Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
sadly for the country....I'm afraid we ain't seen nothing yet. the real estate market will not be anywhere near recovery by 2012. unemployment will still be north of 9%. and most importantly.....something is going to happen on the international front to highlight the amateurish quality of this administration in a way his MSM pals can't disguise. he's been very lucky so far....but that can't last. whether it's an Israeli strike on Iran, an Iranian strike on Israel or the Suadis, a full out war in Korea, the Russians taking the rest of Georgia....Chavez invading Columbia....something will happen to show his a to the voters, which will be the last straw.

That could happen; hope it doesn't Steve but even if things go far south I agree with the OP. Look what he was elected on--nothing of substance, smoke through Saran Wrap. The problem is the masses of voters who read the Enquirer and watch MSNBC for their intellectual pursuits.

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by goodnews
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
sadly for the country....I'm afraid we ain't seen nothing yet. the real estate market will not be anywhere near recovery by 2012. unemployment will still be north of 9%. and most importantly.....something is going to happen on the international front to highlight the amateurish quality of this administration in a way his MSM pals can't disguise. he's been very lucky so far....but that can't last. whether it's an Israeli strike on Iran, an Iranian strike on Israel or the Suadis, a full out war in Korea, the Russians taking the rest of Georgia....Chavez invading Columbia....something will happen to show his a to the voters, which will be the last straw.

That could happen; hope it doesn't Steve but even if things go far south I agree with the OP. Look what he was elected on--nothing of substance, smoke through Saran Wrap. The problem is the masses of voters who read the Enquirer and watch MSNBC for their intellectual pursuits.

Yep.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Obama has been the luckiest SOB in America. His platform was Hillary's, he doesn't really know what he's doing. He spent way too much political capital on healthcare when there were much bigger fish to fry at the time; he's bumbling his way through and the media just keeps giving him a pass. The BP oil leak should have been a massive controversy for him. It happened on his watch, with people he placed in the key roles of regulatory failure. He responded poorly, BP was a huge political contributer, during the crisis he constantly gave breathing room to BP and came to their rescue. If that happend under Bush the media would have an actual linch mob at the White House.

Now I don't mind when the media holds Republicans accountable, but I just wish to hell they'd do the same with Democrats. We need integrity in this nation, and that starts with measuring everything the same way.

If Romny runs, he has an honest to goodness chance. Romny can light up the center and get those center votes that are so needed. Problem is, he has a hard time exciting the base, because he's too centrist for the tastes of Republicans, so Romny's biggest challenge is getting the nomination.

On the other side, contrary to what most here think, Obama has been far more centrist than anyone expected, and he has support in the center. If the economy is on the rise in two years, it's a real uphill battle to unseat a president when the economy is good. Look at Clinton, he was HATED, but America voted with their wallets; adn they always do.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KevinGibson

If Romny runs, he has an honest to goodness chance. Romny can light up the center and get those center votes that are so needed. Problem is, he has a hard time exciting the base, because he's too centrist for the tastes of Republicans, so Romny's biggest challenge is getting the nomination.

Romney doesn't have a snowball's chance in Hell of being elected.
Can you say "RomneyCare"?

I could just see him running against 0bama. He couldn't say schit about 0bamaCare because all 0bama would have to say is "0bamacare is a bipartisan effort at healthcare reform that was in part modeled after RomneyCare" and he'd be right and Mitt couldn't retort with schit.

See, nobody will vote for a fake Democrat like Romney when they can vote for an honest-to-God one like 0bama. McCain clearly illustrated that in the last presidential. If Republicans are going to win they will have to run and honest-to-God Republican, not a Democrat-lite.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BarryC
Originally Posted by KevinGibson

Romney doesn't have a snowball's chance in Hell of being elected.
Can you say "RomneyCare"?

LOL kick them were they live. Romney is a liberal 60's Democrap. To many folks that feel the libturd party has left them as Ronald Reagan said now they want to join the GOP and water it down and make it the old Democratic Party. Sorry get F'ed.

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 01/15/11.

NRA Lifetime Member
IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Obama WILL Be Re-elected - You Can Write it Down......I will believe it when I see it!!!

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
From this week's Kiplinger report

"A half dozen states hold the key to efforts to unseat President Obama:
Indiana, Ohio, Virginia, North Carolina, Florida and Colorado.
Obama won�t carry all six, as he did in 2008 when he defeated Sen. John McCain.
That�ll give Republicans a good shot at the Oval Office even if the economy grows.
The six will be top of mind as the GOP eyes 2012 primary candidates.
Always a factor in selecting a running mate, geography this time will play a part
in determining who is at the top of the ticket as well. With no clear front-runner
in the race, the value of each candidate�s regional base will be carefully evaluated.
Gov. Mitch Daniels or Rep. Mike Pence could lure Indiana back to the fold.
Obama won their usually reliably Republican state by just one point in 2008.
Daniels or former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty would put Ohio in play,
especially given that its economic recovery is likely to lag the rest of the nation�s.
A Southern candidate would help in Virginia and North Carolina�
Ex-Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, perhaps, or Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour.
Obama won Va. and N.C. on a large black turnout, which may not be replicated.
The big electoral college prize is Florida. Obama will have a hard time
if former Gov. Jeb Bush runs or if Sen. Marco Rubio is the GOP veep choice.
And Colorado will be tough for Obama if a Westerner nabs the nomination.
Sen. John Thune (SD) or former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman would fit the bill,
playing the �I understand the region� card to cut Obama�s 2008 margin there."

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Obamacare.... I don't know of any huge entitlement enacted that has been repealed. Sorry guys, but that's the way it is.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I just don't have much faith in the Repubs any more either.

Neither do I; if they screw up in the House over the next 2 years & can't find a charismatic candidate for 2012, The Muslim will win easily.

But, inflation is coming, big time, & he's gonna get hammered for that.

Best thing the R's can do is flood the Senate with popular legislation that the Senate won't pass & that will highlight what a sorry bunch the Dem's & The Muslim really are.

MM

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I just don't have much faith in the Repubs any more either.

Neither do I; if they screw up in the House over the next 2 years & can't find a charismatic candidate for 2012, The Muslim will win easily.

But, inflation is coming, big time, & he's gonna get hammered for that.

Best thing the R's can do is flood the Senate with popular legislation that the Senate won't pass & that will highlight what a sorry bunch the Dem's & The Muslim really are.

MM

Yes. And explain the reason for it based on sound principals. I know the Dem's will throw out a BS flag but it needs to be thrown by the wackos.

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by gahuntertom
From this week's Kiplinger report

"A half dozen states hold the key to efforts to unseat President Obama:
Indiana, Ohio, Virginia, North Carolina, Florida and Colorado.
Obama won�t carry all six, as he did in 2008 when he defeated Sen. John McCain.
That�ll give Republicans a good shot at the Oval Office even if the economy grows.
The six will be top of mind as the GOP eyes 2012 primary candidates.
Always a factor in selecting a running mate, geography this time will play a part
in determining who is at the top of the ticket as well. With no clear front-runner
in the race, the value of each candidate�s regional base will be carefully evaluated.
Gov. Mitch Daniels or Rep. Mike Pence could lure Indiana back to the fold.
Obama won their usually reliably Republican state by just one point in 2008.
Daniels or former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty would put Ohio in play,
especially given that its economic recovery is likely to lag the rest of the nation�s.
A Southern candidate would help in Virginia and North Carolina�
Ex-Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, perhaps, or Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour.
Obama won Va. and N.C. on a large black turnout, which may not be replicated.
The big electoral college prize is Florida. Obama will have a hard time
if former Gov. Jeb Bush runs or if Sen. Marco Rubio is the GOP veep choice.
And Colorado will be tough for Obama if a Westerner nabs the nomination.
Sen. John Thune (SD) or former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman would fit the bill,
playing the �I understand the region� card to cut Obama�s 2008 margin there."

The Republicans have to field a more than credible candidate in order to win the presidency. In the mid-terms the Republicans appeared to have a better than even chance to take the U.S. Senate but blew it over some primary wins.

Happy Trails!
NRA Life Member
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Now the race begins:

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty are headed for �FOX News Sunday� and Newt Gingrich is headed for Iowa Monday.
I have seen all three on FOX lately, but Newt was the one checking off his list of good ideas with Greta last Friday night.

Sarah Palin is doing a exclusive interview with Sean Hannity on Monday night and will be the keynote speaker to the 2nd Amendment Rights advocates at Safari International Club in Reno, Nevada Saturday, January 29th.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

BHO will be extremely difficult to defeat in 2012. BHO will be impossible to defeat if the GOP sends up a far right Candidate.

There are men out there who can defeat him by garnering a significant share of the Independent vote. They are Conservatives who can and will appeal to the middle while holding the Far Right.

There is no way either party can win without a significant number of Independent votes.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Put Allen West in there. He would garner a substantial share of the black vote (those that are no longer fainting from 'change'), would satisfy the independents, and he's conservative enough to satisfy the right. Throw Michelle Bachmann in for a VP.

Sorry, delete the above. It makes far too much sense, and the R's haven't been making any of that in quite a while.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by levrluvr
Put Allen West in there. He would garner a substantial share of the black vote (those that are no longer fainting from 'change'), would satisfy the independents, and he's conservative enough to satisfy the right. Throw Michelle Bachmann in for a VP.

Sorry, delete the above. It makes far too much sense, and the R's haven't been making any of that in quite a while.

Are you crazy a woman for VP???

Seriously that ticket makes a lot of sense. Bachmann may well be our first female President, not in '12 but but sometime in the future.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

BHO will be extremely difficult to defeat in 2012. BHO will be impossible to defeat if the GOP sends up a far right Candidate.

There are men out there who can defeat him by garnering a significant share of the Independent vote. They are Conservatives who can and will appeal to the middle while holding the Far Right.

There is no way either party can win without a significant number of Independent votes.

So you're saying send up another McStain?

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Didn't say that. Who is this "McStain" you speak of? Never heard of her.

The GOP must put forward a man who will appeal to a broad spectrum of the electorate. To nominate a minimalist would assure victory for the opposition.

www.paracay.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Didn't say that. Who is this "McStain" you speak of? Never heard of her.

The GOP must put forward a man who will appeal to a broad spectrum of the electorate. To nominate a minimalist would assure victory for the opposition.

Do any real people populate your little kingdom or is it filled with generic images ?

Was there ever a time when you could just talk , or have you always conversed by proclamation ?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

The GOP must put forward a man candidate who will appeal to a broad spectrum of the electorate.

Duh..............no schit Dick Tracy!!!

Got any more pearls of wisdom in your handbag??

None of us here were aware of that strategic gem!!

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
The economy is not turning around. It will soon be down the sh*tter. If BHO is reelected we will all be in a world of hurt!!! Everyone needs to prepare for the worse.

The foundation for old age is good memories.
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (1234, 17CalFan, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 60 invisible), 2,489 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,343
Posts18,526,859
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.