explained tongue in cheek intent here

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
GB1

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
thx MARK

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Safariman - Just a suggestion to change your title "WATCH OUT for Oso 250!!!!". After reading it I totally get your intent and heart is to publicly say thank you. The problem I see is that not everyone reads post contents but they always see the titles so it could inadvertently give Oso250 a bad rap.

Well done, oso250

Jamie

Last edited by Aletheuo; 01/12/11.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I was just communicating with OSO about some 7MM bullets I had just bought from him. Glad to hear he is a GREAT guy.
6MMWASP

Last edited by 6MMWASP; 01/12/11.
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Just take the Out....Out !!!

What are friends for if you cant use um.
IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
J
The title may lead one to believe that OSO is of questionable moral character.I agree a title change may be in order.JMHO
Jim

HM3 USN
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Awesome to hear. Thank you for sharing this.

Robert

Bruz
"You can't scare me.........I have kids"

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Great Post! Very noble of OSO!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nice to hear about the good guys. --- Mel

The only thing I'm an expert at is my own opinion, and I have plenty of those!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
oso250 - Thank you!

ddj

Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back. - Robert Ruark
IC B3

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
im glad to hear stuff like that. if there is anything else that would help out please let me know. this is what we are supposed to be about, isn't it?

F
F
MAX HOOAHS!

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
VERY nice post to read....

Originally Posted by jry444
The title may lead one to believe that OSO is of questionable moral character.I agree a title change may be in order.JMHO
Jim
Agreed...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
cool I LIKE these post!!!!

Take your kids hunting, instead of hunting your kids.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
D
Cannot hear enough about the good things that happen here.
+10000 to OSO250.

Lloyd McCarter and the Honky Tonk Revival
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Personally, I think the post did exactly what it was supposed to do: it got folks to read it (completely), and highlighted a very generous member.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I agree, well done.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I wish your graciousness to be returned. Thanks for putting a blessing on someone less fortunate then yourself in the $$ sense.

Bless you!
SEF

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Added an edit here, in caps, to make sure no one mis understands what occurred. That the watch out was tongue in cheek. Thanks again to OSO250 and to many here.

RE Pastor Owen Frost: I am proud to serve with this man as he gave up a career as a travelling and singing evangalist to start a non denominatinal (No help from a big brother denomination) non traditional, seeker or unchurched freindly work in a building that has no spires or stained glass and does not look or smell or feel like a traditional Church work. The church is the PEOPLE and the spirit of GOD that dwells there, not the building. Pastor Owen often preaches while wearing blue jeans and an untucked shirt, attenders come pretty casually dressed so that community members who do not have dress clothes or do not like to dress up (Why? after all...) feel good about visiting. This church, Stateline Community, is probably the only Church in the valley that would have let me put on my Christian Heavy metal rock and roll Easter Show called "To HELL with the DEVIL!" AND allowed the main door prize to be an AR-15 rifle! This year we hope to do the same, but make the AR the second prize and make the grand prize a Harley Davidson Motorcycle! Anyone here want to donate one of THOSE?? smile smile

The Church body here is growing via new Believers coming to Christ for the first time rather than stealing them from other Churches which we do not do or promote.

Maybe I should have put this somewhere else, just noticed the post is off topic and a litle long. OOPS. Oh well, Thanks again to our generous freind and God Bless him and others here. MARK

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Mark,

I know you're trying to put up a good post about Oso250, but think you really need to try again with the topic... I still don't think it's conveying the message you really want even after the change.

Last edited by mtnman1; 01/13/11.

Check out my new website

http://www.howemtnknives.com/
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

633 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 62 invisible), 2,827 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,830
Posts18,516,985
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.