Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
L
OP Offline
L
This forum is awesome. My dad turned me onto it to keep a little closer, and it's really awesome.

I was always fascinated by the people that are considered to be completely normal; I always found them to be wierdest of all.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by lcplcpowell
This forum is awesome. My dad turned me onto it to keep a little closer, and it's really awesome.

If my assumption is right and you're Pat's son, welcome to the 'Fire.

Also, thanks to you and yours for what you do.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yup, he's mine. Proud of him too.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
L
OP Offline
L
Yes, you're right. I am. And, I appreciate it. smile

I was always fascinated by the people that are considered to be completely normal; I always found them to be wierdest of all.
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Welcome, LCpl.

You have been adopted by a lot of folks.

Very, very good to know you're safe and sound (as much so as Marines ever get).

IC B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Justified.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Welcome aboard, Marine!

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by ltppowell

He's a tough lad if he admits to Pat being his Dad......! whistle Joke Pat.

Welcome from Canada, young man.

Dave
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Konichiwa, howdy and welcome to the Fire from South Carolina and Virginia!

As many will echo much thanks for your service to our great country.

Stay safe and let any of us know what you need or want sent over that way.

David

PS---We all sort of like your Dad and the pictures that he humors us with. wink I even hear tell that he runs a pretty darn good chuck wagon.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
L/Cpl. Powell: I 'wuz' on the Rock in 1965 -- Feb to April at Camp Hansen; April to late June/early July at Camp Sukeran with Echo Battery, 2 Bn, 12 Marines. Left for RVN with Echo and 2/9 in late June/early July '65. Echo provided direct fire support (105's -- the world's best tube) for 2/9.

Guess the place changed quite a bit in the last 45 years. But I bet the natives still love the "Yankee Dollar". When I was there, you still could see some of the remaining WW II pill boxes, fighting holes/trenches, etc.

Good luck with you your time in our Glorious Corps.

Last edited by Ray Newman; 01/16/11.

The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm gonna have a hard time keepin' Momma of here now, so no more necked 4-wheeler ridin' lies!

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was there at Camp Hague in '60 and '61 .Was just Qounset huts so it's probably been given back to the locals .If you run across Suziko from the bar Ichee Bon , tell her Willie said "HI" .[ She'd be around seventy years old and might be a nun by now . I headed her in that direction .grin ]

Semper Fi and welcome to the 'fire!

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by lcplcpowell

While you are there, look to see if any of the locals look like me, my father spent WWII over there and I thought I might have a half-brother or sister...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Welcome. I was USAF and if I remember stopped there on the way back. I still remember being impressed by seeing 'shell holes' close to the edges of the island. Grown over of course but still easy to identify. Also the island still belonged to the US.

Red Baron
L
OP Offline
L
I'm currently stationed on Camp Hansen w/ III MEF

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
LCpl. Powell, you need to send a PM to "ShootingLady".

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
be careful of campfires, son

especially if anybody's tossing wet rocks

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
You know his old man pulled him out to a fire as soon as he got home....

"Here son, hold my beer while I get that rock there"

George

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Welcome lcplcpowell!

George you made me spit beer out my nose! laugh

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Camp Hansen... Spent about 10 years there on two six-month deployments... grin

Actually I kind of enjoyed it. Not much to do then except work, and work-out. Used to get up on Saturday mornings and run over the hills, across the island and back. Good workout. I think it was about a nine-mile run.

Hansen was also the first place I benched 300 pounds. Might just have had a few drinks when I decided to try that. The weight room was way too close to the club.

Did some good training over there. Good memories mostly. Served with some good guys. The Okinawans used to get all upset about the Habu (SR-71) flying in overhead after spy runs.

Anybody who hasn't seen the place in a while, wouldn't believe it. Highways, big cities. Not much America left. Heck, it's been twenty years since I was there...

Semper Fi, Guy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (10gaugemag, 1minute, 06hunter59, 257bobber, 2500HD, 160user, 72 invisible), 2,292 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,791
Posts18,496,099
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.