Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
My point was/is that where most folks packing a gun would be a + the rest would be just as bad as the nut doing the killing. I just don't like the idea of the guy living down the street who is high on crack (what ever) needs to be packing a gun.

That's because you are a dumbazz........

Just because it may be legal for anyone to carry a gun it dosen't necessarily mean that everyone will!

There a millions of people in the US that are qualified to carry guns, but only a minority of them actually do.

You idiot!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You've had adequate time to compose your thoughts. At least that would apply to anyone with an IQ above room temperature.

"I just don't like the idea of the guy living down the street who is high on crack (what ever) needs to be packing a gun."

A.) WTF does that have to do with this OP?

B.) Have you considered moving to one of the popular "Sanctuary Cities" like San Francisco, or N.Y.C.

they FROWN on all those bad old guns there,...and those places are SO safe,.......

You'll FIT right in.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
The world has plenty of nut jobs who will do very dumb and dangerous things like this when triggered.

How does a free society control the ones who will do this type of damage? Scary and sad all at the same time.

Simple,....DEAD simple (bad pun) ....armed citizens.

One must wonder why Gabby had none around her.......,

simple,....

....TUCSON IS THAT SORTA' TOWN.

Look how "Safe" that panned out for everybody.

GTC

to understand tucson you only have to look at the speech tonight by obama, which as much as anything was a pep rally. It was held at bear down stadium at the University of Arizona which is probably the most liberal place in the state.
Its also a place where i would not go at night, south tucson

Last edited by RoninPhx; 01/12/11.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
As squirrely as that guy was, I really see no crimes or institutional care or visits that would preclude his right to firearms ownership under present law. Even extreme opinion and disruptive behavior are not enough to get one put away. Obviously he had very significant issues, but technically he seems to have had the right. I've not really heard anyone define a process that would keep his likes from owning arms.

Years ago, I just missed some graduate schooling years with a guy that many fellow students knew and feared as a poaching gun packing radical. His reputation extended to department heads and deans and directors, with many still willing to tell their stories. Today, he is a very well respected firearms/hunting writer with literally thousands of artiles and chapters in several books. We have many black helicopter folks out here in eastern Oregon that would likely be stripped of their gun rights if the rhetoric I've recently seen here was applied. Mostly, they are really fine folks, just a little heavy to the conspiracy side. Quite entertaining but a little embarassing at political meetings, as they will often dominate the agenda.

Last edited by 1minute; 01/12/11.

1Minute
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I just read the "Red Star" coverage,.......

seems that "Toning down the rhetoric" was a major component.

Which brings us to DUPNIK's ranting,.......uh, right Obee, we'll just kinda' let alla' that slide.

I don't THINK so.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Apuesto a que si Obama sac� su pistola de los pantalones que se lamer chupar

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C F O, I've read thru this thread, as I believe many have and will...but I find your comments (not just this'un) kind of like lighting a smoke with a FLAME THROWER, you might get it lit, but you burned it up in the process.

Why don't you turn the Flame Thrower down a bit and give us a break!

(copied)
FORUM RULES

1] Please be respectful of other posters at all times. The ability to refrain from personal attacks, obscenities, and flame wars is a minimum requirement for a log at the Campfire.

sw

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
hey no conseguir sus pantys en un mont�n. swampwood debe como la madera, como el noroeste de obama

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C F O....I didn't mean to single you out, but you where the one with over 23,000+ post to your benefit!

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
The Sheriff's office refuses to release their records on the perp. I guess it makes them look like dunces.
I think that ship left port about 4 days ago..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 1minute
As squirrely as that guy was, I really see no crimes or institutional care or visits that would preclude his right to firearms ownership under present law. Even extreme opinion and disruptive behavior are not enough to get one put away. Obviously he had very significant issues, but technically he seems to have had the right. I've not really heard anyone define a process that would keep his likes from owning arms.

Years ago, I just missed some graduate schooling years with a guy that many fellow students knew and feared as a poaching gun packing radical. His reputation extended to department heads and deans and directors, with many still willing to tell their stories. Today, he is a very well respected firearms/hunting writer with literally thousands of artiles and chapters in several books. We have many black helicopter folks out here in eastern Oregon that would likely be stripped of their gun rights if the rhetoric I've recently seen here was applied. Mostly, they are really fine folks, just a little heavy to the conspiracy side. Quite entertaining but a little embarassing at political meetings, as they will often dominate the agenda.

I've seen reports that the shooter had issued threats in the past. If true, he could have been arrested and mentally evaluated.

I'm better when I move.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by azcoues
and his face became jittery and contorted.
Like I said, this guy is touched.

He stunned instructors with bizarre outbursts. In a poetry class, he asked "why don't we just strap bombs to babies?"

Wow.
What does one say to that?

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

326 members (17Fan, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 10gaugemag, 1100mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 43 invisible), 2,434 guests, and 1,189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,077
Posts18,501,560
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.