Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Mosby Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
This was a story in the Phoenix fishwrap today. I'm not in any way denying this man his opinion or right to express it. However for the paper to print this seems to be the height of hypocrisy. All week long the editorial staff of the Arizona Republic has been preaching tolerance, the need for toning down the rhetoric, and advocating civility. Today they print this interview with its extremely inflammatory statements.

I guess the need for civility only applies if your views are in opposition to the Arizona Republic.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/...n-beck-politico.html

Arizona shooting victim blames Palin, others
by Kendra Marr - Jan. 14, 2011 11:31 AM
POLITICO.COM

A wounded survivor of the Tucson shooting that critically injured Rep. Gabrielle Giffords is blaming Sarah Palin, House Speaker John Boehner, Fox TV host Glenn Beck, and former Nevada GOP Senate candidate Sharron Angle for the tragedy.

"It looks like Palin, Beck, Sharron Angle and the rest got their first target," Eric Fuller said in an interview with Democracy NOW.

"Their wish for Second Amendment activism has been fulfilled -- senseless hatred leading to murder, lunatic fringe anarchism, subscribed to by John Boehner, mainstream rebels with vengeance for all, even 9-year-old girls," he added, referring to the death of Christina Taylor Green.

Fuller, a 63-year-old veteran, had campaigned for Giffords during her re-election and was at the supermarket for her "Congress on Your Corner" event.

He was shot in the knee and the back in the tragedy that left six people dead and 13 wounded.

"I was in shock, and I just wandered out into the parking lot," Fuller recalled. "And a woman was pushing a cart full of groceries out there. And I said to her, 'I've been shot.' And she just looked at me like I was crazy."

Earlier this week, in an interview with CBS News, Fuller didn't go as far to point fingers. Instead, he called the shooter a "madman."

"I hadn't ever had any kind of trauma experience at that level before," he told CBS. "And I didn't know -- I didn't quite know how to react. I felt like we were in for more, and possibly to be given a coup de grace by this madman that was so vigorously exercising his Second Amendment rights."

The Arizona Republic is a member of the Politico Network.

GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Who is paying this guy?

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[bleep] him

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SAcharlie
Who is paying this guy?

My sentiments exactly.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The dude is a sheep... The worst thing is he is a sheep with a megaphone... He's the problem...He's a serious problem...
Hopefully most will see him for the nut that he really is...
If this dude don't prove that liberalism is a disease,I don't how to prove it...

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Too bad he survived.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
The dude is a sheep... The worst thing is he is a sheep with a megaphone... He's the problem...He's a serious problem...
Hopefully most will see him for the nut that he really is...
If this dude don't prove that liberalism is a disease,I don't how to prove it...

You said well what I was about to...

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He is like my inlaws. True hardcore liberals that buy into the message Olberman, Madcow and The Ed show are spewing and everyone else is wrong.
I hope he can come to see the light and realize he was wrong. Then again money talks and everyone has a price.

May God bless him and shows him how wrong he is.

Kique

Enrique O. Ramirez
CLAN OF THE BORDER RATS - Member

"..faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.." Hebrews 11:1
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well said Kique,but I have my doubts...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by LongRanger280
Too bad he survived.

That's WAY over the top and totally uncalled for. I find his comments to be far less offensive than yours, at least he's not wishing anybody else dead.

IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
It's a waste of breath and time to reason with people like this. Facts don't agree with their agenda; their whole life is living in a lie. It's like a cult, but on an unimaginable scale.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Too bad he survived.

That's WAY over the top and totally uncalled for. I find his comments to be far less offensive than yours, at least he's not wishing anybody else dead.

I disagree... He's way over the top with his "Poor Me" BS...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Giffords votes pro-gunowner every time, so this retard is a communist.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Too bad he survived.

I disagree... He's way over the top with his "Poor Me" BS...

"That much" is certainly true.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just human nature. Something happens and peop,le spin a story to make it bigger. Can't just be random chance that they were there when something happens, so it has to be something bigger. Ego thing. 15 minutes of fame and all that. Feeding the interviewer stuff, so they will stay and continue to listen, and extend the moment. Also, reporters tend to cherry pick interviews to dig out the most controversial stuff, so their story will play.

And add in lawyers giving advice on how to link things to deep pockets for the future lawsuits and you get even more of this.

Doesn't take any conspiracy or agenda from outside for this stuff to happen. And since that can happen also, all the extreme opinions and ideas get a lot of play time.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Maybe if this guy was exercising HIS Second Amendment rights, maybe he could have done something about this instead of hoping someone would come to his rescue.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Too bad he survived.

A Big 10/4 on that one!

Liberals are the ones to blame for the severe anger and frustration of middle America...

once he heals, it should be pointed out to him that Mexico is not that far away... he should see how he likes it there...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This guy is part of the problem, but the real problem is with the "thinkers" and the leftist media who fed him twisted "information" and deformed his perceptions.

Is it too ambitious or too naive to look for an honest politician? Or simply a useful one?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
this madman that was so vigorously exercising his Second Amendment rights."

For the paper to print this without commentary, IMO, shows serious lack of journalistic ethic. Someone who gave a hoot about their readers would give some sort of disclaimer "the following is the opinion of a man injured in the shooting spree and does not reflect the opinions of editor or staff". Then at the end shoot him down in flames "It is our opinion that Loughner was not exercising any right to keep and bear arms "vigorously" or any other way. The founding fathers, the way we read it, did not include any right to go on a murderous shooting spree. We'll chalk this one up to the trauma of the ordeal because to state he is delusional leftist with strong disdain for the freedoms we Americans enjoy would be impolite."

Leftists aren't the problem. Media whores are the problem. A right minded and clear thinking populace would disallow such nonsense by whatever force is necessary, especially if within ear shot of impressionable children. Twisted leftist propaganda wouldn't stand a chance without media whores continually pimping it out.

I hope they get a flood of letters chewing their ass.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Sad, but not really surprising.

Those of us who have not experienced something like this shooting can hardly imagine the range of emotions it stirs up, grief and anger being but a couple. Each person needs to come to terms with it in their own way.

Unfortunately, some do so by going on a crusade, sometimes well intended with positive results, others not so much, as when it results in potential harm to others or unintended consequences.

Examples of the latter are the Bradys and Rep. Carolyn McCarthy with their anti-gun crusades. I empathize with their grief, but don't lay it on me with laws that violate my rights.

I am particularly troubled by the Bradys' crusade. Jim Brady as a presidential aide should have known he was going to be in harm's way by being close to a head of state. So should his wife. It goes with the territory. It is an honorable endeavor. In some ways it is like being a soldier or Secret Service agent. Most of those who suffer harm in the line of duty bear their scars with honor, and their loved ones and those they serve honor their service and sacrifice. They don't whine and blame others. President Reagan and his family were fine examples.

We all hope and pray that Rep. Giffords makes a full recovery. It is absolutely certain that she will come under intense pressure from the anti-gun element to lend her support and name to draconian gun control legislation, a Brady II. It will be test of her values and conscience, and we must all hope that she comes down on the side of reason.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

59 members (7mm_Loco, 907brass, 808outdoors, 9 invisible), 14,381 guests, and 1,135 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,228
Posts18,543,992
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.